Mother 32
Phonogene
Maths
Woggle Bug
Circuit Bent VCO
Pico VCO
Clouds
Pico DSP

Sounds like a cool module that is right up my alley. Could you simply revise the first option and go with the third, while incorporating the off-set knob from the second option? That is, when turned on, quantizing all notes, but with an off-set knob to deviate after full quantization has taken place? It seems like it would have better applications for live performance this way. Either way, I would love to see some video of the module.

DR-670 Drum Machine
BeatStep Pro
Mother 32
Phonogene
Maths
Woggle Bug
Circuit Bent VCO
Pico VCO
Clouds
Pico DSP

I would have to respectfully disagree. IMO, running a site is not simply about building an environment where people can interact as they please; that is, if I can get away with it, then it is fair game. One would imagine that the site operator would create an environment where people would want to come visit and feel secure exchanging money and items. Mandating secure exchanges between users does not in anyway make ModularGrid liable for outcomes. In fact, providing a safe haven for con-artists and then throwing up your hands because the careless buyer did not see the con coming is far more legally hazardous. This is not about being a good or bad netizen either; it is about commerce and growing/maintaining a site. More buyers and sellers will participate in the market if there are protections in place–protections that ModularGrid has no role in providing or enforcing, which decreases the work load entailed in responding to user complaints, while potentially increasing traffic. PayPal and other services have provided an infrastructure to avoid these problems, and it is a solution that decreases rather than increases a buyer's risk, and decreases rather than increases the site's need to attend to these issues. A solution to a con that says, "Treat buyer's like adults and demand they be more discerning," is a solution with an unacceptable fail rate. If the site operator wants to limit rip-off artists from setting up camp in their market, requiring accountability is the way to go. Don't get me wrong, I am totally fine with things as they are. I've never had an issue, but if things are left as they are, then the site operator will continue to field emails and messages about the thieves and bad actors in our midst. If the this thread's purpose was to discuss changes to the status quo, then there is a solution.

Would it be possible to simply require commercial payment via PayPal or other services that allow arbitration through their infrastructure so you do not have to deal with it and we can have confidence in our purchase? If someone is unwilling to sell via a commercial account, perhaps their listing is too risky for everyone involved. I have purchased via the market place and did not have an issue, but I paid via the PayPal business option.

-FF

I found the solution. There is a three pin header on the pcb near the Orig. knob that ought to have a pin jumper connecting two of the three pins to either 1) force a square wave on the incoming signal or 2) pass the original signal through. The jumper was missing from my module when it arrived. Without the jumper between the pins, the signal will not be controlled by the Orig. knob. I contacted the manufacturer and he suggested I take a jumper from a two pin header located behind the F/4 knob, which controls the AC/DC output. This jumper is not necessary for audio performance so I just slipped the jumper off the two pin header and used it on the three pin header as a work around. They are going to send me a replacement. Thanks for looking into it.

-FF

Dear Synthesists,

I recently acquired a Doepfer A-115 Audio Divider. The four frequency sub-dividers work wonderfully, however the original attenuator seems to do nothing. Is there something I am missing? If all other knobs are "off" and the "Orig." is on, shouldn't there be a sound? If all other attenuators are producing sound, and I turn up the "Orig." knob, shouldn't I be hearing an effect on the signal?

Thanks for any help.
FF

Thanks, that is the new task before me, learning how to push a code onto the chip. I'm going to YouTube school to learn, but if you have any suggestions to learn, big thanks.

Turns out I was correct, the module is protected from reverse voltage but not over-voltage. I'll buy a new chip.

When putting together my distribution board, I stupidly swapped the +5v (top right) and the +12v (top left) in the molex wire terminals. When I fired it up, the board "worked." My Make Noise modules were fine, but the Στοιχεῖα (Rebel Technology Euclidean Sequencer) stopped affecting CV. The center top LED still lights, but the lower two shutter on and off, if they light at all, and the euclidean sequence does not occur. The knobs have zero effect. So, I think the Atmega 168 chip has been damaged. It has an intake limit of +6v, so if it was fed +12v, then, "Houston, we have a problem." Am I on the right track here? Or is there something else these symptoms suggests? I could just swap out the chip, right? The Make Noise modules are protected. I have rewired my board and now all is well, but I really like the Rebel module, so I hope to revive it.

Thanks for any advice.
FF