Somehow this turned into a rock tune. It started out as a regular old modular jam - then I pulled out my vintage Kramer to see what would happen... I probably should have called this Rusty Fingers, as evidenced by my guitar playing here. ;-). This track features the Moog Matriarch, assorted Eurorack and my old Kramer StageMaster Deluxe 1. Drums were pieced together with EZ Drummer. Time-keeping courtesy of the JMK ClockStep Multi ( StudioOne is the source syncing to CSM which then syncs Pamela's New Workout). As a side note, the ambient sections at the beginning, middle and end are exactly the same patch as the lead parts for the Matriarch, Rings and the Ensemble Oscillator - just with tempo slowed, envelopes lengthened and effects at full wet. It fascinating to me that you can get such huge changes with just a few knob turns. :-)

Instead of recording the modular all in one go like I usually do, I multi-tracked each part separately and "songified" it by fading tracks in an out in the DAW. I thought it might be interesting to see that, so I tried the screen recording feature of QuickTime and it seemed to work pretty well.

Cheers!