so I planned to make some rails for the 1u in that area and I didn't know I'd need an adapter for power :( if that's what you meant.

no I couldn't tell if you meant it to be a rackbrute with the associated rack wart or a 7u where you'd inadvertantly added an arturia rack wart (that's not available separately)

it sounds like you want to add a 1u row on top of a rackbrute - sounds like a bad idea to me involving disfiguring the rackbrute - either get a 7u rack or drop the 1u

for that condensed area I tried to arange it where i could kinda get to the knobs, I wasn't worried too much bc itll be used for rhythmic noise where modulation would just be re patching. tho the 3 actuator would be a problem

the 'condensed' area is way too crowded - sooner or later, you will hate it

the noise on the intellijel noise tools just seemed like an extra for why its there

partly this was my mistake the paratek noise module looked like 2 modules - in itself, it seems way too crowded - like the designer was having a competition with himself how to get as many knobs, switches and jacks in 8hp as possible

as for the vcas I assumed I could just substitute it with lpgs and bc power I'm still new at this

only if you only want to use them for audio - vcas are really useful for cv too - seriously, do yourself a favour & get a quad cascading vca - veils clone or intellijel etc etc

so for mixing I was going o coast, bia, clouds ect into the 3 mix (to set and forget) - cinnamon filter - mkc8 - minibrute - deluge for this ex. I wanted ambient chords under one filter while Saturn, ect goes straight to mkc8

I think you'll regret the mixing solution

what's the 3 mix? the synthrotek attenuator???

are you expecting o-coast, mia and clouds to give you ambient chords??? not my idea of ambient or chords...

with my setup I don't plan to go outside 6u and the o coast is only a staple bc I've scuffed it up a bit
and thanks for commenting I really needed the perspective.
-- exmpl

we all say that to start with... just a little 6u (or whatever) - then it's the wafer thin mint and it explodes all over the place...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities