Hi, so Ive gone for a batumi and the AWM-3 hopefully this will give me a flexible and lush sounding set up. Any ideas on what I might be missing?

Hi, I’m expanding to 9u and I need some advice. The top 2 rows are my current set up and the bottom row is my wish list.

AWM-3 I have a few voices which I wanna add interest to. Plus I want to mix VCOs together in nice smooth analogue chords. Any thoughts on this?

Batumi LFO. The lovely Molten modular man says he uses it to modulate everything, where as I have rather limited LFOness ATM. Any thoughts on this?

Thread: 104HP 6U

So I guess an alternative could be a tip-top studio bus or 2?

Trogotronic looks great, but unfortunately I'm in the UK and no one seems to stock these. I wonder if there is a comparable European thing ?

So it looks like I'll eventually need more power than a single uZeus. I'm thinking of going maximum 9U at 84HP. What's a good plan. After my research I'm thinking 4MS Row Power 40 daisy chained to a Row Power 30 and selling my uZeus. Anyone got any other solutions that are good value for money?

Thanks Folks
The Synthrotek buffered mult seems to be good for the amount of HP. I think i'm gonna do some selling and re-evaluating as I feel I've got some modules that have different modes so they cant do stuff at the same time. I'm gonna downsize my Doepfer A111-2 to an A111-3, (its basically the same for what I use it for) and add a Doepfer A118 Noise and random. I'm thinking about getting a Batumi to modulate everything, and a Maths, primarily because i want more envelopes, but also because I keep being told im missing out if I don't get one (Hmmmm)

Also, I think I'm gonna ditch my Doepfer VCAs for another Veils as I find the mixing functions more useful. I was wondering if the Intelligel quad VCA would be better but I cant really see much difference...?

Any thoughts much appreciated

Resonator: do you mean like a BBD? Flanger, phaser type things?

Hi,
So this is where I'm at so far. I have ES8 controlling the oscillators. It works. I can create melodic textures and have some nice ways of modifying them, which is what I wanted... But what am I missing? Any ideas?

I think what I need is a Mutant Brain: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/hexinverter-Electronique-mutant-brain
Sadly not out yet!

Ah yes, thanks you're right, I've got a Focusrite Scarlet 6i6 which is AC.
So now i'm looking at a whole world of other possibilities... I have an SPDIF output. I could get a cheap USB to ADAT and use an ES-3. OR. Get a MIDI to CV. I may just ask a general question about this as i'm not quite getting the answers from the copious threads i've read...

I basically would like to use the DAW to play out simple compositions which I can fiddle around with on the rack. I guess my priority is that eventually id like to have a few voices controllable through midi...

Hey, thanks yeah I’m hoping to use expert sleepers “Silent way” from logic out of my audio interface. If I can’t get that to work then midi control yeah, maybe an Intellijel umidi? I’m wondering about swapping out the stereo mixer for a Doepfer A-135-1 quad vca? Might be a better bet?

T

Thanks cg_funk

I was hoping I could use the Doepfer a101-2 as a via or in dual mode for the moment? Do you recon I’m gonna need another V&A too? I kinda got tides instead of shelling out on a maths. I also like the way you can get an extra voice from it, which I thought would be good in a small set up. Que get a maths comments...

Thanks cg_funk

I was hoping I could use the Doepfer a101-2 as a via or in dual mode for the moment? Do you recon I’m gonna need another V&A too? I kinda got tides instead of shelling out on a maths. I also like the way you can get an extra voice from it, which I thought would be good in a small set up. Que get a maths comments...

How’s this for a starting point? I went Doepfer for affordable and trusted and mutable instruments for versitility and sound generation. I don’t have any effects yet, I thought I’d master this first. What you think? Am I missing or could have done similar cheaper / better?