Yeah, it really does sound like it’s folding waves now and then. Not just distorting them.

Is there a crazier filter?

I made a boob’s demo video of the DIRT Filter.

Thanks for the insight, guys! I guess I'll have to start cheating.

Lugia: Euphony IV sounds lovely.

If anybody would like to try out the twelve-tone technique but feels that reading music theory is boring there's a simple shortcut.

The whole idea is that you create a row with all the twelve chromatic notes. One of each, so the row will be twelve notes long and has to be performed from start to finish before the next row can start. There are some mathematical variations you are allowed to do. Put your row into this tool and you get all the variations: https://www.musictheory.net/calculators/matrix (from left to right, from right to left, from the top to the bottom or from the bottom to the top).

Besides the aforementioned rules you are allowed to do whatever you want to the row. Instrumentation, rhythm, note length and octave is up to you.

I used the Buchla Music Easel drum pack made by 101 Things I Do. I love that pack, if I disregard the file names and what they suggest that the sounds supposedly are mimicking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxrQncJUJ4YDeWwzSWwxdmstV1k/view

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

A friend challenged me to make use of my Mbira (thumb piano) that I got 10 years ago in San Francisco so that’s in there too.

An attempt to adapt the twelve-tone technique to an electronic track.

Very simple patch. Xaoc Batumi as an oscillator fed random, quantized voltages and going through Three Sisters that has all the parameters modulated by Batumi and then some reverb. Turned out nice, I felt, on my back on the living room floor. So I recorded it.

Nice references! Thanks!

Slightly reminiscent of the (Chris) Clark track "Lord of the Dance", if anybody remembers that?

Modular funtime! Mainly based on the Rings easter egg (love that formant filter) and Warps. Korg Electribe 2 are on drums, Minilogue on bass and Fabfilter Twin 2 makes the melodies that enter after a while.

I sent of a bunch of modular sounds to Viktor Pilkington who patched some of them together and added his lovely brand of reverbed atmosphere and vocals to make this ambient pop track. Enjoy!

Thread: patch rite

Plaits, Rings, René, DPO, Maths, Arpitecht, Pico Voice, PNW, HN VCF, Spore Generator, Mangrove, Batumi, Tallin, Roboto and TR-8 to be precise.

Laid-back, insanely hectic, monotonous and melodic. Modular and TR-8S.

The last tag bump! Plastic fantastic!

ghetto drip

Um, with a module like the Morphagene you can do crazy stuff. Start experimenting!

Thanks! I’m using that long 808-kick on almost everything lately. This is one of the exceptions.

Oh yes! Get a grip, Ghetto Drip.

get a grip

Ghetto dance!

ghetto drip

All of the sounds come from one take of the Make Noise DPO and Roland TR-8S.

Like a Befaco Rampage on steroids but with a hefty discount on the price. Very good!

Thanks! Very nice of you both to take the time.

T.HANKS

Intense, dark, drone ambient. Sonically portraying the ghouly woods around Kottla lake.

Ah, only if I use a computer?

I must be blind. I can’t find the rating function for any module. Where is it?

Nice! Is the uScale mainly for the TM? Might be better to get a Disting then. Disting has a TM-algorithm with built in quantization and can do like 70 other things too.

I'm not sure what the Maths is for since you don't have much CV to mix in this rack? Envelopes and LFOs? If that's the case then there are other, less hp-consuming options.

If a price is wrong and added by a normal user of this site it can be changed, so that's a good thing. But what should be done when the makers are adding modules with incorrect quotes? Example: Erica Synths post all of their modules excluding "21% VAT".

Yeah..

Do you guys know about the Una Corda?

Una Corda

A fantastic, odd piano with a sound to die for. If you want to go with a pure hardware setup you can get one for no more than 14 000€ + VAT.

I worked like a b*tch to get this one just right.

Any comments are welcome. Send me some love or offend me deeply, I'll take it any way it comes.

Nice, dreamy bells Synnic!

And Lugia, wow! This is a full on live set for an art museum och a similar venue. Creeping evolution, restrained, strong. Very impressive!

Thanks!

The problem is one I've dealt with at points over the past 40-ish years. It came up at the very beginning of my early 'garage-level' experiments in trying to concoct something that was both irritating AND listenable enough that the listener would experience the irritation...which is definitely a paradox!

Definitely and definitely a desirable goal to me. More so when I was younger, I'm a bit more mellow nowadays, but it still seeps through.

Many thanks for your thoughts on this!

thanks

Interesting thoughts too. I take them to heart. I can't help feeling that you disagree with the concept of the track, though. If I made it longer, less monotonous in each section but less hectic overall, retracted the tape stops and breaks a bit and beefed up the bass.. it would be a veery different track, wouldn't it?

Got some well deserved critique regarding the mixing.

A new version has now replaced the old one in the first post. Does it sound nice?

The first track this year from yours truly. Faster and shorter than my usual modus. Banging?

Great love to anyone who takes a listen and even more so to those of you that take the time to comment, irregardless of whether you like it or hate it.

Riff by Monomachine and melody by Dark Energy.

The sound of a feverish subway ride.

It depends on your musical goals and what other integratable gear you have. I could tell you what I'd get but that's not very interesting to you, I imagine.

Feedback on what?

Except for the bass drum, hihat and piano all the sounds originate from Audio Damage's Phosphor. An orgy in digital sound.

You’ll want to hear this.

Any comments, loving or heinous, will be deeply appreciated.

Seems to be a forté among modular users. I tried my first generative patch the other day and it was rather fun! Post your best generative patch.

For the nerds: The base line is performed by René (sislte ❤️ René) and the sound is clarinet waveforms run by the Disting wavetable algorithm through Erica VCF1 (Polivoks style filter). Wiggled live, for your pleasure.

Dirty, lofi modular bassline and drum track ❤️ cello. I hope you like it. If you don't I'm still glad you listened. It's all good.

Thank you so much!

It’s time to reveal the truth:

Akai Tom Cat

Everybody seems to hate it, possibly because they connect it to the Rhythm Wolf. However, it’s cheap, full size, analog, has its own sound and quirks. Future classic? I don’t know, but I’m betting it will cost more used 10 years from now than it costs new today.

Last clue: the bassline is also made with the same drum machine.