Unobtanium BLACK MATHS is a huge benefit to the OEM Make Noise Tape and Microsound Music Machine. Add Pam's + a midi interface and you've got a super powerful (and beautiful) instrument for found sound
33PO

Thanks, I will check it out for sure.

IMO there are alternate choices to the included Make Noise modules that would have more utility, but the Make Noise system is very well designed as-is.
33PO

Indeed, every time I open up a video there’s another module that looks interesting. You can get lost for years just reading up on this stuff. My objective is to start as soon as possible and that MN system certainly seems well specified and flexible for what it is. Also it is specifically geared towards the sampling and found sound stuff, which I love doing. Morphagene, as I’ve found out, is incredibly flexible and if you’re patient enough to prepare the correct reels for it, I think you can accomplish many interesting things with just it alone.

If I were to home-brew a similar system I'd make different choices starting with a Tiptop Mantis case:
Include Pam's
Marbles over Woggle
Stages over Maths
Include MISO & Veils
Nebulae v2 over Morphagene
Ikari over Qpas
Happy Nerding FX Aid Pro over Mimeophon
Include BitBox Micro (or Squid Salmple, or Assimil8or)
Include Befaco Instrument Interface v2
Include Befaco Out v3
33PO

Thanks, I am not familiar with many of those, but will look into it.

IMO this would be an awesome foundation for experimentation that can be built upon to taste. Then I'd add an ES9 to have a direct audio interface in the rack and VCV for a hybrid workflow. Then I'd start adding sequencers like Rene and more utilities like a matrix mixer
33PO

The Expert Sleepers stuff also comes up quite a lot. Especially with the proprietary software they have to route signals around your DAW and to your modular rig. This, I think, will have to wait until I have some kind of handle on the MN system (or similar), should I go ahead with it.

It's all a very personalized experience and what works well for me may be a nightmare for you, but there are some tried a true rules that are repeated over and over again

This is to a degree why, as a start, I am sticking to popular modules and well documented module manufacturers since there’s varying degrees of users with content out there.

Get a bigger case than you think you need and start slow to avoid sticker shock and dissapointment. Expect to swap out modules of similar function to fit your preferences

-- 33PO

As much as this is possibly a reality, I am a bit worried with swapping around modules. As I mentioned in my opening post, there’s a very small modular community here in South Africa. You cannot, as far as I'm aware, buy a single module from any of our audio suppliers (well, except Behringer), no one has them, probably due to cost/supply/demand. There used to be a modular shop here in Cape Town, but they've closed down I believe. As such I think it will be more difficult for me to shift modules that don’t accommodate with me, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

D