Hey, thanks

I think you are right, Plonk is not needed here as Squid is a sound source on it's own.
The massive filter seemed a good idea as it is actually 2 filters with drive and fm so it can handle 2 sound sources.

there are smaller filters that will do this... also 2 individual filters is often a good idea - they sound different...

I will have a look at zadar and batumi expander as I am not aware of them

read the manuals thoroughly and make sure you understand them before you buy the modules = less surprises - if you have questions, ask...

I was thinkin about doing the mixing on the iPad but if space alows it maybe submixing would be usefull

sub mixing is for adding sound sources oir individual waveforms before processing with for example a filter...

It is something I do in VCV with S&H + VCA + polyphonic quantizer and logic. The idea is to make melodic progressions by grabing a note from the melody and randomly routing it back to the root note input of the quantizer. I also try to change rythms and add silence in the same way. I use logic to space events out or add randomness. But I am not very experienced so maybe there are better ways to do that.

Pams can do this on it's own...

Squid could also be used as a way of building a library off sounds created with the modular. These sound can then be triggered or sequenced and give me 8 more sound sources.

imo that is a lot of sound sources in such a small case - where often each sound source will want processing...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities