I feel like I made some relatively informed choices with my rack but I also can't help but wonder if I'm completely discounting some essential modules that would be needed for these to work. Like maybe I don't have enough VCAs/VCOs for the ones I picked out here. Maybe I have too many redundant modules (not that redundancy is always bad but if it hurts the function then it's gotta go).
-- Cat

I think you have fully anticipated the problem. Unless I’m mistaken, Manis is the only vco here capable of providing you with a real drone source (excluding the Swiss Army Knife Disting mk4). At least one complementary vco, with a wide sound palette (like Plaits or Twin Waves, for example) would be needed. And I will add a quad vca to replace or complement the small After Later Audio DVCA. I do not see either lfo and at minimum a small sequencer (although on this point the Doepfer midi to cv indicates perhaps an intention not expressed here). Other comments or questions are possible... and I sincerely hope that others formulate them.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).