Hi and welcome @pr1n.
You will most certainly want more VCAs at some point and likely a dedicated envelope module. Mutable Instruments makes Veils as a good VCA choice, and while Pam's and Maths can both do envelopes/LFOs/etc., you will likely want something that's more easily tweakable than Pam's, and you may want to use Maths for other things. Batumi, Zadar, Quadrax, and Ochs are popular choices for envelopes and LFOs.
You mentioned that you would like a playable system. Pam's is an amazing module, but I would not exactly call it hands-on or playable. Same goes for Disting, and while Disting is a decent option for someone learning what they need in a system, you will likely get frustrated with it if you are hoping for quick changes and intuitive use. In fact, I sold mine after I got dedicated "tweakable" replacement modules for the algorithms I used most often. Just something to consider.
And, yeah, a filter and or wavefolder would be a good choice for sound shaping. Plaits has a dedicated low pass gate mode, but filters come in many flavors and you will probably have a lot of fun choosing one and experimenting with different types.
Hope this helps.
Good luck and have fun!