still would like a dedicated delay so will probably chuck that in.
-- Delicatessen

Remember that you can flash the Ruina Versio to several different delay modules, plus you have Mimeophon and the FX Aid and Disting, which both have several great delays. I still think you might be trying to double (or triple) up on too many functions for the space you have available to start. Again, it's your synth. I just know what did and didn't work for me. I made a lot of the noob mistakes.
Hope you have fun building your synth!

-- farkas

I used the tape delay in disting for ages - and still do, even though I've also got a magneto now - & 2 fx aids ... it's very good for what it is...

I think we all make newb mistakes... but asking questions etc on here and/or other forums can reduce and mitigate them quite a bit...

Also starting slowly (for example getting just the melodic voice to start) and learning how to patch that etc before starting on the percussion side may help...

as @farkas said... hope you have fun building (and playing) your synth!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities