Yeah, leave the Frap stuff in there if you're comfy with it. And to build onto it, you might want to have a look at the Tiptop Buchla collab modules, which are starting to show up now. Hell, this is awfully West Coast as it is, and if you go with the Buchla stuff, you can take it right over the edge into that! Maths is also a great fit into that, too...plus there's a few more Buchla-esque things out there (like Feedback's timbre shapers, etc) that can nail it right on down. But those Buchla modules are missing one critical thing...the HIDEOUS pricetag! The 258t, f'rinstance = $200. Which is utterly BONKERS!!! And they'll also integrate nicely with the sampling aspect, as something like their 281t ($220!!!) is perfect for elaborate keying envelope patterns via the quadrature function.

The Pulsar's a really good idea, too...I've found over the years that "compartmentalizing" the different musical functions, while it results in more gear laying around, does make it a lot easier to keep your mind focussed on the task at hand, instead of trying to do several things at once in the same box. One thing I'd suggest adding to the Pulsar, though, would be a more "conventional" drum machine...you'd use that for the obvious sounds (kick, hats, etc) and then the Pulsar can take care of percussive noises, weird hits, and other things it likes to do. I actually just picked up one of Uli's RD-8s (TR-808 clone...and rather convincing-sounding at that!), and that might make a good pairing with a Pulsar in that sort of usage.

NB: I'm also actually a tad AFRAID of the RD-8, for one specific reason: there will eventually be a point in time where I'll get curious enough to run its kick through one of my UBMs, and an UBM can turn a 606 "blip" kick into Marvin the Martian's "Earth-shattering KABOOM!". If you hear something about part of downstate Illinois being reduced to a smoking hole of rubble, that'll probably be the result.