Quadrature!

Why? OK...consider this one: take your quadrature outs and mix the 0 and 90 degree together, then do the same for the 180 and 270 degree EGs. Send the resultant mixed outputs to a pair of, oh...let's say Intellijel Polarises...control inputs.

When you say 'mix the resultant outputs' of Quadrature, do you mean use something like Links to do that 'mixing'?...

As for EOF, it's super-useful for chaining EGs to create a complex composite modulation signal. One ends, starts the next, etc. Then just send the result through a DC-coupled mixer and you get super-varied LFO behavior. Or you can use the EOF in some generative functions to fire off the "next" set of parameters, and as long as there's a feedback loop (not acoustical feedback, mind you) that can keep right on going, and other modules can then modify the individual EG parameters depending on which EOF has sent a trigger. You could actually wring two signal paths of this sort out of a single Quadrax/Qx!

Right now, I'd say that the Quadrax/Qx combo is one of the best module sets in this regard, but the newer Tiptop/Buchla 281t also can do this...as it's got built-in quadrature outputs for the A+B and C+D outs.
-- Lugia

Cool, I have lots of modulation in my racks (Maths, Quadrax/QX, Quadrature, Stages, CVilization) and want to learn more about using them for different things...thank you! appreciate this feedback

JB