Is there a way of merging duplicate submissions?
-- TriangleMan

No, we flag the newer one as duplicate.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

The ads are already timed and selfdestruct after 3 month. Maybe that period is too long...
Since we are not included in any transaction it's hard/next to impossible to find out which offer is still valid...

Also I would like to see a tag / attribute "is an expander for [link to module]"
-- wiggler55550

I am always in for "flat" solutions. People could just write it to the module description and place the link there?
I mean, that is not a property we need to search for e.g. does someone need a "show all expander modules" function?

Apparently, the trend for custom panels is here to stay and expand, which is fine in itself, and not a problem at all, quite the contrary.

most have no manufacturer attached and can be filtered out by unchecking "show exotic modules".

Another branch out of mainstream is the 1U high modules.
Now regarding Modulargrid's database, it's getting difficult and annoying to sort out all of these.

I suggest that alternative panels or modules are categorized as such.
I mean all variations of the "base" reference module.

On the search tool page, there would be a check box for alternative panels to be included in the search.
Another check box would allow 1U panels to be included in the search; right now you can search for the 1U but not exclude them from a search.

Exclusion of 1U should be easy to do.
The thing with different faceplates and related base modules is more complicated.
There are problems to solve like "User X uploaded the base module, User Y uploaded a different faceplate. What happens if X deletes the base module."
But I see that something has to happen in this area.

Another aspect to manage is the actual availability of modules.

Yes, this should have been there from the beginning.

What do you think?

That are all good points. Most of them are already on the to do list. Time is just the factor.

I have added Motovilo to the list.

Thanks! And because I read this on my mobile, I also found and fixed a new bug regarding retina and huge user avatars

Thread: Unicorn

Thanks for that!

Thread: Change Log

Retina Resolution

We have high image resolution for the module browser, module detail view and the rack planner.

new rack theme: Geeklapeeno Cluster

the Cluster is a modular enclosing for your ... modular.
Checkout the real thing here: http://www.geeklapeeno.com/

Thread: Marketplace

it might be a good idea to clean out older offers.
-- ghee hgt

We have that feature already! Sellers get a message after 2 or 3 month, if they don't BUMP the offer, it will be deleted automatically some days later.

DIY builds are no official Mutable Instruments modules.
That is the reason we reassigned it to other/unknown.

The pro account does this!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/pro_index

marketplace automatic cleanup

All offers older than three month will be automatically deleted.
The sellers will be informed via private message beforehand, so they have a chance to b.u.m.p. their offers (and prevent the deletion).

Added Switzerland as a region in the marketplace.

I have another request: Can you make 2 regions for Europe, EU and Non-EU?
-- bj_gzp

I can not find the right term. Non-Eu would also be Hongkong.
I have renamed Europe to EU and have added Switzerland to the list.
That is not the most universal but practical solution to me since we have many swiss users so they deserve their extra status.
Sorry I needed one year for that

Honestly, how do you call european countries which are not in the EU?

That would be a big change. In fact the whole database has to be changed. This will not happen, sorry.

So how long does it take for my Unicorn to materialize?
-- ishkabbible

That is an automatic process that unicornifies you instantly.
Something went wrong, I pm you.

Good idea. Considered!

Thread: Zoot Horn

You kids and your fancy Zoot Horns. In my days all we had was a single broken Doepfer VCO and a Mult.

The comment section for racks is already there. We have this for a long time, but only a few guys uses it.
Maybe the implementation sucks.
Comments are displayed under the users Rack but technical are a MG Forum thread.
So if someone comments your Rack you find it on your Rack page AND in the MG Forum.
Is that what you mean or do I misunderstand you?

First I have to say, ModularGrid is such an indispensable site! I would have been completely lost and probably never had the nerve to jump into modular without it. I was happy to contribute by buying a Unicorn account.

Thanks for kind words!

My feature request is the ability to create module profiles/images that are not public. I have a few unique aspects to my rig that I'd love to be able to add to my personal rack but I feel will only cause confusion if they show in searches. Specifically, I've made a sort of breakout panel for my Kenton Pro 4 to make the outputs directly patchable within my rig. Additionally I have my Beatstep Pro mounted in a row. I know it's not 100% necessary to see this while arranging my modules but the visual sure would help.

