@ParanormalPatroler i have forseen a way to do it as the sync input is capable of serial midi decoding. But it is not yet implemented. So i can implement it later adding a (midi voices mode) yes.

@Ziqal so there is no way to control the different voices separately other than the on-board chord options? Man, that's a big deal-breaker, at least for me. I'd be ok with just MIDI pins on the back, there are passive workarounds. It's too bad I wasn't aware of this design earlier, I would've pitched the idea to you when the PCB was still in design.

Looking forward to more demos I guess.

@lugia
also the module output is stereo so why would you need 24 filter or VCA you only need two :)
The 24 voices unison are also pannable on L/R outputs ( yes CV controlable )

Hello,

@lugia

the module is not suppose to offer full polyphony with splited output. It is made to generate complexe timbers based on Serum formats wavetable. A TFT miniature full color display is on the module so i can garanty you ll be aware of what is going on through it's interface. (More demo/reviews are coming)

The module bring a lot of digital processing power in 10Hp and play high resolution wavetables "2048 samples per waveforms, this bring a whole new range of sonic texture. (The only module yet that do it is the 1v/oct one) And philosophy is very different. Voices a made to produce very fat stereo unison or/and chord (1voices chords)

So the chord mode is realy not the thing the module offer the best...

So the module is a on steroid oscillator, not a ensemble oscillators. Also the module allow morphing between 25 differents wavetables of 256 waveforms. It make 6400 waveformes availables in CV. I think it is unique

Tanks for your feedback, i definitvely have to add our location on the website.

We are from Belgium

Not sure if this is on your radar yet or not: Future Sound Systems pin matrix, it's even 20% off currently at Perfect Circuit: https://www.perfectcircuit.com/fss-mtx9a.html

@GarfieldModular, this demo sounds great! Thanks for posting .... $#@&, now I want one of these!

Thanks @77or88, I had no idea those trogotronic cases existed! They look pretty badass and roadworthy.

Do you fly with your m202? If so do you pack it in something with more padding or take it as is? I cringe some at the thought of a fine instrument being handled by airport luggage handling.

question for @mog00 and anyone else using pedals, how are you integrating these into your Eurorack setup and/or broader setup? I love pedals too, but haven't yet integrated them in my Eurorack chain and/or DAW chain, it would be great to make that linkage.

https://www.trogotronic.com/product-category/cases/

I have the m202 and it travels amazingly well.

I think the one thing about clouds ( haven’t tried beads) is that it does seem to take some work to get the most out of it, though sometimes I just use it for the reverb. I have had some success with the parasites firmware if you have it you might want to give that a go the resonator is nice and the additional miverb mode is also worth a go.

I love all effects the more the merrier, I love pedals

Pedals,
Chase Bliss moods
Walrus Julianna
Fairchild Shallow Water
Death by audio Rooms

Euro
FX aid XL
Desmodus stereo reverb
Ruina stereo distortion
Uburst (clouds clone)

On my watch list
Mimephone
Vermona Retroverb Lancet spring reverb

Mix and match with bored brains intrfx

All good depending on the patch all provide endless sound design and cross patching.

Hi folks,

As my modular journey continues, I am thinking about a mobile-friendly rig, particularly one that would also be flight friendly

IMO a flight friendly case might include:
-- a case designed for flights / shipping, and/or
-- a case that will fit well in a suitcase for flights / shipping, and/or
-- a case that fits inside a dedicated flight container

My ideal flight friendly Eurorack case would be:
-- significant HP: over 200HP and ideally over 300HP
-- not crazy heavy or a pain to handle / move / carry. I realize HP capacity, flight protection, and weight are likely tradeoffs

Any ideas / recommendations?

I'm thinking my Eurorack setup is going to become more central to my music, and I'd love to have my rig be a travel friendly instrument.

Thanks everyone!

Wow, all these comments came in and I didn't get any notices about it! Well thanks for the input, I'll be digging into comments / suggestions above more soon.

