Introduction

Hi! Long time lurker here. I've been quite happy with my intellijel 4u palette for some time now but really feeling the growing pains - I'm picking up an alm 6u 52hp case this week for a solid discount and have been plotting on where to go with it.

The Rack

ModularGrid Rack

I currently own the modules in the top row, with the bottom being the top next modules I'm considering aquiring.

Ethos

I had a previous career doing some touring and some spotify sucess in the lofi house / bass music scenes - I am honestly quite past that and focus less on percussion and more on sonic textures lately. For the past decade or so I've been all ableton, boxed up in my laptop. Now that I'm older and am often at home instead of traveling, I've started to build out my home studio. Eurorack is nothing so new to me, I've used friends and collaborators systems in the past and have owned plenty of semi-modular systems - although the hobby/passion has never resided within me until lately. Sonically, I'm attempting to move towards more nimble and needlepoint plucks and warm droney pads. For some equivalents, stuff like this:

Explanation

Rings into clouds has certantly given me the plucky delayed sharp as a needle ear tingling excitement I've been looking for - but I do want to have 2 voices in my rack now that its 104hp. I would'nt want to get any more voices really after that. The odessa and its overtones and beautiful chord + reese-y bass producing goodness seems like a great pairing to add a wash of sonic texture to the plucky walking melodies of rings. Please suggest any other voice you think might be better in this place! I have marbles but i'm honestly not set on it - I've been enjoying enigma in o_c more lately as a random generative melodic generator. I'd really like some more cv modulation and controllability! If you have suggestions, again please let me know. I know ochd is really popular, and I have a gitgud LFO from jolin thats compact and fun times, but my cv processing capabilities are low right now. The quadrax seems to be a great function generator / envelope / bursty module that'll help with some extra modulation. As for VCA's I really need more for cv purposes but the tangle quartet seems like a great place to start.

Now You!

If you have any feedback on where to go given my thoughts - or want to shame me for my module choice and case size - the floor is now yours! Thanks in advance ~

Zane