their (clearly unsecured!!!) website
-- Lugia

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that ? It's not as clear for me :-)

--- Voltage control all the things ---

Thread: Korg SQ-64?

Hi,

I realized that the CV output of the gate was set to 5v. I've now switched it back to 10v and the sq64 triggers the SD808.

Now, the question is, is the sq64 triggering the tiptop drum modules correctly or i am not getting the the best out from them (e.g. gate too short, voltage right).

Anyone else use the sq64 with the tiptop drum modules? Experiences?

thanks
Ciao
Matteo

Interestingly, the last new module design they have on their (clearly unsecured!!!) website is from early 2020, which is a big switch from their prior consistent introduction of new modules. I can surmise a guess as to why they might seem to be MIA, though, but I'm not going to get political on MG.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with Rat King directly instead via their website at http://ratkingmodular.com/ . You might also find some useful fixes in their own assembly directions, which might or might not be the same as the ones Synthrotek provides. Good luck!

That Maths/Quadrax combo is no accident, either! They're fantastic modules to bounce off of each other. With the addition of the Qx expander, also, you then open up wild cascading envelope/LFO behavior...and you can use the various "End Of..." outputs to fire things back on the Maths, too. Or, hell, send the Maths on into audio frequency and then use it as some mutant VCO with the Quadrax doing the modulation. Loads of possibilities with those...

Up until recently, I have had nothing but good experiences with the modules and kit builds that I have purchased from Synthrotek. I have their Sequence 8, which I built and works flawlessly. I also have built a Rat King Random Sequencer and an MST Multiples. And I have purchased assembled, a Tone oscillator module. All are fine. Everything was fine, until it wasn't.
Recently, I purchased a Rat King Gates module. This is where my troubles began. Right off the bat, the unit did not work after assembly. I checked everything, my soldering, component placement, everything. It was all in order.
I tried to reach out to Synthrotek, about this and they told me that there is dual polarity on their Vactrols. Not only do they have to placed correctly end to end, but also side to side. These instructions were vague on the assembly guide.
Okay, so I removed the Vactrols and flipped them around, and still the unit did not function. (Even less so than before)
Okay, so the unit doesn't work. It's a risk you take when you build a kit. I was resigned to that. A $70 lesson in asking questions about vague instructions.
So, now the issue is, Synthrotek has gone dark. I've emailed, I've called, numerous times. No response.
At first,all I wanted was suggestions on a path forward. Now, realizing that the module is probably a paperweight, I just wanted to let them know that there was a problem. Now, I'm not sure if there has been problems with this build before with others, as I cannot find anything on the web.
I have now resigned to no longer do business with this company. Going dark on your customers is the fastest way to lose them. I would have probably kept on buying from them them, were it not for the lack of communication.
Will I put electrical tape over anything with their name on it in my racks? No, probably not. But, it will remind me that all it takes is for a company to ignore their customers one time, to lose them forever.

Rings is a great option - I came from a guitar background too and really like it for those sorts of tones - plucky is pretty easy to dial in and the red or orange/red mode (not available in vcv rack iirc) on polyphony gives a nice stereo ish spread - alternating notes left and right

using other sound sources as input works really well too - drones etc are available

I very rarely send mine through a filter or vca though - mostly just through a delay - mostly clouds or magneto or disting and then at the moment I'm sending everything through an fx aid xl on the lo-fi algorithm

so you may find you don't need one - or maybe you do, but stereo - blades perhaps or qpas

if you are enjoying vcv rack something like an es8 or es9 can be a great link between the vcv rack and the modular

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Had the same issue. The noise is due to the fact you are using the USB to power it. I am now using the power adapter and the noise is gone.

Now, litteraly 20 minutes ago i found an issue with my sq64. It cannot trigger the tiptop sd808. It works fine with the bd808 and hats808 but no way to have the sd808 working.
I just got the module and i tought something was wrong with it but i have manually triggered it using a MI ears and it works.

Anyone had the same issue? Ideas on how to solve it?
Thanks
Ciao

As I want to use the Pams as my main "trigger" for everything else I would sync it up via the nifty case clock output (midi from my OP1 into the cases midi input). Then the Pam will give me synced clock signals and divisions or multiplications thereof. If the midi clock really is way too far off the clk in on the Pam should also be able to be synced by a click-track (correct me if I am wrong on that). While Pam can run the 16 step sequencer of Cellz (needs a signal and a division of 4 of that signal) Marbles can't as far as I know.