Any further ideas are of course welcomed!

There'll be a point at which the Lehle will start blocking the signal until, by the time you're at DC, it won't pass anything. And actually, the DC on outputs thing with the 2600 goes back to the beginning, as ARP figured that if you wanted to use the 2600 for something of a complex modulation source, you'll need those to be DC-coupled. Smart...but a tad annoying.

Now, how that "stereo" crossfader gets used is interesting. One method is to use it to send a rather complex patch to either the left or right, this then leaves the opposite external output free for routing a lead line. You can also use the stereo out inputs in conjunction with the electronic switch, to create something that abruptly flicks from left to right and back. And so on...like pretty much the entire unit, there's stuff you can explore for weeks at a time and STILL only scratch the surface.

Hi Lugia,

Thanks a lot for the additional information, much appreciated! :-) Yeah the LFO and also the S&H possibilities I have to check further, I had at one time some kind of interesting rhythm out of that, on the other hand I feel it's pretty difficult to get that nicely under control meaning that one still can listen (pleasantly) to the sound, quite a challenge ;-)

Stupid question perhaps but I really don't want to blow or even damage my monitors, with that DC filter in place and let's say really going (far) below the 20 or 30 Hz line, are you sure that's not going to harm the monitors in any way? I don't have money left to get a new pair ;-) I guess keeping the gain at a reasonable mild level should help protecting them?

I am abroad now but once back into my basement studio, I will check it out and experiment a bit more with that, thanks a lot! Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

I've got a few FX modules in synths...

The B.2600 has the digital reverb, although I've heard that there's some potential mods for the FX chip.
My AE system has several: phaser, mid-fi delay, two spring reverbs (with different tanks) and their take on the Spin FV-1.
The Digisound has their BBD-based reverb.
Then there's all of the various widgets that are part of the Field Kit and Field Kit FX.
The modular setup here also has its own 1/4" patchbay for routing and the like, but this also gives access to a Korg SDD3300 (triple delay line unit) and a Zoom 9120, plus four channels of Symetrix gates.

As for the rest of the FX...I ain't gonna type THAT out. There's about 100+ U of very filled processor racks here.

Not only do the VCOs go below 30 Hz, you actually have a pitch continuum right on through the LFO settings. After switching to LFO from OSC, run the COARSE tuning up to where it matches (more or less) what you had at the bottom of the OSC mode...then head for the basement! This is super-useful, btw...the ability to sort out scalar intervals in the subsonic and modulation ranges simply by using the keyboard is something majorly important. Ever since Stockhausen's "Kontakte" and the "magic moment" in it where he shows how the scalar continuum extends across the pitch - rhythm gap and then can even make SLOWER "pitches" in the periodic ranges by using the individual pulses to ping a filter, having the ability to simply PLAY that continuum was (and kinda still is!) a big deal.

Hi @Ziqal, do you have any plans of adding a TRS MIDI input or an expansion, even via pins on the back, in order to take advantage of the 24 voice polyphony fully? Preset chords isn't going to cut it, that's why I'm asking.
-- ParanormalPatroler

Hi, this is not planned for this version of the module.

-- Ziqal

That's probably going to be a problem, then. It's all well and good to have 24 oscillators under a single control, but if this is supposed to truly be polyphonic (paraphonic, actually...who's going to have 24 identical VCFs for that, plus the module doesn't have 24 discrete outputs), it has to do MUCH MORE than preset chord noodling.

I also don't see any way to blow the Serum wavetables into the module aside of putting them on an SD and then loading from that. Nothing particularly novel about that.

