OK - doesn't sound like it's braids or the PH osc then!

what happens if you only connect braids to the mixer and then to the output module?

what happens if you connect both modules to the mixer but into different inputs??

do you have other sound sources you could try with the mixer, maybe a friend has one if you don't?

do you have another mixer you could try with the sound sources, again maybe a friend has one if you don't?

have you tried changing the power header that the mixer is plugged into??

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I don't have Euclidean Circles - did it have jumpers that you removed to plug the expander in?? and you haven't replaced them - just a thought - otherwise I'd contact the manufacturer!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Ni Noctopolis,

Wow, that's great that they have the 281t currently on stock! (Just seen on their website) However without the Euro currency, losing money on the currency exchange and the rather high prices in Sweden, I will consider this as a plan B, if let's say by the end of this year the modules are still not available in Germany ;-)

Thanks for putting this to our attention though, it's good to know it has arrived in Europe too, so there is still hope for us :-D
Have fun with your 258t and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

hey Garfield - did you try elevatorsound.eu - opened recently in Spain - they had some that had not been pre-ordered available - for at least a few days after the pre-orders were sent out and almost everywhere else sold out!

Thread: Cellar Door

I get the sarcasm now.
Completed with this size case, it's obvious that unless you want to do one thing... you need much more real estate.
-- atomkey

yeah - it's our native language round here!!!

all those youtube influencers are deceptive - most of them have massive cases - pull a few modules out to demo with a specific patch in cases they were given by the manufacturers

they are great as 'mission specific' satellite cases - but near useless as starter cases - unless you want to copy a specific patch from an influencer and only do that - which kind of defeats the idea of modular!!

Hi
The braids is original...
Yesterday I tried different configuration...
Basically if I connect the oscillators (both the waveform and the breids) directly to the out module the volume is good.
If I connect them to the mixer and then from the mixer to the out module the volume is really low...some notes cannot be heard at all....I use headphones..
Is it a strange behavior ?

Thread: Live jam…

Thanks! I'm trying to do more live streaming sessions this year.

Hope you enjoy this evolving downtempo jam session…

Hi all just seeing if anyone knows what's happening here, my Euclidian Circles ver.2 was working fine, I added the Expander and it all worked fine, the problem is now that I don't want to use the expander, my Euclidian circles outputs no triggers, it receives clock, rests, but no triggers, unless I hook the expander back up. Then it all works again....any ideas would be apreciated...

Ni Noctopolis,

Wow, that's great that they have the 281t currently on stock! (Just seen on their website) However without the Euro currency, losing money on the currency exchange and the rather high prices in Sweden, I will consider this as a plan B, if let's say by the end of this year the modules are still not available in Germany ;-)

Thanks for putting this to our attention though, it's good to know it has arrived in Europe too, so there is still hope for us :-D
Have fun with your 258t and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thread: Cellar Door

I get the sarcasm now.
Completed with this size case, it's obvious that unless you want to do one thing... you need much more real estate.

for some reason I didn't see the modules earlier...

too many tiny modules for me - especially things that I would most want more of - utilities

nice matrix mixer though - big - I hear it can get cramped though if you use the vca ins and then try to wiggle the knobs

I don't get the workflow thing at all - seems more like constraint - I think I'd find myself reaching for things that weren't - end up having all the small cases strewn all over the place and plugged in and just get annoyed by it

I think you'd be substantially better off with 2 mantis and maybe the 0-ctrl

is the braids an original or a clone?
have you tried different power slots on the bus board?
do you have an amplifier? some vcas - veils or intellijel quad may help?

Someone knows if is it discontinued?
I didn't find stock anywhere :(
-- nokulture

Dave makes these in batches, so even pre-COVID they tended to be available in episodic spurts. And given the current parts shortage, I’m not surprised to see that this module is currently unavailable, like almost everything else, especially other digital modules.

If you want some specifics you could inquire directly with Dave himself. He’s been responsive to me about such inquiries in the past.

Hi there, like sujested by the tittle, I've unlocked 10 gidden secrets bout the Quadrantid Swarm of Eowave. The video is in french but it has english subs.

Someone knows if is it discontinued?
I didn't find stock anywhere :(

EscapefromNoise.com in Stockholm, Sweden have the modules (the dual osc might have run out of stock now) and the service from them has been the best. Got the 258t yesterday and it’s instant love. Ordered the 281t straight away.

I don't play with feedback enough, though i do like riding the Feedback on Clouds.

And cheers :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Hi all
I am a completely newby in the modular world...
I have a Pittsburgh foundation system to which I have added some other modules (MI braids, vpme.de qd and 1010 fxbox).
However I noted there is a huge volume difference among the Pittsburgh oscillators (which are loud) and the braids (which is low).
Both of them connected to the same Pittsburgh mixer. The volume of The Pittsburgh is almost at zero while the braid one is fully cranked but it is still covered by The Pittsburgh.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

Looks like a fun rack to play with!

What do we think as this for an altrantive MN Shared System.

Radar

I was doing my own version of the 3 module challenge the other day with an FX Aid, a Res EQ, and a QPAS... feedback patches are fun. Nice work as always @wishbonebrewery!

Hi zzJKzz,

Oh come on! You got that module already? You make me very jealous ;-)

Just kidding, enjoy the module while we are waiting here in Europe for it to become available. Most likely after many years when you consider to sell it on the 2nd hand market, we might be able to start buying it here ;-)

Have fun with it and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Its definitely an interesting experiment. :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Hey all,

synths by Bean Jelly, drums by Disting Ex. More info in the video description. Thanks for watching.

I am inspired by birth, death and the events inbetween.

https://youtube.com/@aphewgoodman

Nice track. Definitely getting some interesting sounds out of just three modules. I might give this a shot since I am about to disassemble my current 29 module patch. ;-)

Nightlife-electronics is shipping per above; I received my 258t this morning.
I'll say the build quality is nice! Can't wait to try it.
(also, Hello from Canada, I've been lurking but couldn't resist bragging about having this already :)

We are very well on track finishing production at the moment. ETA is early-to-mid March

You've got a point here I know but it's sooo harddd because it's so pretty ^^
I agree with the aesthetic though, messy doesn't mean ugly!
I'll try to make a new one in 62 HP first, and if iit doesn't fit i'll try another version with 104hp, but I hear you on the standard HP number, that makes sense.

Take a look at ‘Synthesis Technology - E352 Drones N Stuff’, a video by DivKid on YouTube. It's quite explicit.

-- Sweelinck

Quite explicit? Mmmmm...hot sexy wavetables...

-- Lugia

Definitely. On the other hand, not to mention Ben's strong performance. So romantic.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Hello, my name is Serge. I am the developer and founder of Microdoze. If you have any questions about HAWSERS, I will be happy to answer them!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I will let you know when they arrive. I'm looking forward to a Garfield tiptop/buchla report! I don't know about living in Canada, I was in the market for a buchla easel command and the $3000 U.S price became $4700 Cdn after exchange and taxes so i just couldn't justify it! I've been making do with the Arturia software easel and the doepfer LPGs, A-149-1/2, uFold, Springray, Rampage etc for euro so I'm very grateful for this affordable option. I've been watching the Barton videos on youtube demo-ing the new tiptop buchla modules. The next pair of voltage sequence/processing modules look to be very interesting. And as Lugia said, there may yet be plenty more modules to come so my new 6u 168hp case is already running out of space!

Hi Fatberg,

No way! You are making me jealous, while I have to wait till at least March, you let us know next week how these modules are ;-)

I have had it, I am going to move to Canada, period.

Kind regards, Garfield.

Hello, good news. I received a shipping notice from Nightlife Electronics in Canada stating the 2 buchla modules have shipped and are arriving next week. Hurrah ...
-- FatBerg

And right on time, too! Tiptop must have some amazing shipping-fu to get all the components they typically need, given the general state of shipping right now. I'll venture a guess that the "Winter/Spring 2022" ones will drop around March/April, then the last ones just in time for summer. And remember, that's just the initial six modules; I was told that they're working out which modules to add to the line after these, and hopefully we'll see some of that before the holidays.

Indeed the use of mostly Intellijel modules comes from an obsession of having something super clean and tidy.
It's completely irrational of course, and maybe I'd gain from trading aesthetic for practicality.

-- Subaphonic

Just remember: the synth is eye-candy for YOU. Anyone else won't give a rat's about what the system looks like, even live. You need it to SOUND snazzy...not to LOOK snazzy. And, the fact is that the stranger the build looks, the more "oooooo" factor you'll get from audiences, as hodgepodge Euroracks actually have that "dangerous rat-rod" sort of thing going on. So go more for the Mad Scientist aesthetic!

As for the cab cost, the 104 is only $100 more than the 62, which to me is a pretty good bargain given that you're getting 42 hp more on the tiles and 3Us, better power, and a few extras in the ute row. They've also got Intellijel gigbags to fit their cabs; have a look at this: https://www.perfectcircuit.com/intellijel-4u-gig-bag-104hp.html The other point is that while 62 hp isn't exactly a "normal" row length, 104 hp is, and if you need more cases to fit that form factor, it'll wind up being easy-peasy to implement with the Palette 104.

Well, for starters, put the Model D back in its own case, on its own power. Using an Eurorack cab to house any full-on synth that has power and housing already is a pretty sizable and potentially expensive blunder. Even in a Uli-case.

As for the clone modules, you should look into Mutable's Beads, which supercedes Clouds. Smaller than that clone, too...which, in a smaller-sized build, you want. Also, jettison the mult(s), as...again...there's better ways to do that, namely inline mults and/or stackcables, as neither of those take up cab space but do the same exact thing.

One other problem that jumps out at me is the disproportion of audio modules vs utilities, modulation, VCAs, etc etc etc. If you keep filling the cab in this way, you're going to have a GREAT audio module complement...which you have no way in hell to use properly as you've neglected all of the support modules that let the others do everything they're capable of. Again, this is another reason why that Model D really needs to get out of there; you NEED that space!

Before revising this (and it needs it!), I would strongly suggest spending some time studying builds by other experienced synthesists to see how they deal with these basics. You might also want to pick up a copy of the FREE version of VCV Rack so that you can dive in and see how all of this should work. VCV even has emulations of hardware Eurorack modules from a number of manufacturers in its 2000+ module library. https://vcvrack.com/ Once you get something like that under your fingers, you'll start to see why each audio module might benefit from 2-3 other modulation, etc sources. Work at both, then come back to this after getting some of what you need to know to make a modular go. You'll be happier in the end, as will your wallet.

Take a look at ‘Synthesis Technology - E352 Drones N Stuff’, a video by DivKid on YouTube. It's quite explicit.

-- Sweelinck

Quite explicit? Mmmmm...hot sexy wavetables...

Hi,

Anyone knows when this will be available on the market?

thanks
ciao

Hello, good news. I received a shipping notice from Nightlife Electronics in Canada stating the 2 buchla modules have shipped and are arriving next week. Hurrah ...

Wow, thank you Lugia for your response!
Indeed the use of mostly Intellijel modules comes from an obsession of having something super clean and tidy.
It's completely irrational of course, and maybe I'd gain from trading aesthetic for practicality.
About Quad VCA, I chose it instead of Veils mostly because I've read that it has some nice saturation when you push the levels up?
About the 62 HP, it's mostly a price issue that I'm having, but also I want to be able to have a small device.
I'll keep that message you sent for the next build tests, thanks again for your time!

My first Eurorack build, so far contains clones such as Model D, Roland’s System 100m (main/basic modules-6 in total) and cloned versions of a few Mutable Instruments modules (Elements; Clouds; and Rings). Also there are a couple utility modules and a clone of Mutable Instruments Ears.

The E352 Cloud Terrarium seems to be popular for drones, I have seen it mentioned several times in that context. What is it that makes it so good for drones?

-- Exposure

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Nice! That's really right along the lines of having the Main Cabinet as well as a couple of Wings. About the only thing I could thing of changing would be to swap a 1006 for one of the 1047s. That way, you get a stereo pair of Modamps AND Filtamps, and that takes the 1047s down to a stereo pair as well.

This is definitely something I need to consider, also. I have a very fond memory of a concert by David Rosenboom back in 1968 or 69 in which he played this MONSTER 2500 configuration with TWO main cabs and THREE wings. One main was his "playable" with the dual keyboard and some EEG pickup hardware for brainwave control, and the other was for sequencing, plus he also had a telemetry receiver that picked up signals from four different transmitters inside four rather sci-fi-looking columns that audience members carried around in groups with their eyes closed (and, of course, some "minders" to keep people from slamming into the synth). It's definitely part of why I do what I do these days!

Isn't it a beauty. The real ARP 2500 had only 15 modules but this was the perfect case and it didn't come any smaller so I created a monster 2500. :D It is what it is.

You haven't missed it @funbun, we're having supply chain issues and you can still sneak on! 🤣🤣

Seriously for everyone else, real life has intervened as seems to happen nowadays, but I'm aiming to get this out this week. Will update then :)

Well, for starters, that Intellijel MIDI interface is discontinued. They now offer the smaller one in tile format, but if you need something beefier, you'll have to stick it in the 3U row.

From what I can tell, you're looking to build a modulation "auxiliary" cab that also has some FX processing. But limiting yourself to ONLY Intellijel has problems, namely that there's other firms that make similar but better modules for various reasons. For example, you've got an Intellijel Quad VCA. But the topology for that 12 hp module is pretty much the same with Mutable's Veils...albeit that the Veils gives you 2 hp back. When planning a small "mission-specific" skiff, economizing your module sizes without compromising the result (ie: controls that are too tight or too small, overcrowded panels that offer confusing indications, etc). Also, to get a really diverse collection of suitable and interacting modules will probably require more than 62 hp; I would suggest moving up to the Palette 104 instead. Sort of like...(big pause while I rev up the building neurons) THIS:
ModularGrid Rack
Bigger, true...but in this case, bigger IS better, as it allows you to build a more comprehensive set of both modulators AND effects.

The "utility" row now has your adders, so no need for that module. It also has your stereo jacks for both input and output, mults, and MIDI port. Then when we get into the tile row, you'll notice a stereo input (fed by 1/4" jacks 1 and 2) and the smaller Intellijel tile MIDI interface (fed from the MIDI port). And then things get interesting; the next thing is a dual noise generator with tilt EQ to alter the noise color. After that is your clocking...an expander gives you four CV ins to the Temps Utile, which I chose over the Pam's because 1) this fits better and 2) if you're looking to ALSO use this as a sequencer, I think it has a better implementation for that. And yes, it can clock and sequence and all that at the same time. Following that is a QuadrATT, which gives you four channels of attenuversion, mixable to a "breakable" mixbus. And then, the stereo out module, which feeds 1/4" jacks 3 and 4.

Then for the 3U row, it looks like this: an SSF Modbox has two CVable LFOs, one of which also clocks its sample and hold, plus it has yet another (uncolored) noise gen and a few other tricks. Then the modulation monolith that IS Maths. After that you'll find a Mutable Veils and a Tiptop MISO...these are intended to work together as VCA control over modulation amplitude and modulation mixing, inversion, offset and more voodoo via the MISO. Quadrax/Qx is next, and then a Make Noise ModDemix gives you a pair of balanced modulators which you can use either to manipulate modulation OR as an audio effect. Then we're into the audio-only effects with a Frequency Central Stasis Leak, which gives you tap-tempo delay, reverb, and chorus, and uses a mono-to-stereo signal path for stereoization. The Purrvrrb emulates a spring reverb, with (again) mono-in and stereo-out. And then the big kahuna there is Mutable's sequel to their Clouds granular module, the Beads. And last, since you'll have three different stereo FX sources, I put in a triple-input stereo mixer so that, if you want, you can mix the FX outputs.

Now, if I stuck to ONLY Intellijel modules here, I clearly wouldn't be able to build this. And this is typical for Eurorack; not all manufacturers have the "perfect" module selection that covers everything, so it's necessary to do mix-n-match stuff like this to really optimize a build. Anyway, this is an example of how I would approach this problem...and actually, it's similar to an actual issue I have in my "modular sandbox", where I've been considering a modulation skiff to fill in a few shortcomings in my 3.5mm stuff (Eurorack, Digisound 80, B.2600, and some other odd things). And this build is something even I would feel at home with...and I'm a fussy SOB about that sort of thing!

Hi Funbun,

No idea, how you missed that one ;-)

But don't miss this one then, this is the one of 2021 (the one you referred to is from 2020):

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/10830

You could check with Troux if you perhaps can add something as well or if the deadline has expired. I hope you can still make it since I wouldn't mind to recognise a few tones from your AE system :-D Kind regards, Garfield.

Hi Fatberg,

No news here about the 245t, so let's see. Please let us know the status of your vendor, I hope they have better news than mine :-)

You are welcome and kind regards, Garfield.

Thanks for posting this. I recently got a regular one in the lottery. The sounds from yours are certainly in the same ballpark. I imagine a side-by-side comparison would reveal some subtle differences.

Hey everyone,
I'm planning to build an addition do my beloved moog sound studio.
I've built something mostly from Intellijel on purpose.
The goal here: have a case that's quite small (Intellijel 4U), allow as much modulation as possible and tempo division(quadrax, quad vca, pamela), and add a bit of flavour (springray, Polaris). The Mafd is an extra module to control DFAM via midi.
What do you think about it ? Is it balanced ? Is there something that's missing that would be handy ?
Thanks for your help !

Youtube Demo: