Thread: Tension

Hi Wedoh,

Yeah... Xaoc devices, I have a few modules of them, not the Belgrad and Zadar though but will keep them in mind, especially the Belgrad. Once I listened to your music and sent you my previous message, you motivated me with your music to play around with my NW1 and though I managed to get some interesting and nice sounds out of it, not so nice/beautiful as you manage to do that with the NW1. So thanks a lot for your information, I will have another look at it and see what I can manage to get out of the NW1 :-)

I put the NW1's output through the spring reverb (Stingray2) of Intellijel, also quite nice, missing a delay module though, so I need to look into that.

Kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thank you very much Garfield!
I do enjoy the NW-1. Do you have anything recorded that i could listen to with the Stingray? Sounds like an awsome combo!
At first i did not get the NW-1 to work for me. But some twiddling made me found a sweet spot.

This is what ill do
- Change the start position for the wavetable to around 12 o clock, or find a sweetspot
- Set scale to middle
- Change keyboard tracking to like 50%
- Dampen some spectrum and brilliance
- And try out the higher number wavetables, like wavetable "22".

Change prime settings like that and you will notice it starts drifting without any pitch CV or modulation inputs. From there you can do allkind of crazy stuff with modulation. You can play the NW-1 through pitch, noise and simple travel/position modulation, without any pitch CV! :-) And when you run out of wavetables, you can always make your own.

The sound is so rich, so sending it into effect processors really make harmonics going. Something reeeeally cool is to send the NW-1 into Mutable instriments "Clouds". And play with the settings. Make it really drone´y.
Here this Soundcloud link for an example of that.