NB: I'm also actually a tad AFRAID of the RD-8, for one specific reason: there will eventually be a point in time where I'll get curious enough to run its kick through one of my UBMs, and an UBM can turn a 606 "blip" kick into Marvin the Martian's "Earth-shattering KABOOM!". If you hear something about part of downstate Illinois being reduced to a smoking hole of rubble, that'll probably be the result.
-- Lugia

Yeah I noticed that TipTop was bring Buchla stuff over to euro, which is really cool. I might check out those modules and see what I can fit in. I do really love the west coast sound. At the moment I do own Elektron's fm drum machine called model:cycles. It can do some great kicks and hats on its own, and if I sample it I can make them shine. All Behringer hate aside, that RD-8 is a great piece of gear. Hopefully you can keep your ear drums and Illinois safe. UBMs are no joke.

Yeah, leave the Frap stuff in there if you're comfy with it. And to build onto it, you might want to have a look at the Tiptop Buchla collab modules, which are starting to show up now. Hell, this is awfully West Coast as it is, and if you go with the Buchla stuff, you can take it right over the edge into that! Maths is also a great fit into that, too...plus there's a few more Buchla-esque things out there (like Feedback's timbre shapers, etc) that can nail it right on down. But those Buchla modules are missing one critical thing...the HIDEOUS pricetag! The 258t, f'rinstance = $200. Which is utterly BONKERS!!! And they'll also integrate nicely with the sampling aspect, as something like their 281t ($220!!!) is perfect for elaborate keying envelope patterns via the quadrature function.

The Pulsar's a really good idea, too...I've found over the years that "compartmentalizing" the different musical functions, while it results in more gear laying around, does make it a lot easier to keep your mind focussed on the task at hand, instead of trying to do several things at once in the same box. One thing I'd suggest adding to the Pulsar, though, would be a more "conventional" drum machine...you'd use that for the obvious sounds (kick, hats, etc) and then the Pulsar can take care of percussive noises, weird hits, and other things it likes to do. I actually just picked up one of Uli's RD-8s (TR-808 clone...and rather convincing-sounding at that!), and that might make a good pairing with a Pulsar in that sort of usage.

NB: I'm also actually a tad AFRAID of the RD-8, for one specific reason: there will eventually be a point in time where I'll get curious enough to run its kick through one of my UBMs, and an UBM can turn a 606 "blip" kick into Marvin the Martian's "Earth-shattering KABOOM!". If you hear something about part of downstate Illinois being reduced to a smoking hole of rubble, that'll probably be the result.

Hey Lugia! I've been lurking in these forums for a bit and have seen your tips and advice, and they've helped a lot.

You know, I have been eyeballing Soma's Pulsar23. It would be better to bite the bullet and save for that some day than to waste hp in this case with drum stuff. In the mean time I can load samples up on my sampler and use those. Message heard loud and clear on the nerdseq expanders, and mults removed. I am going to go with some stackables. You make a fair point about the Castle, I'd be better off placing it in some sort of smaller case like that if I find that I still want it later.

Do you think I should make this case strictly centered on the Brenso and sampling? I am thinking about adding Supercritical's Demon core for some more cool sounds and chords and leave the rest to modulators, attenuators, etc.

Yeah, there's a lot missing here. For one thing, if this is to do all of those things you want, well...it's doable, but not in that cab. Gonna poke at this and get 'er set up right...

(a few minutes later)
ModularGrid Rack
OK...kick and bass. This has those in spades! I rebuilt the whole thing in an A-100 2x84 cab, for starters...and that's important, as the Jomox module you want is pretty deep. Given that the whole draw is nowhere near a Doepfer A-100P6's current load limit, plus the roadcase build on the cab itself, means that this is pretty much a goof-proof rig that'll work for both studio AND live use. Here's what's in there...

TOP: First up is an EMW trigger sequencer, with 8 steps for each of 8 memories. This is for the Jomox, right next to it. Then a Bastl Popcorn handles your pitch sequencing (and it's internally quantized!) for the thing next to it...a Buchla 258t from Tiptop's collab line with Buchla USA. This oscillator is the grandpa of most complex VCOs out there, because it can internally modulate VCO1 against VCO2, or you can use one as a modulating suboscillator to get huge subbass notes. Or a lot of other things, for that matter. And to help do that, there's an Intellijel uVCA that'll allow you to impose modulation onto the output levels of each 258t VCO, so you could have VCO1 sounding, and then let VCO2 fade in its audio modulation to modulate it. Loads of possibilities...and if that's not interesting enough, the Antimatter Audio Crossfold wave processor allows you to create a composite waveshaped signal by having inputs for both 258t VCOs. Last up is the classic Wiard Dual Borg Filter, which is actually not merely a filter pair, but the individual filters can be switched into lowpass gate mode. This means you can use VCF1 there for timbral shaping, then set VCF2 to the lowpass gate mode and send it some fast envelopes for PUNCH.

