I'm a big fan of Klaus Schulze's "Body Love" soundtracks (the one with the white cover and a song called "Blanche" especially). Highly recommended.

this user has left ModularGrid

So looked at some options and updated my mobile support rig for use with my Endorphin.es Shuttle System:

ModularGrid Rack

I put O&C plus for support tools to complement the Apex module for plenty of modulation, envelopes and so forth plus it has a quantizer and other goodies. Plum Audio has a sale so I saved 10% and free shipping. I may swap that out with Disting EX in my other case and Ladik dual trigger delay when it arrives or just put these in my Doepfer 6u case for a second support case with the Shuttle System. So now I have two good travel cases one that lies flat and can use 1u modules for sequencers, mixers and support modules to use for jams and what not.

A better idea: get an adder module. These look like 2-4 hp mults, but what they actually do is to add two signals together. So you could send the signal and an offset voltage into one and get the composite signal you're looking for. Also, another mixer that you might have a look at is Erogenous Tones' LEVIT8, which can either be configured as an eight channel mixer/attenuator or two four-in mixers. To use this in that 8x1 configuration, you'd want to first route one signal each through something like this: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/shakmat-modular-sumdif to put offsets on. At that point, you'd have a pair of adders with that Shakmat module, so if you also wanted to use the 2x4 config, that would be similarly doable. And if there's nothing you can use for the offset source, put one of these in: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/2hp-dc and there you go!

The fun thing with "Blackdance", though, is that Klaus went TOO FAR with the Compact A. There was so much out of phase signal that, if you summed the tracks down to mono, the lead line would completely disappear. Horrible engineering error...but Brain had this idea that they could put a bit on the jacket saying that you could listen in mono to "hear an interesting effect." Ha!

BTW, if "Blackdance" didn't click with you, check "X". That double set is astonishing...save for the fact that the CD reissue includes a really ugly live mangling of his "Ludwig II von Bayern" by a pickup orchestra that's no fun after you've heard the REAL version. Easily avoidable, thankfully.

Just go listen to Klaus's "Blackdance" album, where you can hear the Compact "A" in all its glory. That's ALSO sort of the reason the Hendrickson's in there, tbh...500 lbs of 100% groovy Kraut sound, but available and AFFORDABLE. And no, you can't have mine.
-- Lugia
@Lugia - had about an hour of travel time in the car today for Thanksgiving and listened to the Blackdance album...it was interesting and I did listen to it all but will have to admit it wasn't quite my cup of tea...but I did give Klaus another shot and listened to 'Silhouettes' on my hour drive home and I really enjoyed that album.

JB

NB Hendrickson is discontinued (& has been for a while) - maybe a few left in shops though
-- JimHowell1970

Easily fixable, though...just drop a Strymon AA.1 or Malekko SND/RTN into the Hendrickson's slot. 1 hp smaller in both cases, but that only takes $3 to fix with a blank.

fx aid has decent bit reduction - with the xl there's a dedicated cv input for it and it's available over all algorithms - some of which are distortion type things - personally I'd go with that and beads - leaves more space for important things like utilities then
-- JimHowell1970

Thank you very much for that. I had no idea that the FX Aid XL had bit reduction functionality. It looks like a very good option.

I will keep that in mind.

All the best

Hi Garfield,

Thanks yeah it is really a great modular system and pairs up well with the Make Noise Shared System and ALM Super Coupe. I will create a video on jam with it and the Make Noise Shared System. I like using tempi and rene to sequence the Furthrrrr Generator on the Endorphin.es Shuttle Control with it.

Hi Sacguy71,

Nice to see the Endorphin.es Shuttle System in action! :-) Yeah that Furthrrrr Generator module is a great one, I had tested it at my local dealer, still on my wish list :-)

So what's next? A jam with the Shuttle System together with the Shared System? :-) Thanks a lot for sharing this with us, enjoy your Shuttle System and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Garfield,
Thanks, I appreciate your feedback.
Glad you listen some kind of jazzy-ambient stuff as I'd pretended in this patch :).
Regards!

the only module that can do both attenuation and offset per channel, that I know of, is the happy nerding 3*MIA - but you'd need 3 if you want a channel per ochd output

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Had fun experimenting with my new Endorphin.es Shuttle System and love the sounds

Furthrrrr Generator and Grand Terminal are pure awesomeness. I also just received Queen of Pentacles and Ground Control to pair with it in a palette case. It will be my mobile eurorack setup moving forward.

the 4th sentence (separated out for convenience) is the relevant one - but even looking at the controls it's kind of obvious that a single channel cannot do both attenuation and offset - only 1 knob, no switch
-- JimHowell1970

I agree

NB Hendrickson is discontinued (& has been for a while) - maybe a few left in shops though

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

fx aid has decent bit reduction - with the xl there's a dedicated cv input for it and it's available over all algorithms - some of which are distortion type things - personally I'd go with that and beads - leaves more space for important things like utilities then

this is the modulargrid product page and Pusherman description

"ATN8 is an eight channel signal processor. It can be used as an attenuator, attenuverter, offset generator, mixer and CV source. A bicolor LED accompanies each channel to provide visual feedback of the output level. Each channel is normaled to the next one so it can be used as a mixer as well.

If there's no input on a channel, a selectable 5 or 10V is normaled to the input, these can be selected in two groups of four with the switches on top.

There are switches for each channel to select between unipolar or bipolar modes."

the 4th sentence (separated out for convenience) is the relevant one - but even looking at the controls it's kind of obvious that a single channel cannot do both attenuation and offset - only 1 knob, no switch

why don't you get the es-8 instead of the mixer? That way you can multitrack your set up.

I bought this module myself last year in november or december. At that time, user documentation was very limited and hard to understand. The module was being discussed on the modwiggler forum though. IIRC build documentation was pretty good.

The current manual dates from february of this year.

If you need the voltage offset, this module requires the channel above the channel to be offset to provide the voltage. So in effect it's 8 channels, but only 4 can provide offset. I got it to provide offset to OCHD, so this was a disappointment. This could be better documented.
-- mntbighker

seems perfectly well documented to me - I just did a quick scan of the 1 paragraph of documentation and understood perfectly how it works - I think the issue you have is in comprehension NOT documentation

maybe you will learn next time to ask questions about things you don't understand fully, before buying!

great functionality but using it (at least for me) is pain, pots are too small and too close to each other and to jack inputs

Hi all.

I am building a small 3u rack with Beads as a core component. Recently, the Data Bender has been reeling me in with its bit reduction and general grit. There seems to be a sonic overlap with Beads and the Data Bender.

Is it overkill to include both in a small FX focused rig?

The following video is similar to what I have in mind.

https://m.

Thank you.

Thank you TumeniKnobs and GarfieldModular for taking your time to listen and your kind remarks!

could I somehow integrate my TR-8S with this setup? say using the Hendrickson? and then in turn somehow use the external IN on the TR-8S for the stompbox world?
-- jb61264

Hell, yeah! That's definitely one of the reasons for the Hendrickson...you can get anything you want OUT, and it'll come right back IN at the same place. An even CRAZIER device for stompboxes that you might dig is this little monstrosity from Electro-Harmonix: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TriParMix--electro-harmonix-tri-parallel-mixer Yep...three PARALLEL channels of stompers, with controllable routings, all fed from and going to the same mono I/O. To me, this is the REAL thing to use there, as you can put three different boxes on its send/returns and just go utterly NUTS. Not only do I have one and dig the hell out of it, it inspired me to create a LARGER and stereo parallel setup for my outboard effects, employing a Studio Technologies stereo 1-8 stereo distro amp for send splitting, and a Rane SM-26B stereo splitter/mixer to mix returns.

And if you don't have one, get one of these for the FX chain: aJkAAOSw5YFgr78b" target="_blank">https://www.ebay.com/itm/324774960630?hash=item4b9e189df6aJkAAOSw5YFgr78b That monstrosity was a collab between E-H and the guy who founded Mutron way back in the early 1970s. It's a semi-clone of Mutron's Bi-Phase...of which I can guarantee you that you'll either never find one or you don't have the credit rating necessary to afford one. But also, this E-H phaser is about the only semi-available thing that can get into the utterly unobtainable Schulte Compact "A" turf. Just go listen to Klaus's "Blackdance" album, where you can hear the Compact "A" in all its glory. That's ALSO sort of the reason the Hendrickson's in there, tbh...500 lbs of 100% groovy Kraut sound, but available and AFFORDABLE. And no, you can't have mine.

Done! I opted for a total rebuild, since it seems that you're aiming more for ideas. So, this is actually in a different case, since I know what a PITA it is to haul buttloads of small boxes. I opted to redo the entire thing in THIS: https://reverb.com/item/38708935-15u-126-hp-84-104-hp-or-other-eurorack-portable-case-powered-modular-synthesizer-patched-reseal Case From Lake has this KILLER 126 hp x 5 cab with beefy Meanwells for about a grand, and it's small enough to still fit in an overhead compartment. Having the FIVE rows made the layout make a lot more sense, with the ability to get more space AND set up a coherent signal flow. So....
ModularGrid Rack
Note that all cased/powered devices have been removed.

ROW 1: Added a Doepfer A-119 for an external audio in + envelope follower. Then there's an Erica 2x4/1x8 buffered mult because we've got a load of stuff here that might need it. After that, a PAIR of Plaits is tandemmed with a Buchla 258t for loads of FM and klangy fun. These feed a Veils, with a VCA for each VCO out, and then this hits a Doepfer A-138s. After that set, you then have the 4ms Ensemble Oscillator feeding a Rossum Panharmonium...this combo will output one of the thickest, juiciest sounds ever. This goes through an After Later dual VCA based on the Veils topology, and after that is a second Doepfer A-138s. The second mixer is there in case you want to add ALL sources...send the first mixer's out to 1 and 2, then the 4ms/Rossum/After Later combo can go to 3 and 4, with a resulting stereo out combining ALL oscillator sources if desired.

ROW 2: This is envelopes and character filters. This row has a Manhattan x4 mult at both ends. Then you've got Erogenous Tones' awesome RADAR/PING combo. Imagine a multiple EG sequencer. Yeah. All eight of the EGs in the RADAR can be controlled from the PING...a really over the top AR generator! Zadar and Nin next...this is your "programmable" EGs, with four of those out. Then I put the Doepfer A-140-2 back so that you can have a pair of easily-tweakable ADSRs. Then, for character VCFs, I added a G-Storm Jupiter-6 clone, a Tiptop Forbidden Planet (Steiner Synthacon VCF clone...HOWLING leads!), a Doepfer HPF...and then, see that filter and the 2hp delay? They're the same thing, actually; the Doepfer A-106-1 is not only a clone of the Korg MS-20's Sallen-Key pair, it has a very eeeeeeeevil little addition: an INSERT in the resonance path, which is what the delay's there for. Imagine echoes that gradually get more and more lo-fi and glitchy. That. But the best is last: a G-Storm clone of the famous Syrinx VCF...which also has a 4-in mixer on front, so if you wanted, you could mix all four of those at the Gyrinx VCF and THEN impose all of these various formant spectra onto it via the Gyrinx.

ROW 3: Modulation and "main" stereo VCFs. Again, this row is bookended by those Manhattan mults. We start with the Disting, which I've positioned for use by a number of different control modules. Then the little Quad LFO from Doepfer, followed by your Batumi, which I've added the Poti expander to here. Then there's a Buchla 281t for not only 2-stage envelopes on loop or one-shot...but this can also output quadrature-shifted modulation. Twice, actually...two EGs per quadrature output. And why stop there with the Buchla stuff, so next is their 257t...one of the best CV manglers around. Then where the filters start, I put in that famous Buchla "ploonk" via a 292t Quad Lowpass Gate. As for the main stereo VCFs, I picked some winners: Intellijel's Morgasmatron and Mutable's Blades.

ROW 4: More Buchla-in-yer-face! This starts with the famous Buchla Source of Uncertainty, which includes noise, sample and hold, and of course all of Don's wild randomness voodoo. The Marbles clone follows this, as it might be fun to generate even further randomization of already-randomized CVs. Generative? Hellz yeah! Logic's next, then the 4-1 sequential switch, and after that is Klavis's CalTrans, a quad quantizer. Since the sequential switch can either go 1 to 4 OR 4 to 1, this lets you choose if you want to switch between single input sources, or to switch four signals across one output. I opted to follow that with Intellijel's Shifty, a quad analog shift register...this replaced the arpeggiator, as you can do things like that with this module, or just go totally off and ping CVs all over the place. The MISO actually is part of the row 3 complement, but I put it down lower for better tweaking and because the space simply wasn't there in row 3. It's a killer polarizer/mixer/scrambler for modulation. Then I put in a Veils clone (due to space limitations) for some modulation-dedicated VCAs. After that are effects, starting with the Gristleizer VCF (I couldn't make the TG VCA go in there, sadly), then the Soma dual delay, and then your Microcell. The row closes out with the full FX Aid.

ROW 5: Sequencing and control. This starts with the Tempi/Rene combo. Those two modules are designed to work together via backplane connections, and replicate the primary functions of the Pam's while, at the same time, offering a 4 x 4 pad sequencer/controller. I put the dual VCS after that so that you can bounce around the Rene outputs, etc easily. The Steppy follows this, providing clocked sequential pulses over four channels (and you'll notice how close it is to the Doepfer sequential switch...hint hint). This is then followed by the triple switch, letting you scramble between sources. Given the amount of sequencing and clocking, this set of switches can function as a sort of sequential source router if needed...aside of a bunch of other possible things. Then I went all in on the random sequencer with the next-gen Turing Machine, a full version of the Greyscale Permutations. After this, there's eight exponential VCAs to act as the "front ends" for the final mixer, where I opted for one of Jim's faves, the Tesseract TexMix series...in this case, a pair of mono input modules and the master module. This not only gives you eight mono channels, you have two mono AUX sends and two stereo returns, plus a master fader and your headphone preamp. Using this, you can parallel the effects over the mix, instead of being reliant on the 'wet/dry' controls. And last but not least, Happy Nerding's Isolator, which gives you transformer isolation from external crud AND a transformer that you can hit a little harder so that you get that tasty "big iron" sound.

No power supplies? Right. This CFL sucker has that more than covered. Need more? Have CFL toss another Meanwell in that thing. And of course, this follows an up-left/down-right pattern, which has the modulation and CV coming up from the left side, with the audio going back down toward the TexMix on the right via the VCFs. And if it seems that this is a little underequipped, keep in mind that you can always break out the character filters as mono devices and send them on to the TexMix.

This isn't bad...and given that I also made it portable (yeah! 15U and portable!) means that you've now got a potent boxful of stuff and things that you can fold up and tote yourself. So, that's how I would approach this as a full rework.

Thanks Lugia and I’ll check out polycinematic as well as save up for a Sinfonion.

Got out the clawhammer and had a go....

As a synth in of itself...well, it's not one. But as an extension complement for the MB2...oh, hell yes. Everything here plays nicely with the MB2's patch I/O levels, so what I designed was JUST an extender...but a really capable one. This'll take that synth right on into WTF? territory pretty easy-like!

@Lugia - awesome, that's exactly what I wanted..."WTF territory" as an extender to the Minibrute2 :) so let me throw in one little twist...could I somehow integrate my TR-8S with this setup? say using the Hendrickson? and then in turn somehow use the external IN on the TR-8S for the stompbox world?

JB

Thanks, Garfield :)
All sounds come from the Just Friends so that module + QPAS are responsible for all the beats here. I used the OP-1 for sequencing and pitch CV only.
Thanks again!
Gabor

I am inspired by birth, death and the events inbetween.

https://youtube.com/@aphewgoodman

Got out the clawhammer and had a go....
ModularGrid Rack
In this case, you won't see any I/O between the synth and the modules, save for the Links which is still there for final redistribution of signals with multiple destinations, etc. Since this is intended as an extender for the Minibrute2, I left that out altogether.

So...P/S, Pam's, XODES logic (for screwing around with Pam's, etc), and the Disting. But then, I added a quadrature LFO, which will allow you to have modulation curves that "chase" or "cancel/invert" simultaneously with the normal output. And for screwing with modulation, the Buchla 257t...when it comes out in a few months...is just what this calls for. After that, three linear VCAs for modulation and other control signal amplitude control, then there's an SSF Ultrafold for messing with both CV/mod AND audio. Warps and Beads follow, then I put in a Bastl Hendrickson which now gives you a stompbox send/return path for the build...leaving you with almost infinite options for audio scrambling. And then at the end, Links.

As a synth in of itself...well, it's not one. But as an extension complement for the MB2...oh, hell yes. Everything here plays nicely with the MB2's patch I/O levels, so what I designed was JUST an extender...but a really capable one. This'll take that synth right on into WTF? territory pretty easy-like!

