Hello!
I am new to modular, just got my first case (TipTop Mantis) and trying to put together a synth to pair with my Moog Matriarch and Push 3 to make glitchy beats with. Planning on using the 4 CV outs from the Push for sequencing from Ableton. Roast away tbh, this is all very expensive and I'd rather hear it before I buy. I am also curious which modules I should buy first because I have to aquire the modules over time, I can't invest all at once.

ModularGrid Rack
(idk why the link shows as an older version of the rack)

The benefit of adding to a semi-modular synth is that you've already got a solid base to start from. In this sense, you're not too limited by order of module purchase. The main thing I would say is to just focus on what you want the most in here and then space out the voice/effects purchases as much as possible so you've always got a good balance of sounds to modulation/utilities. Pam's is an obvious pick for one of the first modules, since it is a compact way to explore a lot of this stuff and will help organize future purchases. Same with the Quad VCA, which you will find immediate use for (especially as a way of manipulating modulation from Pam's in a tactice way).

Second getting a Pam's early. After that... it may just depend on personal preferece/information... like do you have other voices/drums/samplers (ie. drum machine/computer/another synth) already?

point is... as someone who also 'extends into modular' from Ableton, you don't have to feel guilty about relying on other formats for some duties. modular/eurorack is incredibly flexible, but it can also be a bit like biting off more than you want to chew. looking for things that speak in the same langues (v/oct and/or 24 or 48 ppq) clock may be a more gratifying, and cheaper experience....

Personal thoughts... Consider dropping the Data (and any other module you don't KNOW you want) and get an ES-8 or ES-9. I have a Data, but can count on my finders and toes the times Ive needed to use it. eith and es8/es9, you can visualize/tune just fine on a bigger/better screen. I like using my ears though. The markets for eurorack are still strong, but not what they were a year+ ago. An es8/9 will let you interface with a daw (and its plugins) and/or VCV Rack for pretty much any module/effect already out there. If you are dead-set on not being leashed to a PC, i understand... just throwing out some scraps for thought.. 808s/909s are a dime-a-dozen and ableton isnt short on drum samples libraries. a digital sample/effect is a digital sample/effect after all... you could even get a Receive 2 if you just want to bring things into modular for whatever reason -- ie. running into data bender.

all that to say... I love the picks of Pam's, RND Step, Plaits, Data Bender, and Quad VCA. Thats not a knock the other modules, but if you already have some of this stuff in hardware, ableton or vsts, consider holding off on modules that duplicate those functions. your wallet will thank you