In my honest opinion, O&C with the right firmware is more playable than Pam's - and also a totally different beast that doesn't really have the same purpose/function, in my mind at least. There's even different hardware, the OCP from Plum Audio looks pretty cool. I didn't try to learn all the modes at the same time, I'm not even sure I read about what each app does at least once, I just focus on a few for a time to add them to my "mental patching toolbox" and that's totally manageable I think, the journey of learning is fun, it's like exploring a new little utility module every few weeks/months.
If you want to have a look at what the Phazerville firmware looks like, SynthDad did a cool introduction into it and some of its modes:

Allow me to recommend again that you think about how you like to patch, what's working and what feels cumbersome or what you're not using so much for a question of interface, patching habits, etc.
Maybe you like the sound of the TD-3 filter and that's working for you, but you lack manual control and playable modulation in the rack ? In which case, instead of a filter you might not absolutely need, you could think about getting a matrix mixer, or one of those new Bastl Neo Trinity plus a 2-3hp VCA... Or maybe the discussion will just lead you to new patching ideas with the modules you already have and you'll leave a blank for some time while you figure out more about what feels missing to you. After all, that's often a good thing to do if you're in doubt, it's free and modular is not a race, you don't have to "finish your rack".
It's your custom instrument, so take your time to think about how you want it to be ;)

--- Voltage control all the things ---