As far as the micro and nano modules go I understand the concerns and I really like the aesthetics of the full-sized Mutable Instruments but the small clones have their own appeal by being more cost and space-efficient. While of course this can make things messy too for a first dive into modular they seem to give me more bang for the buck.

For the branches/twiigs: I really like the simplicity of the concept and feel it might be a fun thing to play around with.

Speaking of voices the plaits was the first to catch my eye but now as I understand things a little bit more I had quite some fun playing around with the Mutable Instruments Rings in VCV Rack. Coming from a guitarist background I just resonate (no pun intended) with the strings sounds it can create. Could Rings be a good option instead of the Plaits?

I feel a lot of feels for this. I started my case with the Cr8 Nifty as well. Still enjoying it and I've not made any further steps of expansion. As Lugia stated, the biggest draw back is jamming it full to the point of not having finger space. For now that doesn't cause enough pain to change, but I can see it coming down the road. I was pretty specific in what I wanted, and maybe most of all I wanted a small amount of HP to insist on being specific. My goals were a random-ish, single voice, musique concrete tool to supplement other gear I use (Korg SQ-1, many delay/loop/verb/ring mod pedal options, Arturia Drubrute Impact, KaosPad 3, and a myriad of cassette looping tools and shortwave radios.

For sharing purposes:
Maths
Uplaits (main voice)
Tiptop Forbidden Planet Filter
Deopfer Dual VCA
Bastl LOL Mute
Wogglebug
Morphagene
2hp Div
ST Modular Mia 2x2 crossfade mixer
Bastl Hendriks Pedal Interface

I decided to learn everything really well, embrace boundaries and not worry about what I can't do quite yet. My current setup is hours of fun and the Make Noise modules are pretty endless, as far as learning goes. The uPlaits has been a great voice option. That said, things I look at lately are a filter with separate ins and outs (the Tiptop filter sounds amazing though), Resonant EQs, Low Pass Gates, and a more stable clock source (Woggle is fine, but it's limited). Pams is def on the list. I also use the SQ1 a lot for clock.

Anyway, enjoying the comments and suggestions here. So much to learn.

yes

output of one module into input of other module - repeat

also google 'maths illustrated manual' and work your way through it

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Just recieved the second module in my build. I now have the Maths and Quadrax and all I can say is holy crap there is a lot to learn with just these two modules...lol...playing around with them using my Hydrasynth. They are both pretty 'deep' and I'm sure will take a while to really learn how to use them....looking around at some of these HUGE racks people have thinking damn, I'm barely scratching the surface. Its all good as I love the process of learning.

I'm not sure if its possible yet, but could I modulate the Quadrax with Maths (or vice versa)? if so, does anybody have any suggestions to try out?

JB

personally in a starter case I would rather have Marbles than Pams - I have Pams and whilst I use it a lot - I'm not a big fan of programinig it - the screen is small and at the moment it is not in an ideal position in the rack to see the screen - marbles on the other hand has a lot of knobs so is much more interactive

I really wouldn't bother with twiggs either - Pams or Marbles can do this and there is not so much in the case that you will need or want a branches-alike module let alone 2 - I have one and a DIY one in the back log - but I have about 1500hp of modules - I use the branches I have mostly for hats - as it is easy to get nice skip/open/closed ratios by self patching the top section to the bottom section

I would also consider swapping out the micro clone of plaits for a real one - there is plenty of space and ergonomics are very important - micro modules = poor ergonomics - it's possible you've never actually seen an eurorack modules in reall life yet - a lot of people in this situation get a shock with how small modules actually are - it'll cost a few extra $/€/£ but not many - and mutable support is fantastic - I had a button fail on Marbles - back to Emilie to fix - sent last Thursday - should have it back this Friday!

how are you intending to sync the modular to external gear with Pams? - there are a couple of midi expanders which may work - I use an audio pulse in the DAW (the one i use is from make noise web site) and send that through an expert sleepers es8 when I need sync and use that as clock in to Pams - in computer OSes audio is much higher priority than midi - so timing is tighter - using a midi clock via a BeatStep Pro was sloppy/out of time

as a next module - if you can find one buy kinks - it is a really useful inexpensive utility module - it's been recently discontinued - but there is still stock in some shops

otherwise I would buy plaits and then veils - plaits has a built in lpg (which is a combination vca/low pas filter) - so to a certain extent you won't need either a fillter or vca for the audio path to start with - the vcas will be useful for modulation purposes (modulate your modulation)

Solved. "The Red Stripe" on another module got me.

