I notice that the site admin has not posted since August 11th so it's very possible that they are currently unavailable or on vacation etc.

It's possible that some changes were made before this which inadvertently affected some existing features - the disappearance of the flip button when a module is selected coincided with the appearance of the > buttons which 'bunch up' the modules in left/right directions - this new feature is not something I'd use, whereas I use the flip function a LOT (I guess I'm weird like that) :)

I'm very hesitant to complain too loudly until the site admin at least has a chance to investigate and maybe fix.

But then I'm not paying for a unicorn account so that's maybe easier for me to say.

Overall I don't think the site has been crippled on tablet platforms in the past, but it's definitely not a good idea to make some features only accessible via hovering/keyboard shortcuts. As you say 'hovering' is not really a thing on tablets so there needs to be some other way imho.

Here's hoping that a solution will be made available soon.