Our modular duo live set from 11-8-14 Volt Divers, pdx, OR:
w/jeph nor of Form of the Destructor on 9u wall of sound/noise/ambience/bass/springverb &
myself (aka SunFalls) on 12u glitched out modular beats, enjoy:

Thread: SUBFUS

gieskes row updated w/ one placeholder (( voicerec / hdrot / nodrums / 4ms qcd ))

Dual Rene's in effect

Moments when Rene meets NI Battery:

Thread: Music Laptop

Human is paradoxical in a lot of aspects. Altho I am that kind of guy who never leave my flat unless I have to. But I am very interested in portable and self-contained music systems. Maybe that's because I love to make music anywhere in my flat. And maybe also because I love limitations being a user of Propellerheads Rebirth and Nanoloop in my old days of music making.

This little system built in a 64x2 wooden box is capable of not only some sound design, but also dual voice tonal music. White Whale is providing main sequencing, triggering Barton Delaying ARs which can mimic delay effectors. WW is also triggering changes on MengQiMusic Voltage Memory. VM, with its 84 storable pages, 6 outputs and multiple recall modes, is taking care of automatic parameter changes everywhere in the whole system, which is also very playable live-wise. Sound is produced by Verbos Complex Oscillator, which is capable of dual voice, the left side goes to Verbos Dual Four Pole for timber shaping, and the timber of right side is shaped by its on-board waveshaper. The voices can also be modulating each other. Each voice will go to MengQiMusic DPLPG for amplitude control. Finally an AniModule TriAniModule takes care of mixing and amplification, I also got some mono to stereo adapters for using it with a headphone - this is just one of the many ways to use this system.

Now everyone is making music with laptops. So here is my version of a music laptop.

mengqimusic.com

Added MakeNoise Echophon yesterday ! Finally have an fx module in there. vundebar :)

Hi, Pyscheprog here, just want to say this place looks like I could feel at home. Really just finding out what modular synths are about lately eh, have also been using Reason for a while now and love being in the synth world, I do have some hardware and va synths.
I was looking at getting into modular synths :-) and I found this site!! I hope to gain some invaluable knowledge here and put it to good use! I also have started building a rack and hopefully I'm going the right way :-)

cheers Pyscheprog

Hi guys, for now I just own the case, and I'm planning to fill it this way...
As my first modular I went for a classic synth plus a sequencer, some fxs and I/Os.
Btw I'm really new to this, so I'm not sure if this is really going to work well,
so any suggetion would be really appreciated, thanks!
ModularGrid Rack

Thread: 4 sale

Hey, are you selling this? I'd be interested if you were.

I'm making progress. Here's a list of the new "features" on version 2.....

Already added....
- Gate can be 5v or 10v via a jumper
- Single step button. Every time you press the button the sequencer moves forward a step. Makes it easier to program.
- There will have 2 versions. One is the standard circle and the other is a straight line of sliders with leds in the sliders.
- The reset in jack will respond to lower voltages.

Working on....
- Single PCB for the controls and logic. Even more skiff friendly!
- Panel will be made from PCB materials. More colors!

The king's parrot is dead.
that's no excuse for what He did.
The king is an asshole, punk.

Your rack makes me feel inadequate as a man.
-- smcumber

Naah, some people would look at it and conclude that I am compensating.

Your rack makes me feel inadequate as a man.

Hi solitud, thanks for the reply and advice. I'll watch my bank account shrink a little for sure, but I'll keep tabs I bought Pittsburgh System 90 about 2 months ago which has a couple of oscillators and a LPF/LPG. I plan to often patch it with this EFX rack I am trying to build. Both of those should really keep me occupied for quite some time, but I plan to have future additions of a sound generation rack and a modulation/sequeciung rack somewhere down the road. Probably a couple of years or if I move to a bigger apartment someday.

I'm really looking for some odd and off beat things for this rack and to maximize its sound processing capabilities. I feel like the mults and mixes will really help me create some weird chains. However, I truly won;t know until I start getting some of the gear. I'm going to start with the ins and outs, phase, delay, reverb maths and mults. The rest will come later.

Here is the System 90 ModularGrid Rack

First thing, I think you have made a good decision to go modular. Beside being horrendous expensive and a huge time hog it is also very rewarding.
I don't know every one of your chosen modules but overall the selection looks good for FX.
I think sooner or later you want to have some oscillators and filters too. After all the modular should work as a synth too?!

Thread: Portable

This is actually three separate Pittsburgh Cell 90s

Hi everyone. I am both new to modulargrid and modulars in general. Wanting to increase my sound palette, a couple of months ago I bought a Pittsburgh System 90. I also have been wanting to do efx processing on outboard gear to hopefully get a warmer, sometimes nastier more organic feel than what I can get from working in the box. After investigating multiple rack and pedal units I've come to the conclusion I could get a lot more diversity of sound and modulation from a modular. So, in summary, I am looking to build a multipurpose modular effects processor. I plan to run all sort of audio through this thing, like audio from my DAW, guitars, synths vocals, pots, pans, dogs barking, etc.

Some of the basic things I know I want are
* Phase Shifter
* Delay
* Reverb (would like really long reverbs and possibly spring)
* Distortion
* Compressor
* Filter
* Envelope follower & generator
* Ins/Outs
* Mults/Mixers

Here is the link to my Effects Processor

I plan to send clock and audio out from my DAW through the ES-3 and then audio back in to the DAW mainly through and ES-6 but sometimes directly patched into my soundcard.

I've done research, I've listened to tons of modules but I would like your opinions. Are the modules I am selecting something you like/hate/stupid/redundant/pointless etc.? Am I missing something entirely?

Also, I apologize for my redundancy to any of you that frequent gearslutz or muffwiggler as I will probably post this there as well.

Bloody nice timeline!
Slow and steady...

Are you still integrating with Ableton?
If so, thru which module?
-- mt3

Thanks a bunch :)

I'm still sending Rene's sequence to ableton via the Doepfer A-192-2 CVtoMidi module

this is a duplicate...
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/soundmachines-lp1

-edit-
sorry, missed that this was turned 180 degrees.

Bloody nice timeline!
Slow and steady...

Are you still integrating with Ableton?
If so, thru which module?

Notes:
CV Bus used in place of stackable cables & for master output to Pro Tools
Mysteron-Quantize mode; bowed-sound
DPO-OSC1 in sync mode; no modulation
Optomix-Levels adjusted throughout
Pressure Points-Ch1 controlling pitch of Mysteron & DPO in unison, set to b6-6-b7-1
Erbe-Verb-Speed set just below audio level; mixed 100% dry at beginning, then gradually mixed to 100% wet; speed, depth, pre-delay, tilt, absorb, and decay adjusted at end

Thread: Change Log

Show/hide "other/unknown" manufacturers is now set to show by default to prevent the upload of duplicates recently because users "could not find the module".

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

control by 8 channels by my new ipad zmors modular app
with expert sleepers ES3 mk2 / scarlett 18i20 (as usb to adat converter, it need to configure routing)
3: cv pitch (mfb osc-3)
3: vca (doepfer quad/exp)
2: filter cut/res (ssm)

Funny what is considered "Budget" these days.
I am interested in Pultec style EQs. Can you recommend the Analog Allstars? Other options in DIY?

Jumped into space with the addition of a Jupiter Storm cosmic noise oscillator :)

Thread: current

thanks guys! I made some metalworking on this exact machine:
studio shot
under the supervision of the operator of course, that's unsafe

Added Makenoise Mysteron yesterday! super inspired by this module :)
Heres a lil' blip of the 1st random patch with it. vintage radio as hi hat source. braids as kick. all other sounds mysteron.
http://instagram.com/p/u7EtAJgFjC/?modal=true

Cheers to Fidgit for the pic!

Thread: My gross MU

BP 1/2 yusynth sequential router
BP 3 hexinverter battery acid
BP 4 yusynth FFB
BP 5 yusynth CV standards

Thread: 3 rails

thanks. i was batting around the P workout. and will start checking out the Quadra expander. still on the fence with the dixie and the z3000. but I figured theyd be the last to be added.
also still thinking about a noise gen. kinda haveing trouble cause up until recently most of my stuff is all subtractive. so Im trying to realy focus on kinda west coast ideas

current composing rig
V synth
kurz K2000 (Cant help it I like this it adds normal)
nord modular
nord lead 2x
Moog Rogue
Moog Prodigy
Arp SOLUS
Roland SH 101

No worries about filters. If you're doing complex fm and waveshaping, you hardly need it.

I'd say you need the Quadra expander. It's cheap and really a necessity. Also, you might want a master clock still or divider. Pamelas Workout for instance.

ok so this is going to be the map of my first trip into the rabbit hole. its pretty much a makenoise shared system with extras.
its not geting bought all at once so i'm sure itll change but any comments would be appreciated. ps yes i know I have no filters at the moment.
Mike

oh you "really" cut 1 hp off each module - that is hard core -- cheers
i thought you were just randomly editing doepfer units that would be sort of messed up

How do one cut off 1 HP? You have great tools for sure!

For adding 3hp of space. I don't care about resale value, these are too awesome to part with, but having 2 row of eurorack is very limiting...

Don't worry, they are private.

?? why ? ---- i hope all these doepfer units you cut 1hp off are private

had cut 1 HP off from some doepfers. more free space

That was it! I had "Assembled Only" selected somehow! I couldn't even search the double that I had uploaded!! :) Cheers

oh! I am craving this! how is rev.2 coming along?

Hey Ginko,
ModularGrid has an advanced search now where you can define to exclude DIY modules. Probably somethings wrong with your default settings. Try to click reset or click on the Show advanced search options link in the search form.

I can follow your link to the Mikrophonie but not having a lot of luck otherwise, I have had the problem with a couple of other modules like the Nonlinearcircuits bits, they are mostly on modulargrid.net but I can only get to them by google searching...

Those are in fact the exact ones I was thinking about. Good on you for getting them on here so I can dream! I thought you might be involved in Ciat-Lonbarde somehow. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

They aren't mine - I'm guessing you mean the Fourses, Sprott, Swoops and Denum? They are Ciat-Lonbarde modules!! I uploaded them because no one else did :) They are a bit overdue now though right!!

Weird. I just searched and it came up, and it's listed under Thonk too. Wish I could do more to help you out Ginko. And, I'm really excited for your euro modules to be released!

In fact, when I search it, it still doesn't appear for me, and it doesn't appear under Thonk as a manufacturer. Any idea why that is?

Woops, sorry I searched a number of times for the Mikrophonie but somehow missed it, so I just uploaded it myself. Can I delete it?

the 3 expanders are listed under pulplogic
- this way you can choose what expanders you want to add to your volca beats -
cheers

Yes, flagged as private.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Isn't this a duplicate of this entry in the DB: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/thonk-mikrophonie ?