Hi guys with this rack I do pretty generic techno, but after a year of improv, I'd like to decide on a genre to focus on. I like the sound of DC11 as a very good artist, and I would like to pursue that path. The point is that its rack is completely different and also very expensive hahaha. How can I get closer to those sounds, perhaps integrating with some modules (I still have space available) or replacing some of them?
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2018166.jpg

To be honest I dont know DC11 yet, so I dont know which kind of sound and modules you are looking for.

Can you give sound examples of DC11?
Where can we see his rack? - to figure out alternatives.

Greetings

Chris

just type dc11_live on instagram! :) mad artist!
and if you type dc11 here on modulargrid there are some of his racks... but he has different racks for studio and live!
https://www.instagram.com/dc11_live?igsh=djQyc3V1azR4MTY2

1. At first you probably need a bigger a case and more fundamental utilities, like attenuverters, polarizer, envelopes, lfos .....
    Its all mentioned in recent posts.

My first impression, I might missunderstood it at first glance is:

1. drums:
    come from the jomox drummaschine // you can just use samples from the web and put in your /Digitakt, elektron samples, computer or sampleplayer of choice

2. synth hook

- seems to be the combination of a analog complex vco processed with a modulated filterbank.
you could try to emulate this with different cheaper vcos and filterbanks - but I guess the particular Verbos Filterbank has a special character. So it will be propably hard to come exactly near.
But there are a few cheaper filterbanks, you could combine a fixed filterbanks with a vca.
Like a Zlob VC F3DB, ADDAC 601 .....

1. Sequencing
    Mimetis digitalis is nice, but Im not sure, if this enough to get organic sequences. Maybe better a sequencer with more settings per stage. Maybe it gets more unstable and floating or more wonky with crazy settings on pams to reset and shift the mimetic? I had good results with marbles + mimetic.

2. DFAM is fun as hell, but you could add them later.

3. I heard on a crappy PA, but the examples I heard seem to sound a bit cold and vintage vibed.
    I guess a analog mixer and some hardware for analog coloring and maybe sparse digital delay - could be useful

- maybe you can get also close to this with a software emulation from UAD or something like that.

Greetings

Chris

thank you very much for the response!