Okay so... My goals are to get a bit more toward the generative music side of things. I have been goofing around with different instruments for most of my life. I picked up a korg minilogue xd a few years back but it just never scratched the itch... I think its mostly because I found it overwelming everything it could do if I am being honest. I still have it and play around with it and plan to work it into my music.

Okay so I start looking into videos and whatnot to see if I can brush up on my music theory to help my son out and I stumble upon the rabbit hole of modular synthasis... We jump in the car and head to detroit modular and I come home with some stuff :-D. Went back the next day and swapped it out and come home with the nifty case, beehive, A-106-5 filter and 4ms EnvVCA and a korg SQ-1. Something to keep it super simple... It was a blast. I accidently made a frog sound and it inspired me and I recorded this Then I run into a rabbit hole and discover the Pachinko. I picked up a few more modules and think oh I need a Tukra for some drums...

And this is what I end up with:

I also have a Keystep Pro on the way for a more complex sequencer. But add it all up and the budget is shot ;-). This winter I am going to build a nice case for a bit more room. Shove in a few 2hp and you dont have much room to twiddle with ;-). I am happy for now and have a lot of room to grow with what I have BUT I want to start researching now to see what else I should be adding to get a good generative setup going. What might I be mising now that would be useful?

EDIT:
I am trying to stay a little more on the DAW less side. I am a software developer and get tired of staring at a computer all day... I also gooff with logic pro a bit...

I do stuff and things and whatnot...