Thanks for spending the time to advise - it seems that even at this early stage I have not made the best choices as far as what I have purchased.

The Niftycase for it's price although small was classed as a beginner case and with enough conections, including plugging into pc with later a module going to the "to out" on the front of the case. It has its own power and looked like everything you need to start your eurorack adventures apart from the modules. Bigger cases would be great and I have seen some that I would have loved to have bought such as the Rackbrute (thanks Arrandan for pointing out the "Mantis"). But I am happy to upgrade over time and evolve as my knowledge/modules increase.

The initail idea was to begin with 2 or 3 modules that would produce sounds that i could explore, have fun and expand on.

I will look at Veils and it's clone forms, thankyou...I imagine doing it properly (quad) rather than a dual such as the ALA https://reverb.com/uk/item/38278842-after-later-audio-dvca-dual-vca-veils-redesigned-module

This has become quite an adventure already...