BOTTOM: Pam's. You've got two sequencers, so you'll probably find it useful for those as well as other clocking/sequencing duties. The uMotion is a clone of the Mutable Tides; I'd have rather put in the actual thing, but the space dictated otherwise. Then a Mutable Shades and another uVCA handle the modulation treatments. An Intellijel Quadrax/Qx provides envelopes as well as further looped envelopes in case more LFOs come into play. And with the Qx, you can "cascade" envelope triggers and turn the whole thing into a really complex modulation source. Then we get into FX...the Stasis Leak gives you a tap-tempo delay, plus stereo reverb and/or stereo chorus, and the Messor is the stereo compressor with sidechain that you need to get that French House "pump" going. Branch off a signal from the kick, and there you go! For mixing, I went with a Tesseract Tex-Mix, so there's four mono inputs (with VCAs...these are your final audio chain VCAs), and the master module for that contains two AUX send/returns, your headphone preamp, a monitor/cue output, and pretty much a partridge in a damn pear tree! And last, a Happy Nerding Isolator...which you'll be very glad of if you take this to live gigs, with their typical janky AC. The Isolator does two things: 1) - it kills DC, and you want DC killed as excessive DC in your output will kill things like amps, speakers, etc. But it also 2) - prevents crud from getting into the modular via the outputs (ie: everyone's fave - ground loops).

So, yeah...it's bigger and it costs more. But it's now COMPLETE...and as low-end instruments go, this one might have what it takes to give ME and my top-secret CZ-101 subsine bass patch (has been known to cause structural damage! really!) a real run for the money. Plus, this is no sonic one-trick box...the bass voice architecture is loaded with modification tricks, the sequencers let you do set-n-forget setups, there's ample modulation and modifiers for that, and you get a true performance mixer on top of that that can be expanded with more Tex-Mix expansion modules when "M0AR" happens.

I think you'd be better off without trying to do drum sounds in the build. The Taiko does take up a load of room, but the better reason is that you can get much more mileage out of a prebuilt drum machine and some FX than you would with trying to replicate drum functions in the cab. A few more things that could go include the Nerdseq expanders, all of the mults (you shouldn't need buffered mults...there's not enough CV scaling stuff in here to justify them) should probably be removed in deference to some inline mults and/or stackcables. Another thing: the VCAs in the Tangle Quartet are linear VCAs, and while you can use them for audio, it's much better to use logarithmic VCAs for that, as those have a response curve that more approximates how we perceive loudness. Or better still, something based on the Veils (or the Veils itself) where you've got an adjustable response that can go anywhere from linear to logarithmic.

As for the Akemie's, that thing is such a CHONK that you might be better off just sticking it in one of 4ms's powered Pod cabs and treating it like a standalone instrument...which wouldn't be a bad thing, as algorithmic FM in of itself doesn't need filtering, etc. If necessary, you could even go with a Palette 62, as that'll have enough room for the Akemie's, plus an Intellijel Quadrax/Qx for the envelopes needed for modulating the index, etc. And you can use the tile row there for your I/O and a few other useful things (like a Quadratt for mixing envelopes with inversion if needed).

Hi guys
This is my first attempt to plan a rack.
My goal is to set a simple kick and bass rack.
I like the Jomox kick sound and I found Erica black double bass module interesting. To play such module I would need a VCO which I choose Pico from Erica.
With Maths module, I would like to side chain the kick and the bass.

Questions:
- Do I need other modules? (maybe a VCA?)
- Is the power module enough or is it better to choose something more powerful?
- I have as an audio interface a Fireface UCX. Which is the best way to connect the rack to the UCX?

Thank you in advance guys for your time.

alt text

I don't know if it's a matter of too many voices per say, as much as it is a matter of too many hp taken up with voices. Here are a couple things to consider:
-- Do you need the Nerdseq expanders? This is still a fairly small system, and I find it a little unlikely that you'll need so many extra triggers and CV outs.
-- Shakespeare

You are right. I forgot to mention that I would pair this with the semi-failed rackbrute setup I have which has about 4 voices and other things needing modulation. However, even then it is probably overkill.

As much as I don't want to get rid of Taiko, it does take up too much space so I think I will replace it. Stages will probably be a lot better use of the hp than the Megaslope. For vcas I think I was going to use the tangle quartets as mixers/utility, and then the exponential vcas for audio. Not sure if that makes sense, but I may have gone overboard. I am taking suggestions to heart in a duplicated rack, even removing the Castle to see what can take its place.

Thank you for the advice!

I don't know if it's a matter of too many voices per say, as much as it is a matter of too many hp taken up with voices. Here are a couple things to consider:

-- Do you need the Nerdseq expanders? This is still a fairly small system, and I find it a little unlikely that you'll need so many extra triggers and CV outs. Maybe start out with just the basic sequencer, then add an expander later once you're sure you need it (and you may find that you need one or the other, but not both).
-- I'd go with BIA over Taiko just for hp savings.
-- 10 VCAs seems like a lot for a system of this size, so I think you could cut the DVCA (yeah, yeah, I know, you can never have too many, sure).
-- The Castle is huge. If you're dead set on it, you might swap the Megaslope for a function generator that uses fewer hp.

I'm already a sub, can't double-sub. But what I can do is add my voice to the choir: people of MG, subscribe to this great channel clearly deserving of your clicks: great production, great tips, great ideas. What else do you need really ?

-- toodee

Haha! Thank you. :)

Just a thought that has nothing to do with power supplies : I have a few of those modules and the small knobs are quite stiff and tiny (even for tiny fingers). can get tiring.

I'm already a sub, can't double-sub. But what I can do is add my voice to the choir: people of MG, subscribe to this great channel clearly deserving of your clicks: great production, great tips, great ideas. What else do you need really ?

--- Voltage control all the things ---

Hi, I have been posting YouTube videos for a while now. I've gone a bit quiet recently, but I do plan to keep at it. I just checked my stats and I have almost hit 300 subscribers. I know in terms of YouTube this is basically pond life, but I can't help feeling quite chuffed that almost 300 people have hit the subscribe button. If I played a gig and 300 people turned up, I'd be over the moon.

I was wondering if anyone out there would consider subscribing to my channel and helping me get over 300?

Here's a link to my most popular video so far, which has had nearly 4,000 views and 160+ likes (it's gone viral!) :). I think you'll need to watch it on YouTube to actually subscribe. Thank you, in advance, if you do subscribe (or even consider it). Cheers! MLC

Hello! This is the first time I've asked for advice on my rack. I had put together a 6u rackbrute that had too many oscillators without enough utility or modulation. I am hoping for this new case to be more of a success. I've already had it custom-made and there are two power supplies in the case that can handle what I have now. Side note: the person that made my case goes by "Case From Lake" on Reverb and Etsy. Highly recommend you check them out!

Anyways, here is what I got. Starting with a Frap Tools ecosystem for complex oscillator and modulation options for some analog. Supercritical's filter seemed like a good fit. I originally wanted a BIA as well as the Akemie's Taiko to make samples for Squid Salmple, but quickly realized I was running out of space for utilities. After that is a Quaid Megaslope that might be able to be replaced, but I picked it for simplicity's sake. Akemie's Castle is something I have wanted since I first saw it on here, so I would rather not remove it. However, I may have too many voices at this point. Maybe I have to replace it with the BIA and more utilities?

Nerdseq is the perfect sequencer for me, and the expanders should add plenty more modulation and triggers in theory. Pamela's seems to be handy in a lot of situations so I threw that in as well. Finally, some more utilities along with a Warps clone and 6 exponential vcas (maybe not enough). I am using ES-9 for a lot of reasons. A big one being some extra EQ and effects in Ableton for a final mixdown of anything I decide to record. The workflow of the case likely needs adjusting as well. I am not worried about price as I plan to chip away at it over time.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you for reading or viewing my post!

ModularGrid Rack

Thanks, its been about documenting ideas before pulling all the plugs, I've just built the Winterbloom Castor & Pollux so wanted a clear rack for new noodling :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

I enjoyed the pings last weekend and it was nice to hear them return again for the beginning of todays installment along with the drips and sweeps. I must say that it is also nice to see that you are doing a live stream every week, seems like a motivating challenge.

All the best.

whilst it may be true that you can't have too many oscillators, it helps if you have the support modules needed for them as well

sound modifier modules, modulation sources and utility modules are just as important, if not more so than oscillators

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Hey community,

I have been tweaking my QS this morning for a new video, and I went to the conclusion I already did : Wow that's a real keeper, for sure.
In this short video, I explain why I keep it (and it joined the keepers team).

Thank you Eric,I need to add timespamps for the audio example too, they are lost on the length..

Using the Joystick attached to Clouds V/oct and Feedback for the grungy sweeps from the Drips made with triggers fom the Befaco Burst pinging a filter, there there are a couple of Sine waves going into the Danny Sound Timbre which is fairly slowly modulated and heads into Mimeophon, the weird filter drone that is annoyingly panning around your head is two different mono filters.

Cheers for listening :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

Hi,

Just a quick update.
You can add/delete tracks now. Added controls for glide and velocity and track playhead.

OK...it's late January. And late January is normally when Winter NAMM would be happening. But it's not...they postponed it to midsummer and combined it with the Summer NAMM stuff, presumably all out in LA.

SO...what this means is that if module manufacturers want to drop something new at NAMM, well, that's not happening for a hot minute. So users here might take some time to check the newest offerings in the different formats, Eurorack especially, as my bet is that those companies won't want to wait 6+ months. This should be quite interesting, since this IS the most logical place for new modules to pop up, and I'm already seeing some neat new stuff that's here and not out in Anaheim!

+1 on the Tool Box. Frankly, I'm amazed that all of what it's got fits into just 6 hp. It's perfect for adding lots of functionality to a small build.

Sounds like something's misconnected. Did you verify the polarity on all of the ribbon cables? Given that this was a result of a rearrangement, that would be my guess.

...or you could just go with something so overspecced that you can use it as the system grows (which it will!). Trogotronic has their m/15 supply, which has 5 AMPS on each of the 12v rails and 1 amp on the +5, and it's expandable. That might sound extreme, but when you have a P/S like that running at a very low draw, the result is that the P/S puts out less heat...which can affect the overall performance of the build. You also eliminate gradual damage to the P/S's components due to heat, which is a significant synth-killer. And the cherry on the cake is that with the above build, you eliminate all current inrush overloading...which will also pop your P/S if the overage is high enough. No chance of that with the m/15 in that build.

The best solution to power supplies is really simple: get the beefiest one you can! Even if you DON'T use all of the current capacity, there's still some major plusses to having a big honker like the m/15 and other hefty P/Ss out there.

DFAM really doesn't belong in there, and right now, it's crippling the modular because it cuts 60 hp out that this build REALLY needs so that you can put in some proper modulation and other "helper" modules. The layout is also pretty jacked...I don't see anything that indicates signal flow paths, which is going to result in a rather confusing to use result.

As for not having too many oscillators, well, my AE system has a huge amount of them, somewhere around 24. But it's a 180-space system, so the oscillators wind up occupying only 1/9th of the build. It would be better to go with a ratio like that than to have the VCO overkill that's here. Sure, your build's got a lot of VCOs...but the amount of OTHER modules along with that is really out of whack. Also, the thing that you can't have too many of are VCAs. And THAT makes perfect sense when you start poking at what VCAs are actually capable of besides amplitude control.

Here's a new track called "Distant".

https://audiomack.com/embed/solitaire-ou-solidaire/song/distant?background=1

Some patch notes:
1 voice from SSSR Labs SM042 (panned center) & 2 voices from tELHARMONIC (panned L & R) both sequenced by TINRS Tuesday (with Natural Gate, Schippmann DTG, Schippmann DLFO, Elby IF 120, ELBY CGS733, plus a few more as modulation);
OmegaPhi providing another 2 voices (with Permutation, Verbos Random Sampling, CG Products Add 1, DTG, DLFO, IF 120, CGS733, plus);
Another voice is the metallic noise from Verbos Random fed into Rings (with Add 1, DTG, DLFO, IF 120, CGS733, plus);
Some percussion (finger cymbals, shakers) and guitar recorded live; and celesta from VSL

All the best

doesn't look like there's a lot of overlap - and more utilities are always useful...

