Hi,
I have been interested in the Varigate 4+ for a while now and recently quite a few of them have appeared for sale. I am wondering if there is a reason for that (a new module maybe?) or if it's just plain coincidence. I am looking for a simple (no screen) yet powerful melodic sequencer and it seems like it fits the bill but I'm still a bit hesitant.
Cheers

Probably just coincidence. I had one for a little while and it was a fun sequencer. The sliders were a little fiddly and using the same sliders for multiple functions got kind of confusing, but it's definitely a powerful sequencer for a smaller rack. Very hands-on, low hp, and inexpensive. I'd say if you find a good deal on one in good shape, you will probably enjoy it.
Have fun and good luck!

it is just an ok sequencer and lacks the features I needed for complex sequencing. Need to sell mine as I have an Eloquencer and better sequencers now.

It's got good features for it's size, and I would recommend it for a small case (like a 104HP 4U, for example, that's where I use mine). However, I'd recommend something larger with a more friendly user interface and more features if you have more space available.