ok why are the spare modules not in the case (other than obvious space issues)?

That's purely why except the clock divider which I'd love to use but its depth is a pain and will only fit in one spot in each case. I'd rather not have spares and will sell what I don't need but this is kind of the advice I am seeking. What to keep and what to get rid off.

another way to look at it is to group by voices... starting at the left with oscillators, but you generally still end up with sequencing (control) at bottom left and end of chain mixer at bottom right... if of course you have an end of chain mixer, which it doesn't look like

Can you recommend such a mixer? I have the Addac and Tritone in the spare row. Should these be incorporated.
I thought I was doing ok on the mixer front

I don't like having spare modules lieing about - I'd much rather have some blind panels in the cases - so I'd be buying another case about now and trying to work out how to join 3 mantises together... I'm sure there are some ideas in the mantis thread on modwiggler... this may actually help your issue too... some space between modules can help with workflow...

Not sure how the wife would feel about that and I can see the blinds being slowly replaced by modules.

-- JimHowell1970