Hi Rookie,

Thank you :-) I try to help here and there if I can, and in the hope that when I have a question in the future, there will be persons willing to help me out too :-)

Keep up the nice music-work, happy Easter and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

There's definitely problems on the horizon here. Jim's comment about "utility modules" is a very good point; you have a lot of "sexy" here, but no "sauce", because the boring modules that bring the REAL voodoo are missing. Also, loads of this could (and SHOULD) be reduced in size by using third-party builds for the Mutable stuff, which would also provide more space for the utilities, and by simply using smaller versions of the same ideas you have present. Presuming that this is a RackBrute 6U, you just don't have the room you need in 2 x 88 hp to do too much given the way things are going here. And yeah, if you opt for a different case with more room, you'll get a lot closer to the direction you're aiming for here. Remember, the Rackbrute was primarily intended as an expansion for the MicroBrute 2 and 2s, so it doesn't have to be huge because you'd have a whole other synth to patch into.

One other caveat that I seem to be giving more and more as of late: if you've not spent a MONTH or two (or more!) fiddling with, studying, and refining builds on MG, you're nowhere near the stage of dropping a wad of cash on the physical device. ModularGrid IS NOT a video game; you get no bonuses for trying to "speedrun" this process. There are loads of negatives that WILL crop up from trying to get everything right on your first MG builds, all of them rather expensive. Take this slowly, examine everything more carefully, and research deeper. You'll get a better result from it.
-- Lugia

Thank you for your recommendation regarding the MI clones. I notice that some of the clones have less HP but not all of them. Presumably, all of the clones are identical in processing and the only difference is aesthetic and layout?

The Rackbrute case is somewhat modular in that you can add another 6U to it later. I could use the TipTop Mantis which offers more HP but you can't stack another one vertically later. I guess it's just a matter of trade-offs.

Do you have any recommendations regarding utility modules that you think the rack lacks? Thanks in advance!

I want to do all of the sequencing inside the rack. Are you suggesting a Varigate 4+ in addition or replacement to the Marbles? Just checking that module out now.

-- WeAreTheProject

I would think a Varigate 4+ for more predictable sequencing and Marbles for random duties, so both together would probably be a fun combo.

Maths is way more than 2 LFOs/EGs - it also has a mixer/attenuverter section that is really useful and take a look at the Maths Illustrated Manual for patch ideas

Data takes up quite a bit of space in a small case - I'd go for the tiptop Mantis instead of the Rackbrute - about the same price, but more space and no annoying power input module!!!

Other than that I would add utility modules - the dull polish that makes the shiny modules shine brighter - which are a fundamental part of a modular synthesizer that most newbs forget as they don't understand how to patch yet so fill their cases with expensive modules
-- JimHowell1970

I know that Maths offers more versatility - I was just referencing 2 vs 4 in terms of cost per LFO/EG, if that makes sense?

I placed the Data in the rack but it's something that I would only intend to get much further down the line.

I like the design of the Rackbrute and can get it £70 cheaper than the Mantis but you make a good point about the extra HP.

What utility modules would you recommend based on what you think my rack is missing? Thanks in advance!

Hmmm... Maths is a very flexible module. It really can do a lot (check out Loopop's YouTube videos), and would probably cover many of the functions of the Quadrax and Blinds. I've got both Quadrax and Maths in a larger case and I'm finding new uses all the time. You may find a Maths/Batumi combo valuable in this case instead of Quadrax/Blinds, but everyone works differently. Maths was not immediately intuitive for me, but I'm really appreciating it now.
I question the value of the Data in a small case. It's a lot of hp, but again you know your workflow and needs better than I do. The factory build of Clouds is discontinued and you will probably pay a premium for an original build. You may want to take a look at some of the smaller clones like the Monsoon if you want to save some money and space.
Finally, will you be relying on Marbles for all of your sequencing, or do you have an external sequencer? I would take a look at something like a Varigate 4+ if you want to do some more sequencing in the case. Adding some mults and switches might be something to look into as well.
I'm sure some of the other folks here will have other valuable advice for you. Good luck and have fun!
-- farkas

You can only use maths as a single attenuverter if you need to use channel 3 as the offset though, right?

I placed the Data in the rack, however, it's something that I would only intend to get much further down the line.

I knew that Clouds was discontinued, however, the module sold well so I presumed that there would be loads of them kicking around on the second hand market. I didn't think about the prices though so I should look into that.

I want to do all of the sequencing inside the rack. Are you suggesting a Varigate 4+ in addition or replacement to the Marbles? Just checking that module out now.

I didn't add any mults because I was intending to use stackable cables but yeah a basic Doepfer switch would be a good idea.

There's definitely problems on the horizon here. Jim's comment about "utility modules" is a very good point; you have a lot of "sexy" here, but no "sauce", because the boring modules that bring the REAL voodoo are missing. Also, loads of this could (and SHOULD) be reduced in size by using third-party builds for the Mutable stuff, which would also provide more space for the utilities, and by simply using smaller versions of the same ideas you have present. Presuming that this is a RackBrute 6U, you just don't have the room you need in 2 x 88 hp to do too much given the way things are going here. And yeah, if you opt for a different case with more room, you'll get a lot closer to the direction you're aiming for here. Remember, the Rackbrute was primarily intended as an expansion for the MicroBrute 2 and 2s, so it doesn't have to be huge because you'd have a whole other synth to patch into.

One other caveat that I seem to be giving more and more as of late: if you've not spent a MONTH or two (or more!) fiddling with, studying, and refining builds on MG, you're nowhere near the stage of dropping a wad of cash on the physical device. ModularGrid IS NOT a video game; you get no bonuses for trying to "speedrun" this process. There are loads of negatives that WILL crop up from trying to get everything right on your first MG builds, all of them rather expensive. Take this slowly, examine everything more carefully, and research deeper. You'll get a better result from it.

Oh, it is! Not only do you have the MIDI over USB interfacing, the setup memories, the expandability...you ALSO get arpeggiation and some basic sequencing trickery. Really, this module is the sort of thing you'd expect Billy Mays to be screaming at you about on late-nite TV...it even makes a killer grilled cheese!

Maths is way more than 2 LFOs/EGs - it also has a mixer/attenuverter section that is really useful and take a look at the Maths Illustrated Manual for patch ideas

Data takes up quite a bit of space in a small case - I'd go for the tiptop Mantis instead of the Rackbrute - about the same price, but more space and no annoying power input module!!!

Other than that I would add utility modules - the dull polish that makes the shiny modules shine brighter - which are a fundamental part of a modular synthesizer that most newbs forget as they don't understand how to patch yet so fill their cases with expensive modules

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hmmm... Maths is a very flexible module. It really can do a lot (check out Loopop's YouTube videos), and would probably cover many of the functions of the Quadrax and Blinds. I've got both Quadrax and Maths in a larger case and I'm finding new uses all the time. You may find a Maths/Batumi combo valuable in this case instead of Quadrax/Blinds, but everyone works differently. Maths was not immediately intuitive for me, but I'm really appreciating it now.
I question the value of the Data in a small case. It's a lot of hp, but again you know your workflow and needs better than I do. The factory build of Clouds is discontinued and you will probably pay a premium for an original build. You may want to take a look at some of the smaller clones like the Monsoon if you want to save some money and space.
Finally, will you be relying on Marbles for all of your sequencing, or do you have an external sequencer? I would take a look at something like a Varigate 4+ if you want to do some more sequencing in the case. Adding some mults and switches might be something to look into as well.
I'm sure some of the other folks here will have other valuable advice for you. Good luck and have fun!

I'm looking to purchase my first Eurorack with drone / ambient in mind.

Any advise or criticism before I purchase anything would be greatly appreciated!

I was considering using a Maths or Stages instead of a Quadrax. I know that Maths has a much longer LFO rate but it only offers two EG's / LFO's. Thoughts?

ModularGrid Rack

Awesome! thank you Lugia and Senor-Bling for your great feedback! I'll be watching more tutorials about the FH-2, seems like this module is a rabbit hole in it self ha!

Thank you very much for your remarks!
They make me very happy and you have such a kind attitude in all your posts in MG:s forums.

What Lugia said, basically. If you want to do more than sequencing drum modules with an Elektron device the FH-2 is perfect. Because the best thing about Elektron's Midi sequencers is their ability to plock Midi CC. And most other Midi-CV modules severely limit the CCs one can use. As far as versatility is concerned the FH-2 has very little competition (Endorphines Shuttle Control, Polyend Poly 2), but the option to expand it up to 64 outputs makes it unique (in fact, you could have 64 CV + 64 gate outputs). So far I've got 3 expansion modules and I could easily use a few more. The initial setup isn't exactly intuitive but it's so worth it - and most importantly it just works.

My vote goes for the FH-2 here. Here's why...

First of all, it's intended to work as a USB host. This is a tad different, because it means you can connect MIDI-over-USB devices directly to it. This will result in a bit better timing, but also in that you can use the FH-2 to connect pretty much any USB controller into your modular rig...and your DAW, too.

Second, while it does require a bit more programming savvy, once it HAS been programmed for your use, then there's little need to do that again. But the FH-2 improves on this by adding some extra operational modes AND by allowing memories for different setups. So, let's say you're using this with the Digitakt in your studio, but you need to gig live with it being controlled by a Keystep. Simple...just switch your preset to a different one, plug in the appropriate device, and there you are!

Third: MPE, baybee!!! Yeah, you can hook up something like a Linstrument to it, and as long as the FH-2 has been taught what to do with it, you're golden. You can also assign any of the MPE controls to a CV output, so...well, that's a rabbit hole in of itself!

Last: expandability. If your modular grows, the FH-2 can grow...up to 7 more FHX-1 expanders can be linked to it for a maximum of 64 assignable outs.

And, oh yeah...you can use it to auto-calibrate your VCO tunings. Smooth!

Hello fellow Wigglers! this is my first post, please be gentle :)

I recently ordered an Elektron Digitakt and it'll be a great standalone device but I would love to incorporate it into my current rig.
Youtube has already given me good options like the Mutant Brain, Hermod, Polyend Poly, and the Expert Sleepers FH-2. The CV OCD was also another option but i would prefer to keep everything contained in my eurorack. If anyone has ever had any experience in this situation i would deeply appreciate some sage advice. I definitely would like to future proof and have some versatility with whatever module i do end up going with!

The Mutant Brain seems optimal in terms of price and size and the favorite of the bunch from what I've seen and read but I'm a little intimated by the mutant brain surgery set up. My personal preference is the Hermod although i might be distracted by all the bells and whistles it has among the midi to CV capability not to mention a lot of menu diving.

My current set up:
- Main voice and sequencing is Intellijel Atlantis/Metropolis ( tasty tones, sh101 is one of my favs)
- Drums are a couple tiptop audio 808 modules and peaks in bass drum mode with a 4MS RCD tiggering
- Mutable Intruments Clouds with parasite firmware for FX (and music concrete magic)
- Make Noise Brains and pressure points transposing metropolis or triggering other things
- Bastl ABC and MI Veils as my mixer and vca
- Intellijel uJack sending out to my interface or headphones
I know I'm missing some plumbing and other useful modules but i have minimal space in my 84hp Doepfer rack.

My main goal was to have a eurorack able to handle late night acid jams and more experimental soundscapes and its certainly capable of both but with the addition of the Digitakt I'll be able to free up space (i.e, get rid of the drum section) for the midi to cv module and other versatile options!

Sorry for the long post! thank you for taking the time to read this and for your input!

• Keep on racking in the free world

Hi Rookie,

Again, after a hard day work, then listening at your music, this track, fantastic! I couldn't wish for more, other than one more of your tracks ;-)

I still love the view of your rack, it's a nice combination!

Kind regards and I look forward for your next track, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Plaits and 2hp Pluck plays the chord sequence Am Dm Bdim and Em. Minibrute VCO1 and a Disting sampled flute plays an A minor pentatonic scale randomly.

I bought from @yari an Intellijel Morgasmatron and it was as new.
Excellent communication and fast delivery.
Highly recommended!!!!

Hey Farkas,

The Happy Nerding mixers are really interesting, in fact I used the 3x stereo mixer in the first draft of this rack but finally replaced it with the Intellijel Mixup because it can do 2xmono and 2xstereo plus it has mutes, which I think I'll be using quite often.

I've heard mixed opinions about the Morphagene and I'm eager to give it a try anyway. I'll be purchasing it last, just in case, because it takes a lot of space which I may decide it's better used with some other modules.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Hi Saramago,

You wrote: Sent a trigger from beatstep to kick, mult it to the doepfer envelope, envelope out to vca but no luck, still a lot of decay.

Hmm, are you splitting many signals from your multiple to the envelope? If yes, is that a buffered multiple? If not, then try a buffered multiple otherwise nothing comes to mind. Which envelope are you using, would that be the A-140(-1)? If yes, if you need a quick response then don't forget to put the switch on the A-140 to M (medium) or even H (high) speed, so the EG can follow your rhythm. Needless to say that the D(ecay) knob should be at 2 or less for your case. The VCA you are using, which one is that?

Good luck with the troubleshooting and kind regards, Garfield Modular.
-- GarfieldModular

Thanks mate !
Will try for sure

Hey Garfield Modular:) It is what I already have.
Yes sure, once it is full and if still in need of more modules then the DFAM will certainly be the first one to come out and go back to its case:) But will try to first make sure that I cannot make do with a full case as it is for now. Thanks

Hi Sislte,

Wow! You got your case from the video quite a bit updated and transformed to a rather large modular system :-) Yes, I agree, seeing the real thing is nicer :-) However for planning the "My Modular" racks are nice to use and are very helpful.

How is your experience with the DPO of Make Noise, is it worth the investment? I am (extremely) happy with the STO of Make Noise but I wonder (looking at the price) if the DPO can cause me that much pleasure as well?

Enjoy your modular system and kind regards, Garfield.

Hi Yiannisel,

The above rack, is that what you are planning to have or did you got that already?

In my opinion, I would either go for an extra rack for some extra space, so you don't have much planning-worries about those 21 HP or, the cheapest solution, remove the DFAM and put that back in its own casing, that saves you here almost one third of your rack space... well at least 60 HP :-)

Kind regards and good luck, Garfield Modular.

Available for purchase here: http://detroitunderground.net/modular/du-ino/

Again, big thanks!

Both cases are available here:
ModularGrid Rack
ModularGrid Rack

Even though that isn't really the same thing as seeing them for real!

ganymede published this text on all of the forums and has been equally casuistic and agitated about the response everywhere. Best ignored, I'd say.

• I have an issue with Thonk caused by X and Z, here's my story with no details
  • Really, can you explain this a bit more though ? This is too vague.
  • I have an issue with Thonk caused by Y
  • Wait, where is X and Z now ?
  • I will now stop explaining.

Indeed, let's leave the public to decide.

--- Voltage control all the things ---

Not to beat a dead horse, but the facts are laid out about as plainly as i can make them. I am not going to post any further detail, and will not be including private correspondence to illustrate the episode as that is beyond the pale of the intent i had in making this publicly known.

It will stand as is, people who read it may be able to take heed and use caution being informed as they now are about this man and his way of treating customers. Believe it or not? It's up to you. But i know myself which company will never see another red cent of my money, and that's a word i can be sure of keeping to. Do as you will, it's your choice.

First post speaks about a "misread comment" and implies the refund is blocked by an "expected apology", all that is gone in the second post... Apparently Thonk answered when you initiated the Paypal claim, but that is left out. The "misread comment" is also left out. According to my calculations, 2 weeks after the 24th of March was yesterday, a bit more than a week after the set deadline, which isn't completely out of the understandable realm given that Thonk proposed a refund because of delays I'm assuming. So far, it looks like you're PayPal claiming someone because they are late. I'm also not getting the "urgent purchase" during the confinement times, I certainly wouldn't count on accurate delivery times lately, wouldn't even be surprised if PayPal takes it into account. I'd like to sympathize with you but I need a coherent story.

There is a whole marketplace on this website...accessed with the (quite obvious) blue button labelled "Offer on Marketplace".

ModularGrid Rack

Hey guys:)

I need some opinions. This is my rack till so far. I have 21 hp space left and was looking for recommendations about what I should go for next.

The style im usually playing/hoping to achieve ranges depending on the occasion, from techno, industrial techno, to melody/arpeggiated lines in the likes of colin benders/steevio(i wish it was that good, just giving an example as to the style). Ambient/experimental is another genre but i think that can be achieved with the appropriate patching.

Patches usually involve the pitch of the Dfam sequencer and Stages going into the a138-2 matrix mixer and blending the two to varying degrees to alter sequences on the fly before going to uscale for quantazing.
Temps utile is on clock duty. Rampage, Tides (again blended in the matrix mixer) and remaining gates of stages provide modulation for the rest of the modules.
Dfam provides percussive or bass sounds depending on the style, same with the Basimilus. Also I take the 2nd VCO of DFAM out separately from the whole VCA, giving me any additional voice that goes usually goes through the MN LPG.
Elements is for percussive stuff, or more droney depending if going for experimental

In addition to the rack, i have a semi-modular dreadbox erebus which gives me another 2 voices,
Also an elektron AR taking care of the drums so im not so keen on using the remaining space for drum modules, and an octatrack for looping the modular or occassional pre-recorded background loops.

I really like Verbos modules and of course Cwejman but prices mean have to wait for a really good deal or waiting to save more.

Thanks for any recommendations:)

I was sent an e-mail, as all customers with outstanding orders were, on March 24th, giving me the option of three choices to go forward with my order:

1. immediate refund.
  2. wait for delivery, but accept a very long delay
  3. receive credit note for full amount plus 15%

I told him i would have to take the refund, as the items i required were urgent, and i would have to go elsewhere to buy them.

He did not respond with a refund, even after the date of 29th March set out in the e-mail. So i followed it up several times, with no reply.

The first response i got was two weeks after the initial request for a refund, once i had opened a PayPal case against them, for items not received.

I did not initiate a request for a refund, but was forced to make the choice, and note it stated 'immediate' refund, so two weeks later i'm still waiting for that refund. Now i will get it from PayPal, but it needn't have been so difficult. He did not keep his word, and has made me run about trying to get what was promised.

That is bad faith practice for any business, and in the current climate it is to be expected your customers might have limited resources to work with. I am out for the cost of my items twice, having bought from two sellers now, one of which is withholding my money out of petty personal reasons. That to me spells 'unprofessional' in glaring neon letters. Make of it what you will.

Thank you.

I should note that this is all a tad vague. You give no actual, verbatim examples in a disagreement where the verbatim record might clear the situation up. Instead, your response is to troll Thonk, which of course will simply make your situation worse.

If you're going to lob crap at a longstanding and respected vendor, you'd better be willing to post ALL the details, not merely a sanitized one-sided screed. If there IS a problem, and you know about it, then I would think that you would want the modular community to know exactly what that is. But this looks far more self-serving and makes me think that the problem probably doesn't lie with Thonk.

So, if this is for real, explain.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but if I create a patch, then edit its name before hitting the save button, the patch is reset to nothing and the work is lost. If its too much to fix it, maybe just say "Save the patch before naming it!".

Wonderful useful site!

Steve Grimley-Taylor (user Monobass on Muffwiggler) is flouting UK trade laws by refusing to refund my payment outside of the PayPal dispute i have had to open against his company Thonk Ltd (www.thonk.co.uk). This is all because he misread a comment i made in an e-mail and is now expecting an apology for a slight which wasn't even given. I am going to place this message in every forum i have access to, so that people can see that the company is operated by a person who doesn't have any concern for customer service, and believes it is ok to drag things out to cause distress and inconvenience to a repeat customer.

Do not buy from Thonk Ltd if you dislike these petty grievance practices and the way they disregard customer care.

Vpme.de Euclidean Circles
inkl. Six Switches
Top zustand.
Paypal und Versand, alles möglich .

Modules not shown:
Turing Machine: I still have not been able to find why I am not getting sufficient Voltage differences on the output between pulses.
Ripples: Starting to Build it! My first SMD project.

My case actually has one more row of 1U then shown.. I haven't bought the rails yet.
I have a Behringer Neutron, an Arturia Microfreak, and an new Dreadbox Typhon.

Modules I'd like to add:
I would like to add direct MIDI In and out.. I am waiting for the Intellijel uMIDI1u to make its way to my local Modular store (Patchwerks.com)

Advice is advice, whether "PRO" or not. The key is in what you do with it. Audi 5000...

Hi Saramago,

You wrote: Sent a trigger from beatstep to kick, mult it to the doepfer envelope, envelope out to vca but no luck, still a lot of decay.

Hmm, are you splitting many signals from your multiple to the envelope? If yes, is that a buffered multiple? If not, then try a buffered multiple otherwise nothing comes to mind. Which envelope are you using, would that be the A-140(-1)? If yes, if you need a quick response then don't forget to put the switch on the A-140 to M (medium) or even H (high) speed, so the EG can follow your rhythm. Needless to say that the D(ecay) knob should be at 2 or less for your case. The VCA you are using, which one is that?

Good luck with the troubleshooting and kind regards, Garfield Modular.

ModularGrid Rack

Hey guys, so this is my current eurorack case and im thinking what modules should i go next.

Was thinking about the Shapeshifter but everytime i look and see other opinions everyone says that is a very hard module and very complex . Is it that hard to learn ? I have some elektron boxes , so im a little used to menus . I was thinking ShapeShifter because it is exceeds at FM and wavetable but i allready have a Monomachine so dont want to overlap stuff

Other module could be the Beatbox, 16 channels of samples but i have to get another sequencer for it (have beatstep pro) it only has 8 trigger channels and the other sequence ones i use to sequence Braids, Dixie or Rings .

Thinking also about Warps from MI so i have other kinda of fx unit to mess around with my others VCOs mainly Dixie because is the module i use less

Was thinking also in Plonk, think is gonna bring some nice sound pallete i dont have

Have a 2hp kick , really like is sound but it has allways a lot of decay, can someone please explain to me with the modules i have how to patch so i can cut a lot of decay..? (Sent a trigger from beatstep to kick, mult it to the doepfer envelope, envelope out to vca but no luck, still a lot of decay)

Have some drums in my case but maybe gonna sell them because i allready have Elektron Rytm , so dont want more drums in my rack.

Other machines i have in my studio are Elektrons ,A4, Rytm, Octatrack and Monomachine. Also have a old Korg FM Synth and a MFB Dominion X that is a great synth with a very good sound for basses, leads etc... Has 3 oscillators and accepts cv gate triggers

My kind of music is house, sometimes more Techno or Microhouse

Love my modular modules but dont want to overlap things , so looking for modules that can give me other sound that i dont have

Now because the Coronavirus im not working, so its a great time to get plans and get things working together

Also im not a super modular guy now, have my modular around 1 year so your opinion is well apreciated !

Thanks guys, take care

@joaozinho - great seller, safe packaging and very fast delivery from abroad!

Thank u again! Like I understood, this System will make sense for the start into Eurorack. A second case for sequencing is comming then by the end of the year but first I need to explore all the modules and get them to know. Thanks for your help so far :)

Hey all, here is my 808 kick patch.. With Yarns triggering rené for classic 4/4 kick pattern, the gate out of rené is split with Links into triggers 1 and 2 on Maths. Polaris as a sine wave with cutoff all the way down and reso full up for the base of the sound, Polaris goes into a vca (gain 0, cv all the way up), this vca is controlled by out 1 on maths, also the fm1 input of Polaris on out 2. Maths is acting as an enveloppe with the cycle led off. Just mess around with the enveloppes parameters on Maths to taste. The VCA out is going trough Rosie, and Rosie to my soundcard. Hope you like this patch :D

You are waaay too kind!!

Anything stereo all comes from 3 things which various signals go through, mono signals go into --> Erica Pico DSP, 2HP Verb and Monsoon Clouds ==> Stereo out. I don't have any way to pan anything at the moment.

Thanks

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Hello Wishbonebrewery,

Yes! Yet another track from you, always nice to listen at :-) I sat in my "listening chair" and soon I had the feeling I was sitting inside a huge kind of old fashion clock. I was very intrigued by the sounds you produced. Nicely done!

One small remark, but it might be just me, did I hear it correctly that most of the sounds were either in the stereo-middle or on the left channel? I don't think I heard much on the right channel (other than the stereo-middle)?

I like your picture as well, those pictures getting nicer by each time and the number of patch cables are increasing too, isn't it? :-) I love that, your patches are getting more complicated and your compositions keep intriguing me. So, impatiently, I am waiting for your next track!

Thank you very much for sharing and good luck with your music, kind regards, Garfield.

Hi Sislte,

Then I am not only looking forward to your next track but to your next video about your most recent modular case too ;-)

Thank you very much for sharing and kind regards, Garfield.

That case has filled out quite a lot since that video was recorded. And I have another, hehe.

Thank you very much for listening and commenting. It means the world to me! And thanks for the tip about Pyrolator, I'll check it out.

"Trying out some Drone stuff, all 3 outputs on the Make Noise STO used into Mutable Veils which is also mixing in some 2hp Vowel and some fairly random samples played in via the Disting mk4, all that then goes into the Monsoon Clouds. Clouds is then Modulated via DPW Design AV-1 (Lovely bit of kit), then there is some subtle 2hp Pluck and Bell going on. Part of the modulation comes from the Noise Engineering Clep Diaz and part from the WMD / SSF ADSRVCA on looping mode kinda LFO-like. Pitch from the Pittsburgh Modular MicroSequence is messing with the samples in Disting."
Cheers

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

You're right, Links is a mult. And a clever one. But I would advise 1 Links plus 1 Buff Mult (for example), saving room in the rack, and getting up to 6 outputs with that one... It's a question of philosophy, variety of species ;)
Disting surely merits its nickname. But like a spare wheel, I hope you won't always need two.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).
https://soundcloud.com/petrus-major/tracks

Thanks for sharing ur thoughts. Is‘nt it possible to use Links as a Mult? I choose 2 Distings because everybody say its a swiss army knife and can do so many things, or am I wrong?