So one of the underdeveloped areas is sync. Although not exclusive to Eurorack it has to be said that sample accurate syncronisation of a DAW to USB Devices such as Arturia's Beat Step, remains an ongoing source of frustration.

Some time ago I had this solved. I bought a relatively cheap box from Expert Sleepers called USAMO. This box enabled me to install a plugin on a audio or instrument channel. The plugin then produced a time code that was sent through an audio output on my interface, from there over a jack cable to the USAMO box.

On the other side of the box a midi output to Beatstep Pro. And uallah I my DAW was in sample accurate syncronisation with my Eurorack.

Some time has passed, Operating systems come and go, I switch from PC to MAC and to make a long story short nothing is working at the moment.

I would apreciate a healthy discussion on this topic, do you have sync problems or is your system working.

Now I have 2 x Presonus Quantum 2626 running at 192 khz sampling rate and each connected via thunderbolt lll cables. They are synced between them by Word Clock BNC. Those then are set as one agregate device in the Apple Mini M1.

Here's the article I wrote and now seems to not be valid anymore, atleast it needs complete revision.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/8644