Hi - thanks for your reply. People do amazing things with the BIA but it's not the sort of sound I'm after. I'm aiming for dreamy soundscapes that can modulate and evolve, which is why I was considering the MFX. Thinking about it, the reverb from Noise Engineering might be another option...

-- ModLifeCrisis

I'm not sure that anyone would associtate Noise Engineering with dreamy soundscapes - it can be done, from what I've heard, but it wouldn't be my first point of call...

I own 1 NE modules, the zularic repetitor (which I think is an excellent module) and am currently wearing an NE t-shirt

I'd also look at the fx aid pro as an alternative to the MFX (latest firmware has a scope) and has way more algoritms - claims to include a tuner - but it seems to be more like a pitch to tune to - I use a pedal tuner myself, but a phone app would be just as good (or most DAWS include them)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities