In short: I request that ModularGrid admins unlock manufacturer-approved module pages when users discover, with publicly available evidence, that the manufacturer is defunct.

I have come across a few modules with editing privileges locked, accessible by the manufacturer only, for which I suspected that the manufacturer had discontinued or otherwise abandoned support. Rather than start a new thread for each manufacturer, I figure that it would be better to create a dedicated thread for reporting defunct manufacturers with module entries locked for their exclusive editing privileges.

Now onto the first case. I just came across this particularly egregious instance. It seems Birdkids is now defunct, and has been since at least December of 2022. I point to this article to support this conclusion: https://synthanatomy.com/2022/12/birdkids-viennese-modular-synth-company-is-insolvent.html#:~:text=Unfortunately%2C%20we%20have%20to%20say,at%20the%20beginning%20of%20December.

Many modules of Birdkids provenance have entries that are locked under manufacturer-approved editing privileges. It behooves ModularGrid to unlock these module entries for editing by users at large.

I agree to the extent of allow users to request the 'availability' status be changed through some process. Nothing worse than the elation of finding a keystone module listed as currently available being turned to despair after finding a parked domain and astronomical prices on reverb.