Thank you all for the responses so far - a big update though! I ended up finding a doepfer lc-6 case locally for the same price I was going to pay for the alm case but almost twice the HP ( sub $280 total! ). Just brought it home and am very very happy to have all this extra space to work with.

I think a quadrax will be in my rack at some point in the future - I'm starting to get some of the criticism about rings though ( tunability is certainly one I've noticed already ). I think maybe a plaits to replace it and then some complex oscillator to go with that would be wonderful for this setup.

I'm not trying to ( or able to ) immediately fill up all of this new found 168hp of space. I will probably sell nanoring and honestly thinking of selling pachinko as well. Plop in a quadrax, plaits, and a nother voice and i'm starting to cook I think. To go with the doepfer-ness, and now that I have basically unlimited depth ( 100mm in this thing?? ) I waas thinking of picking up some of the very well priced doepfer modules. The octovca seems great for cv mixing and handling. Anyone got some fav doepfer utilities that would help make this rack be as expressive as can be?

Here's a sort of new iteration with the updated space and sizing. I have a gitgud lfo i DIY'd and this sputnik modular Variable Waveform Generator. I haven't put the VWG to much use do to the fact i currently dont have any VCA's!

ModularGrid Rack

Maybe even a second Ornament & Crime,
-- dubstepjoris

I think another one could be really fun too! I'm a programmer currently going back to college to major in EE with a focus on DSP and writing some modules for the O_C seems like a fun project. The more the merrier!

I've been curious about maybe adding a pams to the mix now that the PNW's are super cheap on reverb. having 8 outputs of gates/triggers/envelopes/looping stuff seems like a great addition to the modulation part of my rack. I think with the quadrax and maaaaybe the zadar ( or even batumi? ) - i'd have most modulation duties under control and should start really focusing on messing with cv through logic and mixing.

Another thing now that I have this amount of space, a control surface / tactile playable element would be quite nice. I know tetrapad/tete and rene both get a lot of mentions.