I have an Acid labs Chainsaw polyphonic module sorta on the way. What modules would you recommend to pair up with it to get maximum benefits? I have a sequencer, function/lfos and things like that for it.
-- sacguy71

This: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/feedback-106-chorus Supersaw-type waveforms + some good chorusing = DREAMY!

Hi Gabor,

Great experimental track indeed with jazzy influences :-) I love the interesting percussion sounds you are using here! Did you managed the percussions by the OP-1?

Thanks a lot for sharing with us and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Nokulture,

He, he, what started nice and quietly became pretty fast rhythmic and fun. Nice and daring but successful I feel, you stopped about half way the percussion, waited a bit and continued yet with another rhythm, it becomes a bit of jazzy-ambient, I like that approach and wouldn't mind to hear more of such a like :-)

Thanks a lot for this interesting jam and kind regards, Garfield.

Hi Rookie,

Long time haven't heard from you, glad to hear your new track that's beautifully done! Nice relaxed yet intriguing, well done :-)

Thank you very much for sharing this with us and kind regards, Garfield.

I had good experience just getting a Doepfer monster case and monster base case and using smaller cases for sequencers, mixers and tools. Now I’m saving up for another monster case to use in the future with larger modules from Frap Tools, Serge, Buchla abs Instruo because these tend to be on the much larger size and power requirements as well.

Really relaxing, thanks for that :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

GAS combined with limited space can be frustrating. While it's fun to dream up a full rack, in practice I always recommend not planning too far in advance. Play around with what you have and when you reach for a function or sound that's not there, that's the next module to buy. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

After thinking I had a cool build for my Rackbrute 3U...I got to thinking that really what my goal is for the 3U is to be a compliment to my Minibrute2 (keyboard Minibrute) and I wasn't so sure that adding a Demon Core oscillator with expander was really on that 'compliment path'. In order to really 'compliment' my Minibrute2, I'm thinking it would be better to consider some really cool modulation and effects.

After getting CVilization, its found a place in my Rackbrute 6U and I've been having fun with it in there (swapped out my Warps)...and thinking Warps might be a cool compliment to the Minibrute2. Thinking I would want to consider a buffered mult or mixer of some sort?

I added the Joranalogue Filter 8 as an additional filter to the setup (Minibrute2 does have its own filter but thinking it might be cool to have options there?). Already have the Disting MK4 installed. Would PNW be necessary if I am running clock from Beatstep Pro? maybe it can do some different interesting modulation that I could use? maybe something better fits this setup now? Maybe there is something better than Links for a small mixer?

Really struggling with some of the choices I have here based on the real direction I want for the Rackbrute 3U build

ModularGrid Rack

JB

Originally I wanted to go somewhere else but I ended up with this glitchy, experimental and jazzy piece. The only voice in this patch is Just Friends with all its identity outputs patched into the Matrix Mixer on the Disting Ex. More info in the video description.

I am inspired by birth, death and the events inbetween.

https://youtube.com/@aphewgoodman

I have an Acid labs Chainsaw polyphonic module sorta on the way. What modules would you recommend to pair up with it to get maximum benefits? I have a sequencer, function/lfos and things like that for it.

Thanks, I'm still playing with this patch and have just added a DnB beat to it and a bit of a Bass line. There's a lil' snippet here https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWmAGw4qP-J/
One of our cats likes USB cables etc and there are a few teeth marks in a patch cable or two so I do have to supervise her!

Heard a Crackling!!! Is the cat's new name Sparky?!

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Id suggest a Soundmachine LS1 lightstrip or two to have tactile control and instant release over whatever parameter you want.

I've heard not so great things about the Endorphin.es 1u compressor. I would suggest going with their 1u mixer as it has built in sidechaining. You can get your drums all mixed together and sent to whatever other system you want.

Where can these tile carriers be bought?

-- Broken-Form

Most should be available from the webshop (some sizes just went out of stock I guess...) :

http://www.xodes.net/product/fc313-eurorack-triple-row-intellijel-1u-3u-format-changer

http://www.xodes.net/product/fc313-eurorack-triple-row-intellijel-1u-3u-format-changer-wide

If you're in Europe, 3U-shop has all the sizes possibly available with M3 rails. It may be a good occasion to also get some NLC kits :

https://www.3u-shop.de/c/marken/xodes

Schneidersladen only has 10/14/20/24HP with M3 rails.

In the UK, Elevator Sound has 6/10/12/14HP with M3 rails, while Signal Sounds have 10/14HP only in both M2.5 and M3... And Thonk should soon have all sizes with both M2.5 and M3 rails!

In the USA, Mission Synths has 6/10/12/14HP and Perfect Circuit has the full line, both with M3 rails only.

All of the links are indeed on the "dealers" page :

https://www.xodes.net/dealers

A 28HP version may be available by the end of the year, and prices for the full line should be slightly adjusted by 2022.

As of now, these only work with modules in Intellijel format. Prototypes have been assembled already for a hybrid Pulp Logic / Intellijel version, and there are cases in which it's rather difficult to use, so these haven't been released yet.

Thoroughly enjoyed that! Thanks for the patch description. That’s a level I haven’t reached yet - I still feel like I’m patching in a very vanilla kinda way.

And yes, I love the guest star. I’d really like to have my cats around while I’m noodling, but my big Maine Coon decided it would be fun to “mark” a power strip in my studio so they’re banned for life! I was lucky to be in the next room and I heard the crackling. Could have been very bad indeed. Cheers!

Mikrokosm.

Using a white noise signal from Qubit Nanorand2 as a sound pad thru Mutable Instruments Rings in chord mode. The pad is filtered and delayed by Prism. Reverb from Happy Neerding FX AID XL .

Drums from Intellijel Plonk thru Qubit Databender for glitches. Nanorand2 send a random signal to plonk v/oct to get glitch kind sound too. Those two signal glitches: Plonk out to Databender, and Nanorand2 rand to Plonk v/oct are manually trigger thru Instruo Tain switch. To get more glitchy like sound, Instruo [1]f crossfader making the cross signal to select patches in Plonk, between manually thru Intellijel Triplatt and pre-programmed from Squarp Instruments Hermod allows me fun while jamming :).

Bass from Mutable Instruments Plaits kick model.

Bellish melody from Rings in fm mode thru Noise Engineering desmodus Versio.

Mixed and mastered in ableton live.

Nice track with a great, complex arrangement. Thanks for also posting the hi-fi version - it sounds sooooo much better. :-)

That’s excellent! Really enjoyed listening to that. Thanks for sharing.

The Eurorack 1U landscape is developing at the moment. Convenient for travel. I'm starting to think about a standalone setup only based on this format.

Endorphin.es is coming. Mosaic, and Intellijel of course, have a great offer. Etc. And Xodes (XO) has created a series of format changers. They allow using 1U modules in a 3U case by creating 1U rows. Perfect for combining with some Picos or 2hps, for example.

-- Sweelinck

-- Broken-Form

That is one of the great mysteries of life, no one really knows… It is rumored to have appeared only once, around the time Jesus turned water into wine.
Or……..
Or you can find that out for yourself by heading to the manufacturer’s page, and order from there or from the dealers listed in their “dealers” section. It may sound hard but if you believe in yourself, I’m sure you can figure it out. I have faith.

/s

--- Voltage control all the things ---

Audio: Minibrute 2S Osc 1+2, Plaits Particle Noise, µOsc-II Chords, 2hp Pluck, Disting mk4 sampled flute.
Random: Minibrute 2S Sequencer, 2hp TM+Tune, Marbles.

if your 2nd 'skiff' is the same size you'd be better off with a Mantis - more space as no rack wart, better power and probably cheaper too!

as for this skiff - too many sound sources not enough modulation - for this many voices I would want a case twice the size - more modulation, more filters (one for each vco), more vcas and just more utilities in general

consider mutable veils to eke another 2hp out of it too, you'd also probably be better of with plaits over the micro clone of it's discontinued forebear

I would consider sharing skiff 2 as well - module recommendations are probably best based on the whole thing - mixing and midi->cv - rather than just half the intended rack

to get more variety out of a modular I think (at leasst loosely):

is a significantly better idea than anything else

The Eurorack 1U landscape is developing at the moment. Convenient for travel. I'm starting to think about a standalone setup only based on this format.

Endorphin.es is coming. Mosaic, and Intellijel of course, have a great offer. Etc. And Xodes (XO) has created a series of format changers. They allow using 1U modules in a 3U case by creating 1U rows. Perfect for combining with some Picos or 2hps, for example.

-- Sweelinck

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me