Hi Garfield,

The Rene is "okay"...its just for the money and space, I was hoping it'd be more performant. Well, I got it, and it does the job, so maybe I can learn it better. I'm sure there's more potential than I tapped.

You'll have to let me know if your sequencers work out. Someday, I'm thinking of getting a standalone sequencer. I mostly use the OP-1's....which is pretty good. I was lucky enough to get it when it was "only" $1000. I think of it more as a toy studio than a toy sythensizer.

The Morphagene is great! If you want voltage-controlled tape (that doesn't sound like tape, but also doesn't have its limitations), go for it. My newest "trick" is recording voices, decreasing the grain size to small, and then morphing through the real with CV. Can get that horror-movie sorta sound.

The E370...also great! Yes, its a lot of money, and its huge, my if you want quad morphing wavetable oscillators (and I did!), it's worth it. It is a bit more setup (loading and selecting wavetables, usually hearing them on the computer first) than most of the rest of my modules (I mostly want immediacy), but I knew that going into it. Even just the wavetable playback by itself can make for some great oscillators....then you add morphing and yum!

The octasource is great. I'm glad you enjoy yours. I actually very often pair it with the E370 to have morphing with different LFO phase offsets, but its a great LFO for just about everything. I wish it had a clock out, but I guess having a clock in I can't complain too much.

Kind regards, Garfield. I just finished planning my rack (still several modules to buy); not enough VCA or LFOs, as usual, but...sigh, ya can't have everything. If I ever get to the point of having more time to actually make music, I may consider a bigger rack in a devoted music room.....but that day won't be soon!