-- JimHowell1970

Thanks Jim! Now I got it ;) but its not the current state..? So changes coming in a bit later a guess

No Cheeseburger no sloths

The middle light is the 5v power state. Some distribution board dont includes a 5V supply. Verify the specs of your board.
-- defragmenteur

On the konstant labs pwr checker module the middle light is -12v

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

The middle light is the 5v power state. Some distribution board dont includes a 5V supply. Verify the specs of your board.
-- defragmenteur

All 3 lights was working before i rearrangged my case

How do I verify the specielt on my board?

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

wmd/ssf tool-box?
-- JimHowell1970

I have considered that but wondered if it would be overkill since I have the OSD? or maybe utility modules can never be 'overkill' :)

JB

actual link:

ModularGrid Rack

wmd/ssf tool-box?

the rails are the heat sink for the uZeus...

personally I would try to find a single psu that can power all the modules and preferably with a proper bus board

befaco excalibus will power the whole thing and no rack wart - so a bit of extra space for utility modules

The uzeus -12v is limited to 500 ma.

Having a blast with my Rackbrute 3U set up with my Minibrute 2. Would be interested in recommendations for filling in the last 6HP remaining considering what I already have in place. What am I missing? What would be cool to add to this setup knowing that I'm using it with the Minibrute 2 (also cross Rackbrute with my 6U as well, but mostly used with the Minibrute 2).

One note...I have all the effects that I think I'll ever need...plan to do some external stompbox with the Hendrikson....looking at the Hologram Microcosm as a possibility.

Here's the current state:
ModularGrid Rack

JB

-- Next_G

Sequenced cv/fx routing seems interesting in ideas but also tending to sound sludge I guess :B buuut definitely will try out. I kind of feel repulsive at the performers layout.. but think its handy for fast rythmic fx on drums or so.

-- wishbonebrewery

Pretty sums up my relation with the moons (-;

Thanks for input guys!

Hi community,

2 of my young students bought the MK2 of Klavis' Twin Waves, but they don't speak english so I did a full instructionnal video about this dual oscillator/LFO. It has chapters too. Hzppy viewing

-- -ADR-

Thanks a lot for the nice job.

Eric

www.klavis.com

Inspiration technology to let you create the difference

I'm also in two minds about the Moonphase, though I think it takes a bit of learning and some careful tweaking to get the best out of it. It may get sold if I buy another Stereo filter, I do use my 3 other mono filters way more than the Moonphase and can make interesting Stereo (Dual Mono) effects with 2 mono filters. All that said, I sort of think if I did sell the Moonphase I would immediately find a use for it ;-)

this user has left ModularGrid

The Modbab Modular Performer spontaneously comes to my mind as one for cool spacy effects. A good idea would also be a sequencing switch, e.g. to route different tracks or CV modulations to different FX and/or modulation targets. E.g. the Livestock Electronics - Maze , Erica Synths / Sacrament Modular - Cursible or the Qu-Bit Electronix - Synapse .

Heya twiddlers,
Being into modular since a time and trying to downsize and focus myself on this one here. Music im up to is ambientish downtempo or so.. I got a machinedrum and some drum modules nearby, which are also feeding this case for fx. Whole mixing happening in another case + signature 12 for daw recording. Nerd is currently my main track builder,
bitbox as sampler for fieldrecdronestuff, Voltage Block for modulation and quick builings. Also there's a keystep pro for jamming.

The upper 1u is an led lamp from the case, middle one has two passive mults.

Don't have people with modular in my bubble so was kind of interested what others would think about the assemble. I have fun atm but would be open for changes (-; I now its pretty subtractive and I think its time to drift forward.. the chord doesn't gets this much cables its deserves, also im not so sure about the moonphase but both have some sweetspots to discover ... rubicon is an fm beast and really like its behaviour but always needs help from outside and therefore its kind of to big for me.. maybe a klavis twin wave or 2 dixies...
One of the distings usually ends up as a reverb /fx which feels kind of squanderedy, so maybe a fx aid if space pops up...?

sooo what's on your minds?

