This unit is running at some pretty high frequencies. How does EMI from this module affect neighboring modules? I'm guessing all those fans means this thing generates a lot of heat. Wouldn't the case you put it in need to be vented? I didn't see a mention of that in the description.
I'm one of the recent converts to using an external device for the final mix. So now I need to see a good reason to put something in a eurorack case that can be done just as well outside. What advantage does this unit have over just getting a laptop, or even an MPC One (which I currently own) that is a DAW with sampler, other instruments, has MIDI and 8 configurable CV outputs but is less than half the price?
-- PragmaticusMax

there is ventilation, forced air and ducting that removes hot air directly to the front of the panel. lattepanda sigma doesnt get super hot, their product page has plenty of info on this subject. emi has not been an issue. my practical modules are smaller at 14hp, 26hp and 48hp, . the advantage to having a DAW in the case should be obvious but 'in case' (nyuk nyuk) its not, the space taken is diminished, it looks cool, can be a meta module and fulfill a myriad of roles while not focussing on anything but music, meaning this doesnt have to.perform other tasks like browsing or your homework assinment. it keeps your focus in the rack, requires no spaghetti. the advantages should be obvious. they are to me at least. but i like the dick tracy style.

if youre concerned about price... all i can say is i know its expensive. im also not akai or korg or yamaha or roland. your mpc does not run reaper or ableton live etc. is it worth it to you? only you can answer that. my other modules are much cheaper and do much of the same things, but lack the DSP power. even my smallest module 'PAC BOT 1' can do a lot and its way cheaper. i actually love using it almost as much as my big one. i do use PAC BOT 2 the most since it has the basics, some decent DSP power and is a moderate size. but who am i kidding, i love to drive the lamborghini that i made so i cant say its anything but a pleasure to pile on the plugins and integrate it with the rest of my hardware at the same time. thats just my preference.