Hello - thanks for taking a look at my current rack. Im still new to modular (this year) and enjoying it so much.
My rack also has a beatstep pro and a mother-32 on the side with a EH cathedral reverb

Looking for suggestions for a mixer/vca module that can be a final mixer... my needs are not set in stone but here are my 'ideal' features:
* six channels or more
* cv control / vca functionality
* stereo panning from mono input
* something close to 8HP?? 10HP???
* BONUS - sequential sequncer ability?

Sound design goals:
Percusive-focused minimal Drum and bass to complement my Moog mother-32 (with a digi reverb on the side) doing lead melodies. I may remove the blm 'rings' clone and replace with another VCO that can do folding. I really just like a sidechained bassline breathing along with the maths+drums and mother32 sounds on top. I see myself bringing in one more smaller HP drum module for a snare/clap/samples.

Right now im working in mono but would like to go stereo at the final mix. I see the utility and sense of a desktop mixer but I would like to make this rack an all-in-one-rackbrute that can leave home easily.

I am willing to make room by removing my Manhattan Analog mix, one of the Happy Nerding MIA, and the BLM Resonator.
However, I'd also like to add a wave-folding VCO and a small clap/snare/sample module. I LOVE my Malekko quad VCA (small and feature-rich) but I think a mixer would better serve me.

Ive been looking at modules like:
* AniModule M1xXOR
* ALM Jumble Henge
* Pittsburgh Modular Stereo Okapi
* Hikari Atten/Mixer
* Mannequins COLD MAC

Any ideas are appreciated, I am flexable! Also open to recomendations on a VCO and snare/clap/sample element or cool rythmic stuff.

JPG https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2592332.jpg

for some context: here's a jam from this set-up. I wasn't using the beatstep pro in this case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p91NkL6YpydLEc7GVf79kLT8dsg_ig-T/view?usp=sharing

Mixer? A start of an answer here: https://doudoroff.com/mixers/

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

wow- incredible website!

just what I needed, thank you!

i think that a mixer with the features that you are describing in 10hp simply does not exist.

Cosmotronic has some feature packed mixeres in reasonable hp

i'm really not willing to induce any gas. but i would not try to fit more voices and add a mixer in your case. you certainly don't want to remove utilities to add voices.
maybe it's time to think of expanding the hps ?
or maybe get a 1010 bluebox desktop ?

A word in favor of the PM Okapi -- I have a stereo setup, with two stereo Okapis run through an Erica Synths Black Stereo mixer.

That gives me 8 inputs (4 per Okapi) so that each one's 4 inputs go into a left and right channel, taking up two of the four stereo pairs on the ES mixer (between them is a Xer Dualis for another 8 input stereo pair in the ES mixer, and a 2hp VCA gives me the final stereo pair). So basically I can have 18 inputs into the ES mixer, nine inputs per left or right channel (!).

What really rocks about the Okapi, however, are the light indicators! Just glance down and if you see red, turn that input down a bit (and vice-versa). It is very helpful to have visuals in mixing! Something to think about long-term if you want to expand to stereo. This is sort of hard to explain, so here's the setup (a 6U Doepfer L-base and a separate 6U standing on it).

ModularGrid Rack

The SSF Vortices isn't bad, CV and manual Panning of mono signals.
I also have a DPW M1 mixer which lets me pan my Stereo sources.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Look into the Instruo Carn (or two since you need more than 4 channels). Won't do 'everything' but having 2 myself... its a wonderful setup.

I am quite happy with the After Later Bartender. The four stereo channels are enough for now and the send/return loops are very handy. expansion modules are available as the rack grows

thanks for all the advice and recommendations, everyone.

Slim, I realised your advice to go more HP. I bought another 6U Rackbrute case. I figure I can connect the twin rackbrutes and still be reasonably portable.

Im still in the market for a mixing solution, although my 'wants' from the mixer have evolved - here they are

*effect sends
* six channels or more
* cv control / vca functionality
* stereo panning from mono input
* HP is less important than value

Cheers

my journey is complete?

I bought a used WMD performance mixer from perfect curcuit. $630. For all the channels and the effect send, it seemed as reasonable as the cost can possibly be in modular.

Im excited to put the voltage block right next to the mixer and start modulating the mixer channels.