Thanks and enjoy that u enjoy

ModularGrid Rack

12u 80hp

Also building cases out of old military boxes. But that maybe another thread with pictures :~~~~~~~~~~)

tysm Warlock016!
Somebody once told me you can never have too many oscillators. I guess like any other obsessions, a "junkie" can justify just about anything. :)
I do have a mixer, so I'm covered there. Thanks for pointing out the absence of modulation. I think I have sequencing cover outside the rack with the Keystep Pro, Moog Sub 37 and DAW. I'm hoping Yarns will help make that happen. But I don't know much. It's all learning and most importantly, fun!
Regarding the planning, the rack shows what I already have. I might sell of bits to make a more useable rack or give them to my kid to play with. Just think of it... giving my kid Maths to mess with. That just might score me as one of the hippest days (oops, using "hippest" disqualifies me instantly)
Initially, I'm looking to create a soundscape that interacts with acoustical instruments. Hoping the acoustic instrument will inform the environment with pitch and sequence rate. Funny, I can see it but I'm not sure I can explain it. Again, it's all about having fun.

Thank you for making time to review! Much appreciated!

I agree that more variation in notes would be more appealing. Tried some different things, but did not like the result.

If I would work with a DAW, I would have recorded the "main patch" and started something new, to work on this one later.

The patch is "saved" in my head, the jam recorded.

BTW, thanks for the sub (scription, not bass)!

Wiggles

(I made a note for myself to go back and listen to this on good headphones after having a quick listen on the go, so here is a "full" review, haha)

I really enjoyed this jam and I wouldn't have noticed a to loud clap/snare without you pointing it out. Gets me in the mood to buckle up and have a long night of coding/programming.

Tips for future jams? While sounding great you could transpose and move the bassline a bit and go und and down some halftone steps to shift into another mood. Then staying there for a while and coming back to your root note. But that's more personal preference than anything else.

Keep wiggling those knobs!

First of all, thank you for all this good advice!

NP

first of all - bigger case - but keep this one and add 6u of 104hp

Yes, that is obvious by now, haha. I will order more rails and put together a nice case for it. I'm a woodworker by trade so I have some nice materials for it laying around. I kind of like the 1U form factor, is it worth it to include a couple of rails for this, or is it mostly a gimmick for keeping cases small? Until I get a use for it it can be covered up by a nice wooden panel.

1u is a tricky question - lots of people like it, but it really is just a way of cramming in a bit more without using an extra 3.5"

as for is it good value? in terms of building cases - I don't think so - a pair of rails is a pair of rails, so the same price as for 3u - if you are a wood worker then in all likelihood the cost of materials is effectively nothing, depending on what lengths of wood you can buy in - whenever I've built cases the piece of wood I bought would have easily had enough space for either - and they still take power slots!

as for functionality - there's nothing compelling enough to put a 1u row in, if you can fit a 3u, imo, and you can fit way more in 3u/104hp, than in 1u/104hp - at least 3 times as much... also I think it often encourages people to marginalize utility modules - which imo are equally important as sound sources or modifiers, or modulation sources!

personally I wouldn't bother, but don't let me put you off!

the befaco excalibus is a great DIY power supply

Do you think my uZeus with the booster brick will be too small for this? For what I paid for it (used) it seems to deliver good juice?

quite possibly, yes - always remember you should lead 30% headroom on all rails to allow for inrush... worth noting is that whatever brick you run for the uZeus -ve rail is maxed out at 500mA

As for PNW, Maths and the multi-utility/effects/thingies they are all on my wishlist and I hope to be able to add them to my system in the future, but right now the budget is a little tight. Never seen the Xaoc devices before, so thank you for bringing them up, they look super useful.

Unless something used pops up, I think my next shopping cart will be filled with DIY filters, envelopes, and LFOs. I kind of hoped O&C could do a lot of this for me. I had my hands on a used WASP, but some other dude offered almost shop prize for it.

yeah used prices can be insane at the moment, but unless you can get at least 20% off, I would buy new, if you can - support and warranty are often useful...

one thing to pay attention to - work out the cost per channel and if the DIY version is comparable at that level - for example the tta/buchla quad function generator is about 200(insert major currency) - which works out at 50/channel - it's quite difficult to get a DIY function for much less than this - so once you factor in time etc... it's not always worth it... but sometimes it's fun - my racks are about 50/50 DIY and bought...

Thanks again for the good advice, gotta go write a letter to Santa..

-- Geir74

good luck with that!

thank you ! yeah, nice (like most of RMR stuff), tho this one is a real video of the actual manual, i guess you'd know your module like no other after a viewing ;)

this user has left ModularGrid

As I'm looking at it now, that system draws less than 1 amp in power, and there's 17 modules. Any system with 20 power connectors and 1.4 amp of power should work fine, assuming your ribbon cables are long enough to reach the connectors.