I want to add a second voice to my skiff, any recommendations? Sequencing and FX are handled externally.

What are u trying to achieve with an other voice?
How are u going to play the voice? What kind of modulation u intend to use?
Squeezing another voice in 28 hp is a challenge imho.
Maybe something like oxi coral if u are willing to use midi.
Wouldn't u be better of getting some more modulation, fiters, saturation, folders and/or effects?
I'd start with that to complement the M32.
Later u could add a new voice and put the M32 back in its own skiff.

What are u trying to achieve with an other voice?
How are u going to play the voice? What kind of modulation u intend to use?
Squeezing another voice in 28 hp is a challenge imho.
Maybe something like oxi coral if u are willing to use midi.
Wouldn't u be better of getting some more modulation, fiters, saturation, folders and/or effects?
I'd start with that to complement the M32.
Later u could add a new voice and put the M32 back in its own skiff.

-- Chrissozz

I'm more interested in "stand alone" type voice modules than building out a voice across several modules. The Oxi Coral looks interesting, especially since I am sequencing the rack w/ midi (NDLR). I have a couple LFOs in the rack, plus those the NDLR can send via the midi->CV converter in the niftycase, so I'm not desperate for modulation sources.

I'm also considering grabbing an intellijel shifty to do some note hocketing between the two voices (splitting a single melody line), and perhaps a 2hp Euclid to send gate patterns to the shifty...

just pointing out that if you got a plasma voice by gamechanger you would have another 12hp to work with. ... ...

never used it myself, but it looks nifty and i think it might even compliment the moog well, if you think its sound suits your purpose.

i just like playing around on this site. i am not an expert. you know you can search on here by exact size, right? in case just the perfect thing is there to be found that im too lazy to search myself.

peace out.

A Disting EX. You'll never get bored, you'll have multiple ways of playing polyphony and you'll have tons of space and tools to do other stuff as well. Get it even if you still get the Coral.

Plaits! Plaits turned out to be the correct answer.

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2453630.jpg

This is what I'm currently working towards! I've been using the ZOIA pedal for quite some time and absolutely love it, and am trying to finally acquire a Euroburo to pair with Mavis.

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2453630.jpg

This is what I'm currently working towards! I've been using the ZOIA pedal for quite some time and absolutely love it, and am trying to finally acquire a Euroburo to pair with Mavis.
-- liamodellbass

Very cool! I like your style.

There is a used XOH up on the 'verb for sale, just FYI

I already got an XOH on the way, last thing to secure is the Euroburo. I'll potentially have the full set by the end of the week if this trade-in I have in mind goes well. I'm excited, it'll be a very fun skiff to take with me on my summer vacations!

Plaits is a great choice. You might also look into ALM Cizzle for some dancy FM. That all said, why eurorack? Why not swap the nifty case for a keystep (pro) and keep it semi-modular?

A pretty sounding and low-hp module is the 2hp pluck.
It's 4 note polyphonic, has an interesting range of tones, and leaves you lots of rack room.
They are always a pain to tune because of the fiddly knobs and 2hp stuff is kinda cheap because they're cheap.
More than three 2hp modules in a rack is rarely worth suffering with their fit and control.

But... feeding it into mavis' external in can make for some astonishingly beautiful arpeggios.
Two plucks together is also nice. For tonal variety, add a 2hp bell.
The 3 together have provided me some "wow" moments where you have to just stop, listen, and smile.
cornishe_excerpt This is Pamela's Pro Workout -> A-156 QNT ->PluckPluckBell + Mavis into a Monsoon to stereo out.

Add a Doepfer A-138 narrow mixer to corral them, or you could add a Doepfer A-138s mini stereo mixer.
You'll also need a mult of some sort. The Doepfer A-182-1 stitchable mult
works great for this, adds 6hp more, and so now with pluck/pluck/bell/mixer/mult, we're still only
at 16 hp added and you've got lots of added fun.

I only wish that someone would make a unified PluckPluckBell with less twitchy tuning.