This strikes me as being rather vapor-ish. For one thing, where's Ziqal located? I didn't see that info anywhere on the website, even on the order and "about" pages. If I'm going to drop some moolah on a module, I might also want to know where it'll be shipped from so that I can roughly determine how long shipping will take. This also doesn't seem to be designed for the claimed 24-voice polyphony. The panel doesn't show any way to determine chords, nor any way to change them through simply adding a few switches to implement added notes and then having a clearly-obvious chordal table (clearly obvious because live gigs often happen at darkly-lit venues, and you NEED to be able to see what you're doing) for quick chordal switching. Have a look at this: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/qu-bit-electronix-chord-v2 Now, with that, the chordal switching and results are CLEARLY available to the user, and the module clearly has the necessary circuitry needed to address the module's polyphony, down to individual outs for the chordal pitches. It can easily handle inversions, extracts lead lines, shows the chord's modal structure, and the like.

In short, you guys might want to go back to the drawing board on this. Sorry to say, but compared to Qu-bit's and other polyVCO offerings, this isn't going to cut it.

Hi TumeniKnobs, Farkas and Lugia,

Thank you very much, much honoured by your comments :-)

Yeah, it's indeed a bit pity that it got a Behringer logo on it, otherwise it's a great instrument. It's kind of addictive, once I start to play with it I just can't stop any more, keep on having fun with it, trying to get the most out of that filter and it provides me at certain times a bit that kind of old-days-JM-Jarre feeling, great, I love it!

Lugia, I am glad I followed up on your advice, I bought together with this 2600 that Lehle DC filter, so the stereo output (bit of a fake stereo isn't it? Or do I miss there something other than that pan slider?) goes into the stereo (!) Lehle DC filter input and the stereo Lehle DC filter output goes then to the mixer. Makes me sleep better at night and while playing I am a bit less worried about smoking up my new monitors, still the 2600 can do scary things that I sometimes feel quite pity for my monitors that they have to handle such signals ;-)

The 2600 does go under 30 or likely even under 20 Hz if you let it go! I can't see the details on my graphical EQ on the mixer, because it just dives too deep. The above track is best to be listened on a pair of good monitors and subwoofer(s). On my HiFi installation it doesn't sound as powerful and clear as on my monitors. I guess that tells me something about the "quality" of my HiFi installation ;-)

Thanks a lot for listening and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

And if you're NOT up for lugging the modular around to gigs, then you might find THIS useful: https://www.addacsystem.com/en/products/frames-and-power/addac901m-monster-frames/addac901m-21u-monster-frame

As a fixed setup, it doesn't get hardly any better than this. Crazy-stoopid depths for super-deep modules, HUGE power capabilities (20 AMPS!) and even with shipping from Lisbon, it'll still come in cheaper than the 4-row Doepfer Monster. They also have a somewhat more sane 15U @ 197 hp cab, plus you can also get a 2U double rack "crown" which would be pretty useful for housing a pile of tiles...both Intellijel AND Pulplogic, depending on what tile frames you use.

Hi Gumbo23,

This is a beautiful, calm and lovely ambient track. Just what I need after a day of hard work!

Thank you very much for sharing this with us, you saved my day :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

Tearin' up, yep! Exactly what you'd expect from a 2600 in the right hands. I had much the same reaction to my "Xmas Tree" model...the form factor kept reminding me that this was a NEW synth, but I swear that it sounds like you'd expect a pretty new "Orange" to sound back at the end of the 1970s. Until, of course, you flip the filter over to the rev.2 4012...yow!!!

Frankly, the sole problem I've had with my Behringer 2600 is that word right there: Behringer. I (and others) would feel better about this if Tribe would just find a way to get Uli to behave and not steal things (coughcoughPlaitscough).

Excellent comment Sweelinck!

Or just go with a MIDI -> clock interface. One that I'd suggest would be Ladik's M-221...it's got an onboard clock divider as well as various gate/trigger functions for when the interface receives transport control signals. Plus, it's a whopping $80!

4th Iteration

ModularGrid Rack

optional and mostly-not-available alternate-colour front panels are gone. Doesn't look quite as pretty but.... whatevs.

I swapped a mult and an extraneous VCA for a Prap Tools distro module with some hitherto missing functionality. As well as multiply, it combines. Handy!

I swapped the CP3 mixer for another more flexible option. It can function as an effects send among other things. Its big and might be overkill. What to peeps think? The Nano mixer is designed for clean and transparent sound - quite the opposite to the CP3. However....

The bonkers looking thing next to the Nano mixer is my solution to the lack of a stereo filter for the 2nd bus. It's a stereo multimode filter with feedback delay and tube distortion. In the one Youtube demo I can find, it sounds really rathergood.com. What I'm concerned about is whether it's appropriate for this rig. Has anyone used or owned this module? How does the filter work? Can if function as a boring old HP/LP filter if needs be? Or is it all bonkers all the time?

Is there anything fundamental missing here?

this user has left ModularGrid

agree on getting the poti expander for Batumi it really adds lots of options for modulation. Batumi is fantastic one of my favorite LFOs.

shifty will not give you paraphony!!! it is a shift register - 1 cv and 1 gate in, for example, when the gate goes high and there are no notes in the system the note will be sent to output 1, when the gate goes high again the original note will be moved to output 2 and the new note (whatever is at the cv input) will be sent to output 1, when the gate goes high again the original note will be sent to output 3 etc

the last iteration looks better - I think it's a really good idea to ditch the paraphony at least in a 1st case - in order to reduce complexity - if you still want polyphony/paraphony then you may find a digital polyphonic keyboard works quite well alongside a modular

dtm (which you keep calling by it's old name before moog sued - cp3) is a mixer not a filter

I don't think it's a great idea to think in such rigid terms about what things do... rings has some great bass tones in it... and I'm sure those instruo modules can do some nice leads!

if you are going to use a keytep pro as your primary 'way to play' then you might find you don't need a midi->cv module...

I'd go slowly though and pick 4 or 5 of the modules that you think would play well together and get those to start with adn learn them inside out before getting anymore - you will probably change 30%+ of what you have here once you

-- JimHowell1970

Ha - I reread what I typed. I really did mean 'mixer' not 'filter.' I might be a bit daft but I'm not an irretrievable moron :-D

regarding the Shifty. I read somewhere (don't ask me where) that Shifty could be used as for voice allocation, which with judicious patching could be made to approximate paraphonic playing. However, following discussion with others I dropped the idea because it was just too much of a pain.

Yes - rigid thinking + modular = a bit pointless. My description for the last iteration was to give some context to my decisions on module choice for the benefit of others. As a starting point I think that's valid but am in complete agreement with you. The whole reason I started down this modular rabbit hole was to explore creative free form patching for idea generation. I reckon this system is heading in the right direction for that purpose. Its price tag - around £5000 - is pretty compelling in my view too. I think you'd struggle to replicate what's in this box with regular hardware for the same money and still have the flexibility/compactness. Correct me if I'm wrong on that :-P

4th iteration incoming :-)

Hi all, rookie here, hoping someone could help me out and eyeball the below!

ModularGrid Rack

I'm looking to build something in 6U / 104hp that will let me do some sample mangling and (analog) west coast synthesis; sound design for individual parts in DAW projects; and be decent for live performance. I already have a Keystep Pro to use as a sequencer and a Babyface Pro to use as an interface. As a no-budget exercise, does this look like a sensible build? Anything major missing as far as utilities and usability?

The main modules I'm excited about are the Verbos Complex Oscillator, Beads, Salmple and Data Bender. Was also happy that I had space to shoehorn some chiptune oscs in there, and Blades seems like so much fun (though there are a lot of filter options that have me conflicted, mainly QPAS). Musically I'm all over the place -- it's a big ask for the space constraint but I'd like to be able to make everything from Caterina Barbieri-style minimal synth to blown-out experimental hip-hop, and I can imagine doing that with the build I've got going here.

Hiya Garfield,

Ah that's great. I hope you enjoyed your holiday! No worries about time to reply, but I'm glad you found it!