So here are the updates I did so far

__Update 22.06.21 __
-Got rid of the the 2hp tune as it was deemed unnecessary
-Swapped the mixer for a Mutable Instruments Veils
-Got rid of the branches and Marbles and inserted a Twiigs (4 random gates + pam should still be a lot of randomization)
-Bought Pams new workout as syncing cellz and chipz with external gear is a pain in the ass as off now and beeing one of the highest rated and most popular modules this doesn't seem like a bad starter (tho it might be a bit overloaded for a beginner like me)

I do believe that for a full-fledged Eurorack-System this case will be too small yet this is just the start of my journey. I will probably pick up the modules one by one so even filling up this case will take its time. The gaps it has are filled by external gear for now (OP1+Electribe and some guitar pedals+external mixer). Once I get to the limit of the case I can still consider adding more or switching to a bigger case. So the new question erupting is: What to get first/next?

pitch output from both marbles and pams is quantized - the 2hp tune modules are superfluous

marbles contains something like a mini branches - I use both but I have a lot more - you don't need this in this size case

in this size case I would remove the mixer and one of either pams or marbles and add a quad cascading vca such as veils

I also agree with both Lugia and CM487 - in that the case is too small for more than a single voiice - and probably better used as a control skiff for a larger case

Besides what Lugia said you could maybe build a single mono synth voice in this case. You already have a basic sequencer and a dual vco plus LFO. So you might want to start „east coast“ and add two envelopes (imho Maths is too big for your case), vcas, a filter and are ready for some bleeps and bloops. Possibly you even have some space left for later additions.
Maybe you could also go west and add something like Happy Nerding FM Aid or some Waveshapkng utility and a Low Pass Gate (LxD) plus some envelopes and vcas of course.

VCAs, for starters. Right now, you have no way other than manual control to impose an "envelope" on your sounds. That's the sort of thing that's pretty much a "fatal error" in most builds.

Your biggest problem here is, in fact, the Cre8 cab itself. I know you see loads of single-row "beauty case" builds on YouTube, but it's worth noting that those usually fall into two camps:

1) The build is a very specialized device that's not suitable as an all-around modular system. Or...

2) The build HAS everything, including absolutely no space for your fingers whatsoever.

Neither of these are of much use, really. What I would suggest is to strongly consider a larger cab to accommodate a much larger (and far more comprehensive) module complement so that you DO have a proper system. As for the Cre8 case...keep it, as I think you'll find that it can work nicely as a cab for your controller setup. It already has its Cells module, after all, and having the oscillator there, then adding a better controller would make that a little bit like the old ARP 2600's 3620 keyboard with its auxiliary modules and extra expression controls.

Hi I recently got really interested in building a modular synth. So far I bought a Nifty Bundle with the case (84hp) Cellz and Chipz. That makes 60HP left that I want to fill with some interesting modules. I don't necessarily have a narrow vision on what I want to achieve. I just want to play around and have fun creating some engaging evolving sounds. I do like weird modulations and imperfections so to say I am more of a kid playing around than a "real" musician. So far I came up with this rack:

Pams New Workout: For clock and somewhat a jack of all trades for triggers and signals. (Bought)
Plaits: As my main voice (it seems to be quite versatile in what can be achieved with plaits)
[Marbles: A random sequencer with room for interesting modulations]
[Branches: Trigger/Gate randomization]
[2x2hp Tune: Tuning frequenzies. So far I planned 2 one for each voice]
Cellz and Chipz: They are non-negotiable as I already have them. I know they are not the greatest modules yet usable
[Doepfer A-138n: A mixer where I can merge my voices]
Doepfer A-121-3: Highpass Lowpass Bandpass for filter reasons
Twiigs: For randomization (swapped in for Marbles and Branches)
Mutable Instruments Veils: Swapped in for Doepfer A-138n

That makes for a total of 10 Modules. Now the Question: Is it any good? Any suggestions? Am I missing anything?

