Thanks for your input! I've switched the Uscale2 with the first edition and added a double multiplier.

The SQ-1 is an external device and I really want to keep the system as simple as possible, e.i. just the rack and a mixer.

For example the Soundcraft EF12 is an analogue mixer with Lexicon effects and 12 mono inputs, which should be enough to create a coherent, musical, mix. So I actually don't even really need the delay module, but I'll leave it in for now.

This drum rack is going to be a unit in a bigger system which may have dedicated line-outs for each voice, with a maximum of 12 voices, but I'm still not sure if that's feasable or necessary.

At least now I have a proper starting point. If you have any tips or suggestions, I'm all ears!

I've added the Intellijel Uscale to controle the VCO and a multiplier for good measure. The delay isn't strictly necessary because of the mixer's onboard effects, so that would give me another 4HP for something I might have overlooked.

I don't need MIDI because I want to move away from laptops/software. The idea is to separate every audiostream from eachother as much as possible and patch those into an analogue 16-channel mixer and have a palet of sound available to me to mix into something coherent.

Mixing, attenuation and effects would all be done on the mixer, which means that I need to keep the signal flow as tight as possible: the smallest package that will give me the most flexibility.

It's but a concept though. Can you think of any reason this is a silly idea?

I intend to mix this through a mixer. Each 'voice' goes into its own channel. I'm still pondering whether to get a dedicated line-out but as it seems running a cable (3.5mm to 1/4 jack) from each module to the mixer should work fine.

What do you think?

The idea is to get as much punch and groove out of a small box. Obviously kick/snare/clap and hats, but also looking to get sub and bass out of it with Trigger Riot as its beating heart.

As suggested, added the Uscale and a multiplier

Suggestions and critique please.

Thanks!