Bees-in-the-Trees v3.9 modified firmware for Braids is now publicly available - see http://timchurches.github.io/Mutated-Mutables/ for details. Apart from dual internal LFOs/envelopes, v3.9 adds a meta-sequencer, a complete virtual Music Thing Turing Machine implementation, quantisation of note CVs to a wide range of scales, and external CV control of many different parameters (but not all at once). Like the official Braids firmware on which it is based, Bees-in-the-Trees is completely open-source and available free-of-charge.

gonna install da bees tonight and wish there was a bees-faceplate if its as good as it sounds.

It doesn't require a different faceplate. All the physical inputs, outputs and controls are the same as the official Braids firmware.

Owners and potential owners of Braids may be interested in Bees-in-the-Trees, which is alternative open-source firmware for the Braids module. Bees-in-the-Trees adds lots of internal modulation capabilities, extends the range of external modulation destinations, and even provides a simple step meta-sequencer, all running inside your Braids. Full details, installation instructions and compiled firmware images are available at http://timchurches.github.io/Mutated-Mutables/.

I have unlisted the module formerly known as Bees in the Trees. It won't pop up in the module browser anymore.
It's not easy to delete it completely without messing up racks from users but I think it's o.k. to have a reference here in the forum what the discussion was about.
@Bennelong.Bicyclist: I am sure many people are interested in this, so it would be great if you mention it in the Braids Thread. This way it will show up on the Braids detail page as a comment, too.
Thanks all, I think we have cleared it up.
-- modulargrid

@modulargrid, OK, that's fine, many thanks for fixing this. @TidalWaveform, I wasn't annoyed, just concerned that people might form the wrong impression of what Bees-in-the-Trees is. In particular, it isn't a product, it isn't for sale, and it isn't officially associated with Mutable Instruments in any way. I'll add a comment about Bees-in-the-Tree to the Braids module entry.

Cheers,

Tim C

Hi, I'm the author of the Bees-in-the-Trees alternative firmware. I don't want the impression given that it is an official Mutable Instruments product, because it isn't, nor that is a product at all - it is experimental firmware. Nor does it have a price - it's free, so I don't want people thinking it costs $399 either. Finally, the information provided is an ill-chosen cut-and-paste from an earlier version of the firmware project page. I agree with @modulargrid: I'm happy to provide a suitable comment on the Braids entry, but I really don't want Bees-in-the-Trees to have its own duplicate module entry. It isn't a module. The Sheep alternative firmware for the Mutable Tides module is different because it is written and published by Olivier Gillet of Mutable Instrument himself, and he is even selling an alternative panel for it. There is no alternative panel for Bees-in-the-Trees, because it doesn't need one, but the Bees-in-the-Trees entry gives the distinct impression that there is. For all these reasons, I'd be grateful if the entry for Bees-in-the-Trees could be removed, please.

Tim C