Update 22.06.21
-Got rid of the the 2hp tune as it was deemed unnecessary
-Swapped the mixer for a Mutable Instruments Veils
-Got rid of the branches and Marbles and inserted a Twiigs (4 random gates + pam should still be a lot of randomization)
-Bought Pams new workout as syncing cellz and chipz with external gear is a pain in the ass as off now and beeing one of the highest rated and most popular modules this doesn't seem like a bad starter (tho it might be a bit overloaded for a beginner like me)

Update 23.06.21
As I got a decent deal on Twiigs and a nanoRings (still considering getting the big one if I feel like it) I ordered those two. Living in Europe it is kinda hard to get those modules from serious sellers that provide warranty (again correct me if I am wrong) so I just had to take them.

I do believe that for a full-fledged Eurorack-System this case will be too small yet this is just the start of my journey. I will probably pick up the modules one by one so even filling up this case will take its time. The gaps it has are filled by external gear for now (OP1+Electribe and some guitar pedals+external mixer). Once I get to the limit of the case I can still consider adding more or switching to a bigger case. So the new question erupting is: What to get first/next?

Future Sound Systems Makrow - 8hp, white, and has multiple CV outs for a single large knob. Super handy.

Thats a great listen :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Nicely done :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Ah yes, it seems like the club first opened in the 80s, so yeah, it might be that one :)

Thanks for listening!

plans for maps and maps for plans

bass from plonk?
melody from deckard through magneto
sampled trent chops from er301
possible jumbled orchestra from disting ex

Hi Ronin1973,

Nice to have you back! This has been awhile that we have heard from you :-)

Welcome back and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Exposure,

Nice! A recording from you, that has been awhile ago indeed :-) But you nailed it with Star Club Kaoos, great, high energy tune that has great variations and sounds indeed you had tons of fun! It's tons of fun to listen at too :-D

How was that club called in 1988, also Star Club Kaoos? It was back in 1988 when I had been there on Ibiza... can't remember the club names though I have been.

Ha, ha, your filter-fun just before 4:30 is great! Nice one and thanks a lot for sharing this, kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

If you want to use pots/knobs:

Intellijel's 1U Quadratt is great for manual CV control. You can control up to four CV signals. You need only patch the outputs to whatever you wish to control. But if you don't have an Intellijel case, you are out of luck.

Befaco makes a Dual Attenuverter in 3U that can control up to two. Yes, its man function in life is to attenuvert. But just like the Quadratt, when nothing is patched into the input, the CV offset will generate its own CV.

As far as CV, always read up on the devices CV out or input ranges when mating two things together. It might effect the range of control that you have.

The Westlicht has MIDI ins and MIDI outs on 3.5mm TRS cables. You're going to be better off connecting the Performer directly to your DAW via MIDI and relying on the MIDI standards to start/stop/reset your sequencer.

As far as CV, look under the "CLOCK" section and you should be able to adjust the Performer's response to clock signal starting and stopping.
https://westlicht.github.io/performer/manual/#pages-midi-output

Read my mind. In fact, I intend to put all the Expert Sleepers modules in the 3U - balances the load nicely.

the first thing I would do is take the es9 and move it to the 3u - this will reduce your power consumption in the 6u by a considerable amount

don't forget that a lot of utility modules are passive - mixers, attenuators, mults, switches etc etc all of which are very useful in a modular synthesizer

as are blind panels - and they stop you dropping cables on to busboards etc!

Thank you for your reply and the workaround. This is helpful to me. For a future request - imagine if you could merge racks, and/or rows. Or extract selected rows and create a new rack by doing so. That would really be a good thing. Please consider thinking about it or implementing it. Of course i don`t know how much work it would be or how complex it can get.

Optimized for performance. Signal flow is fairly obvious, but augmented by tymkers internal patch bussing. Recently switched to the dsub version.

Most types of synthesis represented here including additive ( Odessa) and phase modulation (Gen3, Assimil8or) . No format synthesis, but z-plane is close enough. Matched thru-zero fm synthesis with 2x Rubicon^2.

Extremely varied filter choices, 12vcas, 4+ options for coloring saturation. Additional saturation from overdriving anything or z-plane.

4 envelopes + 2 function generators. I feel my envelopes are limited sometimes considering the other uses for contour 1, like pitch slewing.

Very powerful performance and creation sequencing with Vector + launchpad control.

Daisy patch is amazing and makes up for most absences along with Assimil8or’s CV sampling. Daisy Patch’s primary operation is 3 channel saturator for analog multi band crossover. Also, performance sidechainer (internally and cv sidechain envelope out to vcas), reverb, delay, and summing mixer. And whatever else I can design in max.

