there are plenty of things you could do with mom32 - just send sync or a sequence or modulation - or a combination of all 3 - remember mom's pitch is offset though...

1 of everything? but 2 sound sources - see my signature to see how to get the most versatility from your patching for least expense... have a good long think about how this (especially the formula) applies to your rack

I'd not buy a fx aid - I'd buy the pro version though - why? ergonomics, modulation and most importantly being able to tell which algo you are using without a cheat sheet - if you decide you need a second fx aid at some point you can use the pro as an inrack cheat sheet - just sync the 1st 32 algos - so a regular or an xl would be fine

no idea about the alm cases - I'd suggest a tiptop mantis - best bang for buck case (hp/cost/decent quiet power/manufacturer reputation)

nothing screams wrong
why would you want midi?
I think you'll want a bigger mixer than the field kit

I'd add a matrix mixer next... really useful for getting more interesting (& attenuated/attenuverted) modulation out of what you have there

tbh I'd buy pams, maths, a matrix mixer and a quad vca (I'd go for a veils clone for this though) to start... and then an fx aid pro

hope this helps

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities