There are some amasing modules out there that I suggest you look into.

1) Make Noise Spectraphone
2) Eoawave Quadrantid Swarm

The Spectraphone I dont have yet but it seems to be a powerhouse.

I have the Quadrantid Swarm and is totally amasing really.

Dont cut yourself short buddy, If you buy 20 modules at once and all of them do 20 different things this is not going to be very workable instrument. I have had modules that seem awesome when you read the manual but when it comes to using them they just don't work for me.

I don't use Maths, I'd rather have those functions in separate modules. One of my favorite modules is a Doepfer decay, one stage envelope. That thing is unbelieveable, the harmonic distortion you get from it is fantastic. A low pass gate, another genius thing. Check out the XPO from Make Noise if you are looking for a vco. Eweryone seem to have Maths and Pamela and Ornament and good for them, I don't need them, atleast not now.

But also don't think I know all this, concentrate on what you want to hear, picture a sound and try to find the gear that will help you produce it.

There are people in youtube land who like to make things sound more complex than they are. Someone who actually knows what he is talking about and has a deep understanding of the subject, will break it down to the most simple and basic level.

So if manuals and menu diving are not your thing, don't torture yourself. Take those things one function at a time, one module at a time, use your ears instead of your eyes. You don't have to always understand what you are doing, that will come in time if you stick to this.