You can absolutely do that. Just click the checkbox Do not list this module when uploading a module.
The module will not show up in the module search. However that is not a bulletproof type of privacy for your top secret prototype module: people can see the module if they guess the URL.
That is on purpose so you can still send a link to the module to a friend.

It would also be nice to be able to select multiple modules at once to move as a group. Like dragging a selection over a group or something like that.

That is a tricky one which might come some day but not soon.

I don't know if either of these topics have already been addressed so sorry if they have.

Keep up the great work!
-- Precarious

Thanks for supporting, have fun playing your modular!
Knut

Check, check, that is a test ...
Also: that rack looks great!

Thread: Bug Report

One question: my password got sent to me by email in cleartext.

We do not send passwords via email! Please forward the mail you have got to info@modulargrid.net

I hope that doesn't imply that my password is stored on the server in cleartext?
-- praffensperger

No, passwords are hashed and salted.

Since Eurorack seems to get more popular, every month new manufacturers enter the market.

Some of them come up with amazing new designs. But many manufacturers just get their prototype working and never manage to turn it into a working product which people can actually buy.

Because all those Vaporware manufacturers would clutter up the database, we moderate the entries.
You cannot buy into the list.

the policy for a manufacturer listing on MG

Users must be able to buy your module and get it delivered now, not soon.

• ideally you have at least 3 modules to sell in a store
  • or have ONE everybody talks about
  • no listing for manufacturers who produce designed blank panels only
  • no listing for manufacturers who produce Mutable Instruments clones only
  • no listing for manufacturers who produce mults only or other very basic designs

We have always the right to deny the entry.

new product launch

For technical reasons we cannot add a manufacturer to the list without having a module attached.
You have to upload the module always as “other/unknown” first.
If you check it as “unlisted” the module wont show up in other people browsers.
So you can prepare the module page shortly before you announce it.
You can upload an “enigma” photo if you are suspicious and do not want the image to leak.

Send us a private message.

I see. I did that.

Not sure what you want to merge. I have unlisted the older one, so it won't pop up in the browser anymore.

unicorn i guess
-- ghee hgt

That should work
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/pro_index

Is there a way to post a eurorack case to the Marketplace?
-- quantegy

You can only sell modules through the marketplace. That's a shortcoming of the system.
You have to be a MG member for three months to sell stuff and the amount of modules you can sell ist limited.
Selling stuff in the threads will shortcut those already minimal security features, so it is verboten.

1 year Unicorns, thank you all!

I announced the Unicorn Account last September 2014. That was an unrequested feature, obviously, but a necessary one. A lot of users chimed in and showed their support for the ModularGrid. With their hard earned cash, I am very grateful about that. That contribution allowed us to stay independent from investors and keep the platform as open as possible.

A glitch in the matrix

The standard account limits the amount of rack rows you can use. But there were many racks at the time which exceeded that limit already. Those racks could not be resized, but people could still add and arrange modules.

This caused two problems:

• there is a discrepancy in the code for racks created before and after Sept 04. I want to unify that and get rid of a zillion if and elses
  • it is unfair that new users have to pay for their large racks but the veterans even after a year can glitch through

The unpopular(?) fix

The solution I came up today is to let the old racks behave like the new ones, that is:
you cannot rearrange modules in big racks if you don't have a valid Unicorn Account.

I hope that is reasonable.

Is it possible to change the order of modules on a manufacturer page? eg: newer modules first?

not possible at the moment

Also a flag for "discontinued" on modules would be nice to indicate those which are no longer being made.
-- kisielk

that will come. production status is high priority ..

We introduced Unicorn Accounts one year ago.
Unicorn Account users now get a reminder in their message box, when their accounts are close to expire.

Nonetheless any manipulation of prices will set me on rage mode
-- modulargrid

That was a general statement, not directed at Holti.
Can we agree that all was a misunderstanding and no harm was done?

Genius. And nicely implemented as well. Great that it can be any row needed...
-- exper

Thanks! As always, I expect new bugs, so don't be shy to report..

Would be nice to get this better implemented as I suspect it's only going to grow in use soon.
-- exper

We have this now!
Multirow 1U support for Eurorack
Look here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/757

1U support for Eurorack

Look here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/757

Also: Layout of the module browser has changed a bit to better display 1U modules.

