Just got mine a few weeks ago but already loving it so much. I'm very much interested in using my modular as a live instrument for experimental soundscapes and drones, and the 601 really made my synth infinitely more flexible.

Voltage Memory is the perfect companion for Equation Composer - VM has all the cv/gate that EC needs, and the voltage ranges exactly match.

In this system, VM serves as the programmer / playing surface / patch storage & automatic recall device for EC.
And it is clocking Turing Machine, which is used as rhythm sequencer.
A Sinclastic Empulatrix shapes the amplitude contour for the output of EC.
BD808 and No Drum serve as drum sources in this paticular system.

You can choose whatever rhythm sequencer / drum sources to join the mightly VM+EC combo, which would always form an amazingly versatile little composing / live performance system.

mengqimusic.com

On Voltage Memory :
1) choose a bank;
2) pitch storage on ch1 on top row of 6 pads, zero on ch2;
3) copy values from top 6 to bottom 6 pads;
4) on the bottom pads, adjust ch2 for pitch bend depth, and ch3 for pitch bend speed;
5) repeat steps 2-4 in other banks for more notes;
in manual mode, playing the top pads for different pitches, and lay your finger on the bottom pads for different pitch bends.

set ch4 for delay between 2 triggers.
use ch5 and ch6 to set any other parameters you like.

mengqimusic.com

Experiencing voltage disturbances. Help with module arrangement/power consumption based on my data sheet please..?
This is my actual physical rig. Am I distributing my modules properly ?

Added Malekko Richter OSC II today. Love this raw analog power :)

Thread: First Rack

Wondering if this combination would actually work. Im new to modular synths and would like to make this a real rack if it makes sense. looking to make interesting sounds, drones, bleeps, and sequences.

Biggest question will be: What do you want to achieve with this rack? And to put in some popular quote from Muffwiggler: You can never have enough VCAs

no shit

Tall knob is tall.

Very odd module, strangely designed, but awefully cool and very useful. You can basically sample anything into it and turn it into a wavetable. It tracks fairly well too, I think I've read over 4 octaves or so. Scanning the wavetables while sequencing is just a blast. Sample some field recordings into this thing, and I swear it's going to produce oscillator sounds that you've never heard your modular produce before. It's lo-fi, of course, but terribly versatile, and it sounds good in my ears. Excellent module. Well worth the little money it costs on the used market.

Thread: .gif

I see. I think there will be a problem with the image resizing.
I once had plans to merge TrueGrid (great blinking lights) and the planner in one application, but this was a little to ambitious.
Will see what time brings

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

No no I meant on the racks! Wouldn't it be cool to pull up a rack on MG and see all the same slights flashing as in person :)

You want to say something very original and sophisticated, but you don't know what?

Introduce yourself, or say Hello!
-- solitud

Hello

I'm new here

I bit the bullet and bought

All this stuff

Don't really know what I'm doing

Having fun though!

Available for order: http://nw2s.net/product/nw2s-io/

For the record, the ones on the top rack were loaners from a friend.

disquiet.com

Any experts have advice on if this combination of modules is missing anything important?

Mutant BDrum installed. Noise session ensued with the intent of "getting to know the rig".. :)

Thread: My Eurorack

Hello
What do you think of my rack? This goes together with a a-100 sys of 3 rows.

WMD SSM and Basimilus Iteritus installed today. Lots to wrap the head around here.

You need a "Unicorn" Account to make larger systems now. This is a small fee that helps support the site and allows it improve. Well worth it...

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/417

8? I can't get anything more than 4!! How do I get to 8?

i just got the rosie !! great unit, i am using the fx send- return to send audio to ableton live ( fx )
A and B are being feed by two moddemix units , this way i can plug in a lot of things on the fly
--- with the make noise FX units, your good :)

So I've totally changed my strategy realizing I want to not only process audio, but work from the modular as well. This is my current rack after the change ModularGrid Rack

Picking up a Basimilus Iteritas today from the muffwiggler store. Drum modules abound!!

Thread: Change Log

Rack Data Sheets

At the power consumption stats under your Rack you find a link to the Data Sheet.
It's a spreadsheet like table with all modules in your Rack.

• You can see instantly which power specs are missing (a click on the questionmark leads to the edit form)
  • You can sort the columns to find the widest, deepest and most power consuming module.
  • You can see power consumption per row

Initial session after installing SSF Propagate, enjoy the sounds:

& some echophon meanderings :

Added TTA MixZ mainly for fx routing within the case so outboard mixing is streamlined. Things are shaping up nicely. Been a year now.

You can not upload any images to the forum, but you can already embed gifs via markdown syntax.

Do this
![](http://www.changethethought.com/wp-content/tumblr_lad3eouzez1qzt4vjo1_500.gif)
to see this

Hey, this is a nice idea. This may come but not very soon.

Thread: Change Log

Checking incomplete power consumption specs

This feature adds a warning in Rack view under the power consumption stats, if modules of a Rack have missing power specs.

Display missing values

All power related values are displayed in the Popover so it's easier to find what is missing.

New Module field "is passive"

To exclude passive modules like mults from the incomplete power consumption alert they can be flagged as a passive module.

Added SSF Propagate to the case today :) what a fantastic module! livened everything up! especially Rene.

You have a new bill from Satan.
You gonna pay it punk, or do I have to eat your ancestors?

Low frame count .gifs are pretty tiny in file size, it would be really cool to add support for this to give some modules a little bit of life on the grid.

The first steps I am planning so far. Comments esp. by people who already connected Microbrute with an Eurorack are welcome.

Thread: total feces

I am pretty envious of this rack

Hi
This is my intended rack so far (might consider splitting the E560 to individual modules relevant to the effect for more depth). I am looking for suggestions on adding to this. Only modules that offer something psychedelic and sound sources are not needed as I'll be using a Virus Ti through my DAW. All suggestions welcome.
Thanks
ModularGrid Rack

Screaming in the key of EVIL,
I noticed that your mind was slightly askew

Notes: The two outputs from Optomix are panned hard L/R for stereo panning.
The output from echophon is mixed center. The output from moddemix is processed with reverb (erbeverb) and mixed stereo

Hey, I am not new to music but to analog synths. I am very interested in creating drones and expansive sonic collages(I am currently trying to get my hands on a grendel drone commander). I guess I am lost with what types of equipment I should purchase first that will produce enough sounds for me to get started while I learn this entirely new language. Any help or reference would be extremely appreciated.

-michael

Added Hex Inverter Mutant Bass Drum :) & TTA 909 Hats... good times.

Hi -

I'm building small modular systems for customers and wonder if there's any chance of adding in as a feature the ability to select a case (and not just a style) before you build a rack?

if I could choose an Enclave 3U or Cheeks of Power and then have the total of case added to the "Price" of the rack, it'd be extremely helpful in quoting prices

any plans for this?

Building a eurorack with the pittsburgh modular move 104 case.

ModularGrid Rack

I'm mainly interested in basslines and pads, though I feel like there's a good bit of functionality that I'm missing from the rack right now. Any suggestions for other modules would be greatly appreciated.

As far as the whole "being able to buy it" plan. Probably going to start with the ripples, quadra, a single dixie II, and the uVCA II. If anyone has any recommendations about a more flexible VCA to replace the intellijel one I'd love to hear suggestions.

Just curious if I would be able to get away with not checking my modular on a flight..... Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but...

The rubicon has become my favorite oscillator in my system (previously the AFG). I've used my uLFO to make really nice bell sounds. The cyclebox is cool for a lot of different reasons, but I prefer the tone of the rubicon. You won't be disappointed.

Thread: Bug Report

Ok thanks!

...they introduced a version of Modular Grid for which you'd have to pay if you want your rack to have more than 4 rows. It's called unicorn and you can find exact information somewhere on this site. Old racks with more than 4 rows stay as they are (they won't be erased) you just can't duplicate them anymore.

I can't seem to duplicate my rack anymore.
Currently I have 7 rows, I am somehow not allowed to have more than 4 all of a sudden.
When I try to edit my rack, it sets itself to 4 rows automatically now...

I have a similar problem - when trying to duplicate or rename a rack that has five (5) rows, I get a message saying that I can't because tha rack has to have between one (1) and four (4) rows.

Thread: 13th

this also has a Nord Drum 2 connected to it, and a few guitarpedals.

I'm constructing my first modular synth and it's going to be used for drums, I want to generate percussive hits that crack and whip with flexible routing options so I can get what's in my head into a tangible sound.

I've gotten as far as I can go with MG's modular planner, and I was hoping some of you pros on the forums could take a peek and tell me if I'm leaving anything out. This is going to be a pretty barebones setup, but I want to make sure I'm not leaving any obvious modules out (VCA's,Mixers)

Below is the list of modules in my rack-

Pittsburgh Modular Midi-CV

Pittsburgh Modular Synth Block- For versatility, Monosynth LFO VCA VCF all in one.

Pittsburgh Modular Toolbox (Does this work well for white noise?)

Pittsburgh Modular Mixer

Livewire Freqensteiner- I like this filter in high pass, overall good sound for my purposes.

Tip Top Audio z4000 EG- I like the sound of this e.g. Very quick and snappy

Tip Top Audio Trigger Riot- This one I am not sure about yet. I really like it for it's style of sequencing, but I have only seen it used for the other Tip Top drum modules. How will it do triggering an envelope with white noise? Does it have it's own internal clock? Also, I don't mind using a computer for sequencing, but having a go to drum sequencer as flexible and useable as the trigger riot seems like a good idea. I just want to make sure I can sync it with my DAW's tempo, or vice versa. Also hooking it up to a volca beats seems like it would be fun, all things I'm sure you can probably do, but I want to make sure as it's not a cheap module.

Here is my modular, please tell me if I'm missing anything obvious, or anything that would prevent the rack from working the way I need it to!

Thank you God bless,

G

http://cdn.modulargrid.de/img/racks/modulargrid_135925.jpg

P.s. Will one VCA be enough?

24hp???