The effect at 5:16 is the minibrute's LFO being applied to the filter cutoff (the LFO is tempo-synced and I think this was the triangle). Yes that's the onboard filter of the Minibrute 2s. It's got a really lovely sound. Then adjusting the LFO rate to get some vari-speed wub wubs :)

I've been exploring different genres, and did a more ambient livestream recently. I'm still getting to know my modular rig, and I've always liked working in a range of tempos and style from slow to fast and inbetween. Dub does have a special place in my heart though, so I'm sure there will be more when the mood strikes. Thanks as always for listening!
All best, Ryan

If you can afford it get a Doepfer Monster case. I have mine half full and plan to buy another one. They have tons of space for larger modules, case covers and handles and solid power supplies for hungry modules. Plus you can stack and connect them as you grow. When I started, I had a Doepfer A100 Basic system that was half full of Doepfer A100 modules and 6U case that I quickly outgrew. Getting a monster Doepfer case was a great decision for me as I love modular and bought a ton of modules in the past year.

Mimeophon and Happy Nerding FX Aid are my favorite effects modules in my setups. Powerful and sound incredible.
I can get amazing textures that range from basic delays to warped drones from space.

Hi @Ziqal, do you have any plans of adding a TRS MIDI input or an expansion, even via pins on the back, in order to take advantage of the 24 voice polyphony fully? Preset chords isn't going to cut it, that's why I'm asking.
-- ParanormalPatroler

Hi, this is not planned for this version of the module.

Another Wave Swarm test, this time drenching it in reverb from both the ALA Typhoon and the Desmodus Versio.

Drums are Squid Sample and Basimilus into Mimeophon, which is doing double duty with delay and some reverb.

It is a very interesting question and, as often, there is no universal answer: hence all the pleasure and interest of the modular synthesizer.

In my case, on about fifty modules, I use only 3 small modules strictly dedicated to effects: 2hp Verb, Pico DSP and Happy Nerding FX Aid (4hp version). I have to add the Monsoon (a Clouds clone with the Parasites firmware) reverb and the possibility to use sometimes the Disting mk4.

Why? Because I try to preserve as much as possible the nature, the transients and the texture of the sounds: the quality of the sound sources in a modular was from the beginning, and actually stays for me the main attraction next to the possibilities of CV of course...

So my most frequent use of effects remains the positioning in the mix, as one would use commonly a filter for example.

On the other hand, when I think of 'effect', I more often associate it with a deeper mutation of the sound such as the granularization of a Nebulae, or the metamorphosis by a Morphagene.

Pushing to the extreme, I would say that it is the whole modular that I conceive as a special effect for the sound: just like cinema is not theater and could even be viewed as a special effect versus the theater! (Think about Georges Méliès).

My philosophy of modular is not to try to reproduce what traditional synthesizers would do. In the same way that a sampler should not try to imitate an acoustic instrument just because it could.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Hi! In my experience, multi-effect modules were a good way to learn about what works and what doesn’t. Right now I’m only going into the DAW for recording and finishing the stereo mixes with a little EQ and compression. Maybe consider starting with a good multi-effect like FX Aid or Erica Synths’ Black Hole DSP 2. There are pluses and minuses to both but are extremely versatile and the Black Hole just sounds terrific to me. FX has a lot of menus and downloads, so it’s a bit to manage, but it’s worth having. You might also look into Noise Engineering’s Versio series, because those don’t have presets, so you can tailor your effect from the ground up. And, you can buy one from the series and still download all the effects available. A different take on multi-effects. And if you want to hit the DAW, Noise has free plugins now. I have not been wowed by Beads/Clouds particular angle on effect synthesis, but I have heard great things out of that product line, so if you dig that workflow, you might love those. Everything I’ve mentioned sounds amazing.

Hello,

let me introduce you to our brand new released DIMENSION Wavetable oscillator.