Case is mounted with 8, 19” racks. Metatronic bus bar distribution. Metatronic PSU, 2 power one PSUs. Custom made 22awg power cables.

Self notes 5/20/21:
Maybe get rid of clouds and get second Daisy?
Install power output to external case for doepfer mixers?
Find solution for quick release 19” brackets.
Build Euclidean sequencer for Daisy patch based off of pre-fed midi data.

HI MOdheads,
Can anyone help with sync between the Westlicht and Logic x .

Im using a CV.ovd to sync logic to Pams New Workout. Taking a clock from Pams to the Westlicht.

How do I get the Westlicht to start and stop in sync with Logic ? I cant seem to find the right set of options so that when I restart logic from the start of a bar, the West starts at the beginning of its cycle as well.

thanks

Matt

Yeah I’ve got a 3U on the way and according to Arturia’s website, the 3U has the same exact power rail so all will be well!

Thanks Jim

It's been a while since I last recorded a track, this one was a lot of fun and I though I would share it here :)

A lot of what's going on is modulated by hand, like the wet/dry in the effects or the cut-off in both the filter and the 303. This hand modulation thing was pretty much inspired by Blawan, who seems to do everything by hand instead of using cv.

The 303 is from a Behringer td-303, if I recorded it again I would probably use less resonance though. The original recording was 8 minutes long but I removed the intro as it wasn't really interesting. To record it I multi-tracked into ableton live and arranged the parts I liked the most, I also added a bit of compression.

By the way, Star Club Kaoos was a pretty cool club in Ibiza during the '90s. It was then rebranded as Eden which is still one of the most popular clubs in the island.

You cannot merge racks. You can copy modules from one rack to the other with the c and v shortcuts, that works with two different browser windows so you open the two racks in two windows and copy paste from one window to the other.
The other workaround is to use your My Modules collection to quickly put your modules in a rack.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

the rule of thumb that gets used for this is always leave 25-30% headroom on all rails - this is to allow for inaccuracies in the stated draw and to allow for inrush issues (where modules take much more power than stated whilst starting up - usually digital modules)

I would advise against trying to get that much power out of that power supply

Hey Lugia, that's some great Input for my small rig. And I'd rather have some "analog" module on the output chain instead of the next DSP module. Great!

In the meantime I found out about the Tesseract Hex mix which neatly fits in to my channel and size needs. Might make the current output module obsolete but should work nicely with the Isolators.

Thread: Minirig 3

It could work, but it could be also tricky in a live environnement if the PA is very loud. And dangerous for your ears if you have to cranck it up and get it very close to one of them. In this situation, maybe an external headphone preamp with a closed headphone is preferable (and also cheaper in you need it for that purpose only, as there very cheap headphone samps available).

One more question, is there any advantage of the Mimetic digitalis over V4+ that I am missing. It’s only 10HP, has four cv channels but it’s basically non-programmable if I understand the module details correctly. Also no Gates, which might be ok if I have triggers from DFAM, a square LFO and a 2hp Euclid. After all, the V4+ still seems more versatile, correct?

@mamonu, yes, the size of vb made me think. I switched to v4+ and kinks to save space. However, as none of the Malekko modules is currently available I’ll have some time to think through this anyway. Maybe I switch a few more times. ;-)

@ThanosF, thanks for your thoughts. Delay and reverb are indeed important. I’m not sure, if I’ll have those in the case or if I stick to guitar pedals. One sees this quite often, I believe.

Hmmm...it occurs to me that you could also arrive at a "matrix-ish" result with a Frap 321 in place of the Shades. The fit's the same, too. Not a "true" matrix, sure, but it's in the general ballpark.

Thread: Minirig 3

I can see another use for these as well: tuning while live. If they self-amplify, you should be able to use an attenuator cord to hook it directly to a VCO output, then when you suspect tuning issues, just plug it into a different waveform and hold the speaker up to your ear for adjustments. Given that you've got some volume with these (apparently), this should be sufficient to let you hear the VCO against the PA so that you can correct things. This would be very useful for synthesists who don't have mixers with a CUE function.

This will be my current 6U RackBrute, once the Chainsaw arrives. Didn't occur to me to check the power limits and I fear I may be over the 1,600 +12V. (Modgrid says the +12V line is 1,686).