1U Tiles are those small Euro modules which pop up so often in the module browser lately and, if added, make your rack look ugly.

Not anymore!
Finally we have multi row 1U support for Eurorack!

• Click Edit Rack and check rows which should be displayed as 1U.
  • You can convert your existing rack to be partial 1U.
  • You can check multiple rows on any position.
  • You can still use the Optimize Rack Space function, 1U and 3U modules are optimized separately. The function is even recommend to "pre-sort" your mixed U rack.
  • If you add modules to the rack they should appear in the format adequate rows.
  • Most rack templates should look fine.
  • To search for 1U tiles check the checkbox in the module browsers advanced settings.
  • Everything should be backwards compatible, no need to reupload 1U modules.

This update is for everyone, another reason to not upgrade to unicorn, jeez..

ModularGrid Rack

Edit: 1U modules must be flagged in the database as such. Everyone can do this, so if you find an unflagged one please help.

That is no spam. That where some faceplates I guess the manufacturer didn't want to see on MG, so he uploaded default images to overwrite them. Modules are now unlisted.

Cases, PSU and Cables are also part (and most important) of Eurorack.

no doubt about that.

One thing that's easy to implement and would be also interesting in my opinions is to have a "Want to Buy / Looking to Buy" part that would allow users to ask for a module they want and someone do an offer. This would be MUCH WIN.

What you think :)?
-- AThousandDetails

you mean to add a generic module called Want to buy? That will look very makeshift but interesting idea... somebody already uploaded a wallet module :)
There will be some issues like it's not possible to search in offers and it will be easy to pollute the marketplace with random junk. Also the question if a Quasimidi Raven belongs to Euro or MU
Let me think that through, I am not sure if this idea is bad or genius...

Would love to see some additional searching options:
- Filter by odd hp only modules - mega useful for filling up gaps created by Harvestman, XAOC Poti, etc. :)
- More categories/tags for modules lumped together under 'effects' i.e. reverb, bitcrusher, etc.
- Filter by 'still manufactured'
- Filter by 'requires 5v'

-- jbox5

All good ideas, some of them like the still manufactured already in the pipeline.
I have added Reverb to the Tags, that was easy :) I don't think there should be too many tags, we should summarized them in a useful way...

A rack format for 1U tiles would be great!
Or a least enforcing a standard on how to upload them.
-- bj_gzp

Yeah, the way it is now really sucks. I really wanted to merge them into Euro, but that will not work. A 1U rack format would be easy, but I think people won't be happy with that for planning... 1U is always attached to Euro or am I wrong?

some modules contain USD price information approved by the manufacturer, but when EURO display is activated, the prices just get "converted" even though it's often impossible to get the module for that price
-- charonme

I see. The conversion only happens when no EUR is in the database. Problem is, when the module is approved only the manufacturer can change data. I will drop him a note...

For manic unicorn members like myself:
A rack counter, visible close to the "new rack" button
-- KNYST

Your wish is my command. Its's online.

Don't edit pages with bullshit prices in order to sell the module for more. You can ask whatever You want, but it costs a lot less than 5000 bucks or 320 euros (I'm looking at You Holti), around 200 usd/ 180 eur. Gosh, what a dickhead moves.

nice sounding module btw
-- Endorfinity

Frequeny Central lists the price for an assembled module to £210, which roughly translates to 290 €.
Waverider Digital VCO on Frequeny Central
To be fair, I don't see that Holti tries to sell it?

It should be clear that MG tracks all changes of specs open visible for everyone
Change Log

Nonetheless any manipulation of prices will set me on rage mode

Did some mini tweaks.
The marketplace template includes now a code snippet to embed images from photo sites like imgur.
Funny enough some guys already commented on that template photo.
http://imgur.com/gallery/j0kjuWv

an easy, duct-tape hack for you within the site architecture then would be to iframe this for us, two columns side by side

The mobile users won't like this, though...

How do we correct a mistake in a Manufacturer name?

Just report it in the Forum :)
I have fixed it, thanks.

Unlisted California Drain module. Besides other issues specs seems wrong.

Hello again everybody

Glad to be here

-- PERSONATOR

Welcome ... and crazy patch :)

Strange. I never noticed that. Thanks for reporting, I think I have fixed it.

Duplicate of https://www.modulargrid.net/e/music-thing-modular-mikrophonie-