The DIMENSION is a compact 1OHP but full power Wavetable 24 voices stereo oscillator. it is compatible with Serum wavetable and allow quick browse of imensity of wavetable available everywhere for computer software wavetable synthesisers. It reproduce and process wavetables in full quality 32bit 44,1KHz

We are currently taking pre-orders till 15 November after wish we enter production phase.

The module in developpment from more than 2 years is in beta test from 6 months now and is hardware and firmware ready to fly.

Have a look here for more > www.ziqal.com/dimension

Cheers, ZIQAL

My thinking was similar to OP's. I have a good delay/reverb pedal and a couple of Elektron boxes (A4, Digitakt) that, in addition to supplying percussion and sequencing, can take stereo input (or dual mono) and apply effects and panning. The one in-rack effect I have is Sarajewo, because the BBD sound is hard to approximate, and it offers the possibility of customizing the feedback loop. Using the T1 and T2 taps also gives a reverb-like effect. I'm keeping an eye on granular options but no purchases so far.

shifty will not give you paraphony!!! it is a shift register - 1 cv and 1 gate in, for example, when the gate goes high and there are no notes in the system the note will be sent to output 1, when the gate goes high again the original note will be moved to output 2 and the new note (whatever is at the cv input) will be sent to output 1, when the gate goes high again the original note will be sent to output 3 etc

the last iteration looks better - I think it's a really good idea to ditch the paraphony at least in a 1st case - in order to reduce complexity - if you still want polyphony/paraphony then you may find a digital polyphonic keyboard works quite well alongside a modular

dtm (which you keep calling by it's old name before moog sued - cp3) is a mixer not a filter

I don't think it's a great idea to think in such rigid terms about what things do... rings has some great bass tones in it... and I'm sure those instruo modules can do some nice leads!

if you are going to use a keytep pro as your primary 'way to play' then you might find you don't need a midi->cv module...

I'd go slowly though and pick 4 or 5 of the modules that you think would play well together and get those to start with adn learn them inside out before getting anymore - you will probably change 30%+ of what you have here once you

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Wow. That sounds incredible! I imagine that you will have endless fun with your Blue Marvin.

Hi Gumbo23,

Thanks a lot for the AJH - Wave Swarm module, wasn't aware of this module yet. Thanks to your demo, I am now fully aware of it :-) Kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Hey Garfield - it was recommended by my local eurorack shop, and so far is doing what I wanted it to. I have done a more focused test which I'll upload soon. For me it really works best with plenty of reverb, so I have it running through both the Typhoon and the Desmodus Versio. With some added modulation it really comes to life.

yes midi->cv & make sure it specifies that it handles midi clock - some just do pitch and gate

mutant brain / ocd (external original version of mutant brain) and befaco midi thing may be worth looking at

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Interesting post, thanks! Question: Panharmonium is a pass-through in the video above until around 9 minutes yes?

• If I understood you correctly, yes, the Pan is doing nothing until later in the video.

I recently got Wave Swarm hoping it would be a way to get thickened stereo versions of any wave I throw at it yet. So far I've only tried it on my smaller system with headphones and I'm not blown away by the results. In the next few days I'll get to try it on my bigger system via monitors and I'm hoping I'll hear a more positive and more noticeable difference.

• I've not done enough with it yet, but I feel I'm getting subtle versions of what you describe. But the difference between the raw oscillator and the 'swarmed' version is fantastic. But it's not super wide stereo. I just wanted to thicken up the TsL in particular, without having to buy a CsL or similar. That said, I have a Castor & Pollux on order, and hope the Swarm will give that more thickness.

What I have heard so far is a clear sound which I think would be described as "multi-oscillator detune phase interference" which is common to the "supersaw" sounds we've all heard. What I haven't heard yet (and am hoping to) is stereo width and a strong illusion of supersaw-like sounds given (nearly) any input wave.

• I'm wondering if the Acid Rain chainsaw might be better for the pure supersaw effect. I have a lot of digital oscillators, so wanted to get more fatness in my analogue sound sources.

Thanks for the post. If I have any new insights / learnings from my Wave Swarm I'll circle back with those.

