Hi everyone,
I am starting to build my rack and - since I am a beginner - I have some doubts about the right signal path.
My VCO is the Make Noise DPO and it does not have a gate-trigger in.
How can I control the gate? Currently - as shown in the pic - I am sending the gate from the sequencer to the Maths and from the Maths I go into the CV of the VCA.
Another question: where is the best place to insert the filter?
Thanks in advance!

looks right to me

sound source -> signal in of vca, envelope -> cv in of vca, vca out to monitors (or wherever - mixere, processing etc)

nb I use signal in because vcas can also be used for cv and not just audio - modulate your modulation

a filter can go before or after the vca... whichever way sounds best for you in the current patch...

this is generally the concept of modular... generate a signal, do something to it, send it somewhere - try not to mix cv into the audio path (it's possible to damage speakers), apply modulation to things

see my signature for hints on how to get the most versatility in patching for the least expense

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi, thanks for the info!

a filter can go before or after the vca... whichever way sounds best for you in the current patch...

-- JimHowell1970

If you are using a filter when its self-oscilating the VCA is best after the Filter so you can shut off the notes.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Thanks, I will try it!