I’m a Eurorack newbie. I’ve planned my first rack and I’d really appreciate any comments before I bite the bullet and whack out the credit card.

My goal with the rack is to use it to create sounds that are difficult to produce in my DAW with soft synths, and to just get a creative blast from working hands-on with hardware rather than plugins.

That said, I’d like to use the rack in conjunction with Ableton Live, sending the output back to Live via an ES-9 for effects processing, mixing and final production.

With this in mind, I’ve mainly chosen modules that seem to deliver functionality that’s unique to modular: Morphagene, Arbhar, etc. The rack also has a sequencer, and I’m intending to use CV Tools via the ES-9, but I like the idea of generating happy accidents on the rack using the sequencer’s probability functions, and just generally playing around and noodling.

The sound sources are an Instruo Ts-L, an Odessa, a Chainsaw, Morphagene and Arbhar, driven by a Vector sequencer. Although I’d like to apply most of the effects on the computer, the rack also has a Mimeophon just because I really love it. 😊

I may have too much fun stuff and not enough utility modules - I’ve got no idea! Any advice is appreciated.
ModularGrid Rack