• Great - I would appreciate any feedback from your explorations!

-- nickgreenberg

Funny you should ask this question because I'm currently rethinking my FX setup. I have the FX Aid XL and Milky Way for eurorack multi-effects, and haven't been 100% happy with the results. I'm also not a big fan of Clouds as an effect. A lot of that probably comes down to me and my creativity, as I have heard good results from all of those in demos. I do have the 4ms Dual Looping Delay and it is more of an instrument than an effect, and the Qu-Bit Data Bender which is pretty unique in what it does, so I'm happy with those. I also run my signal through some guitar effect pedals (most notably EHX Oceans 11, Warm Audio Jet Phaser, and Orange Kongpressor) with a Strymon AA.1, and prefer that route to the in-rack effects I currently have.
I think I would prefer something like the Springray that Garfield mentioned or Erica Black Spring Reverb as well as an analog BBD like the Pittsburgh or XAOC Sarajewo (expensive!) for the type of sound I usually aim for. I don't really use any plug-ins/DAW effects.
The one benefit of euro FX that I take advantage of is cv control over delay feedback for dub style swells, but I'm mostly hands-on, preferring to adjust effects on the fly.
I'll be watching this thread to see what others are doing.

I'm hoping to use the MIDI clock (coming from TASCAM model 12 mixer/recorder) as my Master Clock. I'm trying to control all my gear (Minilogue XD, SQ1, Boomerang Looper) along with my eurorack so everything is on the same time. Plus when I go back to record additional tracks (on Tascam model 12) I want to know that I'm running from the same reliable clock from my mixer/recorder so there's no timing issues. I got a MIDI box (1 in: 4 out) and it works great to multiply the MIDI signal from the Tascam Model 12, to all the (non eurorack) gear but.... What is the simplest way to get a good midi clock from my mixer to eurorack. Is there a simple adapter or do I need to spend a couple hundred on a midi to cv converter module. I would probably be going into a (4ms quad clock distributor module) as my main-starting eurorack clock divider/distributer.

Any comments or wisdom appreciated!

That sounds great! Gotta love new-synth-day. I’m not keen on some of the Behringer drama, but these ARP clones do sound very good and you can’t argue with the “bang for the buck” factor. Looking forward to more!

Loads of good stuff there. You've already decided to go slow on the Blck_Noir so you have time to see if it's really needed. I just watched the two-hour video on the Neóni, and even though I don't intend to get one, it was really quite informative and gave me many good ideas to take back to my own complex oscillator (Brenso). Best of luck with your acquisitions and learning!

Hello All,

I recently received the Behringer 2600 Blue Marvin and wanted to share with you my first impression on this Blue Marvin:

It starts with just the dry sound from the Blue Marvin, using only the 2600's reverb at about 20%. Then around 1:05 I start to screw up the sound more and more, while as from about 1:30 adding external effects (see below for details) and at about 2:45 the sound is totally screwed ;-) All done with the 2600. Then slowly afterwards trying to get back to the original sound (a bit after 4:00) though still with the external effects.

Other than a MIDI keyboard and the following external effects, only the B. 2600 Blue Marvin has been used to produce those sounds:
- Reverb by Source Audio - Ventris Dual Reverb (E-Hall reverb with Swell reverb)
- Delay by Electro-Harmonix - Grand Canyon (tape delay with stereo ping-pong effect)
- Leslie effect by Neo Instruments - Ventilator II

Thank you very much for listening and kind regards, Garfield.

Hi Nicolas,

I am particular happy with my Intellijel - Springray2 module, a real analogue spring reverb that gives you the opportunity to connect up till 3 (three) spring tanks. I am using the small and the medium one, both are great in their ways, the medium one is a little more subtle compared to the small one.

I don't have the Make Noise - Mimeophon yet but had a chance to test it, and this is a great delay and looper module, very creative patches are possible with this module.

Good look for the search of some good FX modules and kind regards, Garfield.