I'm also not sure which is row 1 and which is row 2 - the RackBrute manual doesn't really make this super clear...

I don't have a good understanding of electric power, so I'm not sure if I'm reading the RackBrute manual correctly. If it is over the limit, it's not a huge problem as I'm planning to get a 3U at some point, just not right away.

Far as rack design goes, I'm not going bigger than a 6U and 3U anytime soon because there is not enough space in our small Brooklyn apt! I lean on VCVrack for everything else (VCV Host with the free Supermassive plugin is awesome). The 3U will be mostly about logic and time modulation, but likely a mix of duties, to mix up the power demand I guess.

Anyhow, I digress. Just checking to see if I'm about to encounter some problems. Thanks!

For minimal techno I'd use a module that can create a lot of sounds, like Plaits and a delay module for that cool dub style echo's. And maybe a good modulation module with lots of random cv's for making interesting sequences with the filter of the DFAM.

What I would also do is not have the 60HP contraint. But you can do a lot of things with the rack you have planned and a smaller sequencer like the v4+ instead of the vb8. vb8 AND 60HP is putting you in a corner IMO.

Kinks and/or something like the Lapsus Os that you have in your rack plans would be able to attenuate/offset/invert
all modulation so it fits the range of what BIA is expecting. Spacewise i think that is what I would do.

Kinks is amazing for the size and what it offers.
CV wise the first part SIGN gives a signal inverter and and a half- and full-wave rectifier (that only keep the positive part of a signal.See the panel or the manual to understand this).

So one signal in and 3 interelated but different out. and thats only the first part of Kinks

For quality effx HN FXAID is great and only 4hp.

So if you take out v8+ and pico dsp and put in v4+ ,Kinks and HN FXAID you have a more balanced system.
and still 6hp for something else ;)

Thank you, mamonu. I was thinking about V4+ as well. However I‘ve watched a performance by Baseck with the VB modulating all cv inputs of a NE Synth, that made me curious. Since DFAM is negative volts as well and the NE VCOs accept only positive, I wonder if they would pair well at all? I mean CV-wise. Kinks looks like a useful many-in-one utilities. Haven’t seen this before.

Thanks again Lugia, that is all good advice! I've got a power supply coming for it next week, I think I will just use the USB cable for firmware updates going forward. I don't really need the SQ-64 to be connected to my DAW anyway, I'm primarily using it to send sequences to my modular rack, then I connect my output module to an audio interface connected USB3 to my DAW if I want to record.

Perhaps a Malekko Varigate 4+ for this case would be more suitable
it can either be 4 cvs or 2 cvs/2gates or 4 gates sequencer...

that gives you a bit more space to put something like... MI kinks perhaps??

Hi all,

I‘m new here and new to modular. I started off with a DFAM (leaving the Electribe aside) and upgraded with a 60HP case. Currently I‘m having a dual LFO and some attenuverters in the case, which add quite a bit of modulation to the DFAM.

my current rack

I‘m running an external 4 Ch mixer with one aux send to some guitar pedals (RE-20 and tc hall of fame) but would like have everything in the case, if possible. Probably no way this is possible!? Obviously, I‘m into (minimal) techno and like the restrictions a small system imposes. Also, I don’t have room for significantly more. I thought about the following option to fill the 60HP. I would probably start with getting a BIA next, can be patched to the ext in of DFAM as long as I don’t have a dedicated output module.

my planned rack

What are your thoughts? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
C.

a couple of things to point out here:

plaits is dual mono not stereo - it has 2 outputs, but they are variations not stereo

warps is also not stereo - possibly it is in some modes - it has 2 inputs (carrier and modulator) and 2 outputs (the 'normal' output and a vca'd aux output which appears to be a mix of the input and the output) - again that doesn't make it stereo - just 2 output channels - and I'm not sure how modulating one output of plaits with the other will work in practice - if I had warps i would try

so maybe a better signal path would be both plaits -> veils -> warps -> qpas (for filtering and stereoisation) -> beads (insert more vcas as appropriate)

I'd probably skip the NoiseRainbow2 - kinks has 'noise' and marbles has a random output (Y) - probably enough in this size case

I'd probably also remove the quadrax and expander - I think that Pams and Maths should be enough modulation sources for this size case - but I would want more mixing capabilities - probably a matrix mixer, specifically for mixing modulation sources together - choice is limited by space though! and/or another quad cascading vca (take the dual out and replace?)