Hello, is their firmware open source? So far i haven't found anything. :/ Bitbox micro would be perfect for my plans if it had more audio inputs. It's hard to find a proper multitracking and audio clip playback device. Currently i am thinking to build my own lol and call it octarack or push/pull. Something with 8-12 mono/stereo inputs, same amount of outputs and 24bit/96khz recording, start/end loop position with zero-crossing etc. Or as a expander for these performance mixers like hexmix, wmd or all the others available. The opportunity to always record the stereo master as well as single tracks on a selective basis.

A loop is going on, some drums etc. are hammering, everything is shit but there is this one element you want to record without patching or interrupting the performance, just keep the loop going, perform but record this stem you like and add it to your library. That way you are always creating, performing, practicing. Basically a stem recorder/player. Maybe it should be called 'STEM cell'.

Would the bitbox micro hardware allow for it? I mean there are 8 inputs but i they only allow input 1&2 for audio input recording and i wonder if this is a hardware or a software thing. They probably locked it down to sell their bluebox digital mixer. I don't need all the other bitbox features so maybe using a open source firmware which runs on the same microcontroller could be a solution?

Yeah just some thoughts. I'll think about a solution with already available modules instead of studying electrical engineering, spending a lot of money and so on... I mean i would love it and it's a very interesting topic but these are the things which prevent me from making music and making music is my main priority. Maybe someone else wants to build it? Erica? Befaco? Anyone out there?