& the link (cos jpgs suck)

ModularGrid Rack

& onto remarks:

too many sound sources for this size rack... 1 per row is a good rule of thumb... that way you end up with enough space for the support modules that they need to get the most out of them

sequencer and quantizer? quantixer not really necessary as sequencer includes quantizer...and Pams can alsoo act aas a quantizer if needed

how are you intending to use the sampler??? percussion? if so do you really need the plonk?

only 1 massive filter? I'd go for something smaller... so there's more space for something else...

no expanders for zadar/batumi? they are useful...

no submixing? I'd go for a happy nerding 3 * vca - it'll add a vc mixer in...

take a look at my signature and think about how it relates to your rack - the formula especially gives more versatility in 0patching for least expense...

not convinced of the need for a logic module - pams has logic built in...

I'd want a matrix mixer for combining modulation sources to make more interesting ones

the rack is a weird size usually 84hp or 104hp is standard - not 86hp - I'd go for 104hp, this way you will have space to expand and add functions you've missed... or as you start buying modules those you decide you want instead - no plan survives contact with the enemy (in this case the enemy is you)

having mixing and effects in the rack are actually great ideas - it's modular you can connect them however you feel like - delay before a filter... reverb before a vca... mixing sound sources before filtering or whatever - experimentation is key

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities