Thank you for the feedback!
I'll have to think about the concept more.
Some clarifications below:

voice leading requires at least one sequencer channel per voice - unless you only want to be able to play in unison or in fixed intervals

you have a quad quantizer, but no melodic sequencer to feed it - so how are you intending to sequence the voices in your rack? if the answer is I don't know, but I'd like to control the notes - then get a sequencer that's big enough to control those voices - something like a erica black sequencer, or the new hermod+, both of which include quantisers, as do almost all sequencers in the "battleship sequencer" category

My idea was to use the Harlequin as a sequencer and modulate, offset, invert etc. multiples of it before quantization.
Then trigger rhythms for the melodies and drums via "trigger action" (pam's, binary akkumulator & burst).
I was hoping to use triggers to modulate the Harlequin sequences somewhat with sample & hold, slew limiter stuff.

you have 4 vcos and a sampler... but only a single vcf... so immediately you are out of polyphonic territory and into paraphonic... for polyphony, as mentioned above, you need a vcf per voice - on top of this there is not enough mixing to reduce the 4 channels of vcos to a stereo signal before sending to the vcf... you may be envisioning the 2 shakmat vcos and the waveshaper as a single complex oscillator?

Ok. I see it; lacking filter and mixing capacity. The complex oscillator was indeed envisioned as an patching option.
I was hoping to use the sampler and disting to stretch to kinda-sorta 4 voices for ... an patching option.

work out how many voices you really want...

Not less than 2.

-- JimHowell1970

Cheers

-- krmk

in that case I'd look at reducing the number of voices to 2 and increasing the amount of utility modules - especially mixers /cascding vcas (happy nerding might be a good option as they are often smallish - 6hp - 3MIA, 3VCA etc) to facilitate the generation - personally I like the ability to deliberately input sequences as well as 'randomly' generate them... so I just use a marbles for 'random' - if I had one I'd use the harlequin's context for making changes to modulation and routing etc - to differentiate sections of music

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities