Thanks solitud! :) Didn't think as far as to look in my user prefs for this, doh.

A Eurocrack Pusher: "The first time is for free" ;)

I am planning a first basic Rack to get into the usage of a eurorack step by step. I want to send voltage from a microbrute and use this first setting to get into patchings etc. So the first modules should not be too complicated, but they should be of good quality to work with them as a basic later on as well, when I add other modules step by step. Do these modules fit their purpose or should I replace any of them by a module from another Company? Fell free to give suggestions.

We have sorted this out. The module didn't show up in the search results but on papernoises profile page.
That was not a bug but an intended behavior, because private and duplicate modules historically share the same tag.
Nevertheless I have uploaded a patch where private/duplicate modules are hidden on users profile pages now.
Also private module pages have received a robot noindex meta tag to exclude them from search engines.

As long as private modules are not assigned to public racks they should be pretty much stealthy now.
You can still link to them so we are not talking about bulletproof protection, though.

Hm, the private tagging was always one of the more reliable features on MG and I can not see a problem now.
When I am searching for the modules name I can not find anything. As expected.
Also nothing leaked to Google.

Be careful: if people visit your public rack with the private module assigned they can see the private module. This is intended and not a bug.
So for now there is not much I can do else than keep an eye on the issue. And to recommend not to upload top secret modules. Sorry.

Darn! You mean we almost saw a couple of the new Mutable designs!?

I think I've found a bug. I had uploaded a module I wanted to be secret but then a friend wrote me telling me that it had shown up in his search results.
I've then changed the name and panel image, but here's the links:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/mutable-instruments-mystery-sh3
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/mutable-instruments-mystery-str

Thread: Change Log

SSL/Https Encoding

I implemented https a while ago and wanted to test the site in deep before announcing it. But Google was faster and redirects directly to https if you coming from their search.
So, yeah, it should work in general.
Your browser will show the "broken lock" on some pages where content is included from the non-secure CDN server, though.
Regardless, you are save to login with your password from dubious Bangkok WLAN spots when in urge to check for latest modules on your holiday vacation.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

The text input field of the module browser formerly only searched in the module name and description.
Now it also searches for manufacturer names.
This should help to prevent the upload of duplicates because several users reported "module didn't show up in the search".

Only private modules you uploaded yourself will show up in YOUR search result.
If you see private modules of other users in your search result you have found a bug. Please report.

Click Me: your_username in top navigation.
Under the list of your racks is the list of your uploaded modules. Click the delete button.
This works only if the module is not assigned to other racks...

It did work now!
BTW. how come that modules set to "private" still show up in search results? What's the point in setting them to "private" if they are still public?

Try again, it should work now, if not check back, I will delete it.

yep found it thanks! But it tells me the module is used on some racks...

How come this module doesn't show up when searching for it?
-- KNYST

The new search options hide other/unknown modules by default.
Click Hide advanced search options -> Show exotic modules a.k.a. "other/unknowns"

Maybe there is some tweaking necessary...
-- solitud

Hadn't noticed that - thanks.

Click *Me: papernoise" in top navigation.
Under the list of your racks is the list of your uploaded modules. Click delete.

Actually I had added this because I had searched for it and it didn't show up... weird. Ok I'll delete it. Thanks for reporting it.

Thank you, solitud!

I have added SSSR Labs to the manufacturer list. So it will show up in the standard search.

-- KNYST

The new search options hide other/unknown modules by default.
Click Hide advanced search options -> Show exotic modules a.k.a. "other/unknowns"

Maybe there is some tweaking necessary...

When searching it would be nice for more sorting criteria, results count
-- heartcore

It's online now.

ModularGrid has some new advanced module search features!

• Show/hide "other/unknown" manufacturers
  • Filter by Build Type for DIY or assembled modules
  • Find a module with two function properties like dual AND VCA

I agree with that comment "Knobs for mode should be stepped"
But its most excellent and a very easy build that I would recommend to a detail oriented nube

Great! Thanks for the quick reply. Been using my CSQ-600 for a long time but probably going to grab one of these very soon then.

Well, you have to put this thing together by yourself, so build quality depends :)
No knob wobble, face plate is metalic, overal good parts, superb PCB.
Minor things to improve (for me):

• No highlight of set sequencer steps
  • Knobs for mode should be stepped
  • When sequencer lines are slaved CLK OUT 2 should output the same clock as CLK OUT 1. But it still outputs the individual tempo which is set on line 2. No biggie.

Definitely a cool Euro sequencer.

So hows the build quality? Any serious knob wobble? Plastic or metal face plate? I want to grab one of these but am curious about this stuff first.

Overall I am glad modulargrid exists, but for a newbie like me it's a bit overwhelming to find my way through all this information
-- heartcore

There will be more search options soon, but I doubt that this will fix the overwhelming info problem.

Hi all, magnificent site

Overall I am glad modulargrid exists, but for a newbie like me it's a bit overwhelming to find my way through all this information

I agree. Just made it a private entry now.

PRIVATE --this is not a eurorack - it does not fit in rails or use euro power

Any suggestions of how I might be able to squeeze in a couple more oscillators and an extra envelope generator? What could be replaced/upgraded? Thanks!

Here is my Doepfer 6U. I aimed to create a self contained (intentionally no MIDI) polyphonic setup. Something that could go from East to West when necessary and at the same time have a semi-random, quantised generation of multiple parts - chords, bass, leads, fx etc. So here we have it. 6 oscillators, 3 filtered channels and lots of generation options for beautiful melodies. It's almost complete...

Thread: Wave Weaver

I can confirm that this exists and is a lot of fun.

this user has left ModularGrid

Paul Schreiber is truly an outstanding engineer. Now with that new sequencer he's finalizing... it's certainly an exciting time for analogous-hybrid synthesis and music making in general.

Nice, thanks for the quick response – very interesting to see both stats.

it has priority... sooner than later.

i have a used one at Noisebug as well as new... chain em together, they are great.

My request would be to show a number that represents total usage, regardless of whether the rack that includes the module is public or private.

-- sempervirent

O.k. this was a simple fix, it's online.

My request would be to show a number that represents total usage, regardless of whether the rack that includes the module is public or private. Perhaps something like this, which would maintain the privacy of individual racks while providing a more accurate indication of a module's popularity:

-- sempervirent

I see, I will check this. (And fix this URL autolink function which seems broken)

I was checking out the module filters (Alphabetic/Popular/Price/HP) and noticed a quirk in the way that popularity is calculated:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/browser?SearchName=&SearchVendor=191&SearchFunction=&SearchTe=&SearchTemethod=max&SearchIsmodeled=&order=popular

On this page the Maths v2 panel is listed as the most popular, appearing in 251 public racks. The Turing Machine is in second place, appearing in 331 public racks. That seemed like a bug at first, because the Turing Machine had a higher count. But then I realized that the popularity code was probably summing usage across public racks in addition to private racks.

My request would be to show a number that represents total usage, regardless of whether the rack that includes the module is public or private. Perhaps something like this, which would maintain the privacy of individual racks while providing a more accurate indication of a module's popularity:

Alt text

Thanks for the feedback Knut. I can certainly see how the "Module Grouping" feature would be quite complex.

I imagine the "My Modules / Wish List" feature would be a less daunting task primarily only requiring additions to the already established database infrastructure. Although I am sure you have to consider the impact it would have on the database server seeing since it would require further entries and activity per user.

Thanks again. Happy to support the work you put into MG as the functionality it provides has proved invaluable.

Hey grieve, thanks for your input, it's very valuable for me to know what users want to see.
It's always hard to decide which features should be realized. I have to be very careful to not "feature creep" the ModularGrid, because every additional function makes the user interface more complicated and introduces potential new bugs.

I like the wishlist and grouping function idea.
Grouping would be cool, but it's harder to develop. I will put both to the to do feature list.

...Personally I signed up for a "Unicorn" account just to support the work the basic functionality requires.... and not so much for the additional features. I think a few more features like this and my other suggestion above would make the unicorn account a greater value from a practical stand point to those on the fence.
-- grieve

Thanks a lot for your contribution! If you are already visiting this site for a while you will recognize that a lot of the functions where done on user requests. I can not promise to implement everything instantly but I am constantly working on the site to make it better in progress.

Best Knut

A way for users to Link/Group adjacent modules in racks.... therefore allowing you to move all modules that are linked in that group with a single move... keeping them together/adjacent. Essentially turning a group of modules into a single module as far as moving is concerned. And of course a method to unlink/ungroup.

For instance the 4MS QCD Expander, QCD, QPLFO are always next to each other in my racks. It would be convenient to be able to link them in my rack and move them all together as if they were a single module.

This would also allow a user to link and move an entire row up or down quickly.

...Personally I signed up for a "Unicorn" account just to support the work the basic functionality requires.... and not so much for the additional features. I think a few more features like this and my other suggestion above would make the unicorn account a greater value from a practical stand point to those on the fence.

User personalized groupings of modules in the modular finder so that they are easier to find when building a rack.
-My Modules (a filter showing all the modules I own)
-Wish list (a filter showing modules I add to my wish list)

Explanation:
A method to tag/mark modules in the module finder database as "My Modules" and "Wish List". Then a check box or some kind of way to filter the module finder to show the collection of modules I have marked as "My Modules" or "Wish List".

I'm building my first Eurorack for guitar purposes primarily. Obviously I need In/Out so for that I plan to buy the Pulp Logic Entry Point and Exit Strategy. I really like the tones from the trouby modular organ filter, so I plan on buying that module as well... assuming a guitar would sound decent through that. As for the other units in the rack, I'm not so sure... I would like to be able to play a chord, or note on the guitar and have it drone. So I'm assuming the Pulp Logic SnH unit would work for that. I was looking at the Pittsburgh Modular Synth Block just to have as an extra unit with multiple functions. Eventually I would like to synthesize drums, so I was looking at the MFB Seq 01 for that. And I would love to be able to play lines on the guitar and have them loop. So the Make Noise Phonogene looked great for that, and has the really cool splice feature. I have no idea what kind of mixer I should look for. I'm thinking if I use an LFO from the rack, I could potentially play over whatever I create using those tones with the guitar, but I would need something to allow me to mix the LFO tones with guitar. Eventually I wouldn't mind doing a lot of synthesis without the guitar by adding on lots of other modules, but for now I want to make the instrument the focal point. What other modules may be helpful or should I research??

There are a few videos of people playing guitar through euroracks on youtube, but not many actually creating music with them. So I'm not sure how this is going to work out and if I'm just flushing money down the drain, but it's something I want to experiment with. This is the rack I'm working on. I'm willing to take any advice, or input from anyone who can help make this project a success. Thanks.

ModularGrid Rack

Fixed some issues on the Rack and Patch browsers pagina which prevented to go back to page 1.

Shapeshifter:
Shapeshifter Preset #1
Panel:
INT FM 10 o'clock
Ratio 1
Shape 1 10 o'clock
Shape 2 12 o'clock

Fold 9 o'clock

Little Knobs:
Ratio/Time : Any
Int FM 1 o'clock
Fold CV 1 o'clock
Shape 1 9 o'clock

Shape 2 9 o'clock

4MS QCD
1/0
2/0 Patch Out
3/ Div/Mult 8
4/0

4MS PEG
Left:
Ping Div/ Mult /4
Scale + Full Tilt
Skew |\
Curve /^\ (rounded)
Right:
Ping Div/Mult /5
Scale - 10 o'clock
Skew /|
Curve /^\ (rounded)

Everything else is legible with the dots - use the dots for reference points

Hello world
Ive yet not bought the d-lfo, Stilton adaptor, evin209 and addac 802. Im new at this so Im wondering if Im missing an important element here.....or something..

Your opinions is at this stage of great value:)

-martin

Thanks for your response! I guess I will discover the limitations fairly quickly. I just don't hope I've forgotten something important to play around with it all. :)