I think I might just get myself a minibrute as well to use with my modular.

I thought you'd find this interesting. Talking about his simple modular set up and for use with the minibrute.

That is nice but a bit expensive. I like the Dreadbox Erebus as well but trying to keep prices down a bit so am looking at the Erica synths VCO2 vs MFB OSC 3 (triple vc0). And of course checking ebay for some deals :) I did start of thinking I want to do this on a budget, it isn't so cheap though but still trying to save some bucks somewhere!

I was really impressed with this simple set up:

I'm interested in what you discover. Likewise I am adding modules to expand my Doepfer Dark Energy but I'm building a small complete system now. I thought about going down the traditional Deopfer but to me by spending a bit more you get a lot more.

I have Polaris, Braids, Peaks, Veils and looking to add Maths - I thought about Function but people tell me on Gearslutz Maths is worth the extra $. And a good VCO module.

ModularGrid Rack

From what I've read the Doepfer A-110-2 VCO is very well respected. Bang for buck though it is worth considering buying multi modules : Erica Synths Pico VCO and Expert Sleepers Disting MKIII multi module. I'm looking at the MFB OSC 3 triple VCO. Mutable Instruments are really good and offer a lot for the price and what I have built my system from.